It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Aliens visit us. So we have free-energy. So what?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I just had a long conversation with a friend tonight about the possibility that there is an alien cover-up and that the U.S. military possibly has free-energy. My friend's main response to the whole thing was "Even if it is true, So what?"

For some reason it kinda made me stop and think. Why exactly am I so obsessed with all of this? Why does it seem like it matters so much to me? The whole "so what" argument actually makes a lot of sense... what am I supposed to personally do about all this? My friend told me I could be spending my time on more important things like my education. He is probably right. What is the point of following up on all these blurry videos of lights in the sky? What is the point of trying to figure out if our government/military has truly cracked the free-energy code? Is this all just one big waste of time?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Free energy is a waste of time, I know that much for sure. How many charlatans is it gonna take to convince the suckers otherwise? Nevertheless, one could ask "so what?" about anything...I would ask him why is he "wasting his time" defending his country...he would probably say "well, I like my freedom"...and you like the quest for knowledge.

You're not wasting your time.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The point for all of this is the point for LIFE in general... to become more aware. You are working on your education. You are bettering the world by becoming informed and aware. The 100th monkey syndrome.

UFOs are just another step towards gaining more awareness...

Okay, so there's nothing you can do about UFOs and free energy. Dive even deeper. Take the next step. Unlock the mysteries inside of YOU.... find out who YOU really are. Become a human being, not just a human doing. That's the whole reason you became obsessed with the unknown, is because you KNEW there must be something more out there... and you STILL know. Don't give up now.

Your friend is obviously trying to lead you astray from your path. Don't let others dictate who you are and what you think is important. You chose these subjects as being important because they ARE. Listen to the voice that made you wonder in the first place... not some ignorant friend. Believe me, I've got 'em by the metric ton. DENY ignorance...remember? Don't let them force their ignorance upon you. You are unfolding, while they are staying stuck in this narrow tunnelvision "we" call reality.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
And to Kraken.... free energy a waste of time???? Tell that to the thousands of Iraqis dying because of costly energy.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
indierockalien, I gave you a nice big star. Thanks for the wise words...

Edit: I won't let anyone bring me down from this. I have learned to look at this entire planet from "the outside looking in" and it is a great perspective. The big picture matters to me. Some people just don't seem to comprehend certain things...

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The "so what" attitude is what allows them to do things like this in the first place. If there were enough people who actually cared, maybe things wouldn't be the way they are. If the government decided they wanted everyone micro chipped tomorrow, people would follow along without question.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by GeeGee]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
The "so what" attitude is what allows them to do things like this in the first place. If there were enough people who actually cared, maybe things wouldn't be the way they are.

Good point. I hear/see that apathetic viewpoint a lot. Even my own Father admitted to being a sort of "defeatist," basically also saying "So what?" I think selfishness comes into play here. People are still very selfish and materialistic, especially in the United States. Man o man what are we going to do with this world? No one seems to care about each other or our future.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Don't think I'm holier than thou. I only recently came to this awareness. I almost gave up... but then I realized I was onto something when the so called "friends" I have been so close to for so long, who first called me crazy, who then called me irresponsible, who then tried to act like my parents trying to tell me what I should and shouldn't be doing, who then told me "So what? I don't care. Shut up.", finally turned on me. They got me drunk, cornered me, assaulted me, held me down, forceably injected me with something I'm not sure of (true story cross my heart), and told me that I'd better shut up, or else. The very friends I confided in....and they were IN on it???? I haven't even seen or heard anything huge that I can prove concluseively...WHY ME??? I thought I was crazy, what happened?

I'm still blown away by it, but it only makes me stronger and more determined.

Free energy is important. YES, there is a huge conspiracy ALL around us, maybe closer to home than you think, and I can attest to that.
It exists. It is not a myth. So do a lot of things you hear about in this field.

Keep investigating, and don't get discouraged by anything. Don't get too paranoid either. There ain't nothing to fear except fear itsself.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by indierockalien]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I've always been of the impression that having Free Energy was entirely dependant on the organization and individual's ability to maintain and use it wisely.

As if the "right" to it had to be earned over time.

I mean, theoretically, if we suddenly thrust Free Energy into the hands of every man, woman, nation and country on the planet - there would be nothing but ill to come of it.

Resources are always being used to fuel someones personal agenda, why is it so terrible that something with that much unlimited potenital is being handled out only to the deserving?

Makes perfect sense to me.

I sure as heck wouldn't let a child play with a loaded handgun.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
General Eyes, I completely understand the point you are making, but how would nothing but ill come from free-energy for everyone? When I think of some "utopia" planet out there in the Universe somewhere, I start with a planet that doesn't have to worry about gas or electricity bills.

Resources are always used to fuel someone's agenda, but FREE-ENERGY? This is something the public has never heard of. I see BP commercials where supposed "average" people are saying things like "we need more solar and whatever power." They have no clue.

You wouldn't let a child play with a loaded handgun? How is harnessing the energy provided by a planet for everyone as a whole like playing with a handgun? In my eyes only good can come from it.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I could see certain people using free energy in dangerous ways.... but umm no more dangerous than the people who are already using it in secret!

I agree, free energy must be used responsibly.... but the reason for uncovering it to the masses is because of what lies beyond the mystery of free energy...

There is something very wrong here, my friends. This is only a piece of the puzzle. It seems as though this gets much more bizzare and serious than I ever thought.

No more than a little over a year ago, my main concern was being an indie rock icon.

Oh how the tides have turned....

I would not have put my musical aspirations on the backburner if I did not feel that this subject and the subjects it inevitably leads to were of the utmost importance to humanity.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
My responce to this: What could possibly be more important? Not just free energy but unimaginable technology, all the worlds problems solved .

More important things like education? If you have absolutely 100% proof of contact with extraterestrial life, then nothing is more important that getting the truth out there.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
My responce to this: What could possibly be more important? Not just free energy but unimaginable technology, all the worlds problems solved .

More important things like education? If you have absolutely 100% proof of contact with extraterestrial life, then nothing is more important that getting the truth out there.

I understand where you are coming from, but can we prove anything you are talking about? When my skeptical friends laugh what am I supposed to say? I can't prove any of this stuff, none of us can. My friend said when there is proof it will be front page EVERYWHERE. Why wouldn't it? I told my friend that the UFO subject has been in the mainstream media lately and he told me that it is all because of trends and for "ratings."

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here's what I mean when I say free energy is a waste of time:

1. We know it's a violation of the laws of physics.
2. Hundreds, perhaps thousands have tried to accomplish it and all have failed.

Time to move on to something worthwhile!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Free Energy could not possibly be waste of time, and there are several if not tens of reasons for that conclusion. There are also some quite severe consequences if one would actually achieve it.

It would free up human resources currently used to acquire chemical sources of energy. This is good, if those resources (that is, human work) can be directed into something useful. If not, perhaps something like tens of millions of people would lose their job.

It would completely eliminate all costs currently relevant to energy and its sources. It would therefore also eliminate nearly all reasons for conserving energy in, for example, electronics (yeah well, heat would still be a problem and maybe it would cause conservation anyway).

It would also cause severe problems in current geopolitical status, energy politics would no more be a way to control, all countries with oil as a big part of their economy would suffer.

However, about 100 000 chemical compounds that are used in industry are made from oil or gas. Gasoline alone is just one of them, and it would NOT CAUSE elimination of oil industry. Free energy cannot possibly replace all those chemical compounds.

Humans in global sense however, would gain immense freedom to do just about anything as cost of energy would no longer be a problem. The cost to keep your energy in containment would still cost money though..

So, there's some of the reasons. See them in the view you want, these don't go away.

If free energy is impossible to achieve because of physical laws, it would of course be total waste of time if thought in terms of efficiency.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Are you completely sure about that, Kraken? Tesla seemed to be on to something, Willhelm Reich, countless others... but guess who always comes snooping around to sabotage it all?
The corporately owned puppet government.

And if we all had proof of our experiences, why should any agency be responsible for covering it all up in the first place? That's their job, is to make these experiences as elusive and mysterious as possible, so ignorant people around the world can continue sitting on their dumb asses to eat their pork rinds and snuff and laugh at ANYTHING that the teevee says isn't true.

You think everybody involved in things beyond this stupid joke of a reality is just crazy or lying for profit or attention??? What a god damned insult! To all skeptics out there that assume the latter, what a GOD DAMNED INSULT!!!

I lost all my friends and all respect and got attacked maliciously, all because I experienced things that didn't fit with most people's viewpoints, because I questioned the obvious flaws of society.... so don't tell me it's a waste of time, Mr. Kraken. That is an insult to humanity. We might as well just nuke ourselves all to death right now, if what you say is true, which it isn't at all, and I'm sorry for sounding a bit harsh.

To diplomat, the evidence is out there. I can't guarantee that you'll have proof that you can take "to the bank", so to speak... but if you keep searching, keep digging, you'll get the proof YOU need.

Funny story, I actually had several alien hand printsw on my doorways and windows, and I told my "friend" at the time to take pictures of all of them and send them to me. He was all like "whoa dude, that # is REAL!!! That's awesome" and he took a bunch of pictures of them with his camera phone. I kept calling him and bugging him to send me those damn pictures, and he was like yeah yeah yeah I'll get them to you soon. I come to find out later that HE ERASED THEM (oh find of the century, and he ERASES the photos???)....

Turns out, he's not on my side. He's the one who directed the whole backlash that happened to me. He's the one that injected me with something and then proceeded to beat the living # out of me. The only thing that saved my life was the fact that they got scared that the owners of the convenience store across the street heard all the commotion, so they threw me outside and told me to walk home, and above all other things to "shut the F*** up."

I have bumps and bruises and stuff still, and now whenever I try meditating, I get sick to my stomach. If I could take pictures of that and that would prove something, I would... but the real evidence is lost. Bruises won't prove a damn thing. And the cops are on their side. That's how I got home, was after they threw me out, they called the cops and said I was assaulting THEM!

So... I dunno, just POSSIBLY, things are a bit deeper than any of you think.

...and by the way, LAWS are meant to be broken.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

Yes, the payoff would be quite huge, but free energy machines totally violate the Second Law of Thermodynamics, which is why no one has ever built one, despite literally centuries of attempts.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

If free energy is impossible to achieve because of physical laws, it would of course be total waste of time if thought in terms of efficiency.

Your right its impossible at this point in time just like anti-grav.. Free energy violates the laws of thermodynamics.

If we did solve those 2 mysteries then I think that could we could build a UFO pretty easily.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I'm not so sure anti-gravity is impossible by the laws of physics, scrammy, after all, a unified field theory, which pretty much everyone believes in (we just don't know what one would look like yet), predicts that gravity is a field just like electricity and magnetism and can be manipulated accordingly.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's not just free energy that's being suppressed. It's alloys, compunds, agricultural sciences that could feed the whole world forever, just.....so many things that would eliminate suffering and competition for resources... and with free energy, would come the way to be paved for these other technologies to be harnessed, because it's all interconnected, and it's all being supressed because people would wonder where it all came from and why nobody has been talking about it..... because it comes from out of this world. I've seen the technology in action a few times. I believe that it was government back engineered technology that I saw.
It would be great if more people would take testimony from their fellow man seriously, instead of considering everyone to be guilty until proven innocent. There are people out there with INCREDIBLE experiences to tell the world, who have not made a dime, who have no reason to lie or make up fairytales, I am one of them... although there's not much to tell with me.

I swear on my mother's grave that everything I say that happened to me HAS happened, and I'll take a polygraph test, I'll go in front of a court and jury... and still, that won't be enough for people, if all of these people are proven honest people.... they will still ignore it, ridicule it, continue their daily death march, and continue caring about which teen whore queen gets a DUI this week, and buying into war propaghanda from "Fair and Balanced" Corporate squack boxes...

This may cause instability at first... but it needs to be put out there, because we don't have that many years left before we MUST have an alternative to today's backwards society. Society NEEDS to be shaken to it's foundatons and re-built. THAT'S the idea. This is not something that can be slowly implemented over the next century, because by then, we'll be dead.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join