It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

china acclaims moon images

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdrn

Yeah, but chances are that it will be released. Look at NASA's track record. When have they withheld data? Just because their data isn't in agreement with the stuff all the conspiracy wackos are pushing doesn't mean that they're withholding anything.

I see that you label people that attempt to uncover possible secrets as "wackos". I don't mind alternate points of view, but name-calling is somewhat childish.

In any case, I can't say for sure that NASA has "withheld" data. But, it certainly hasn't been made easily accessible to the general public. Show me where I can find a full set of hi-res LO 1-5 pics? Again, I don't think it's NASA's obligation to do this. I'd just like to see it. However, it would put a lot of us wacko's theories to rest... or not

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

Entire dataset? No, not yet, but remember that this was in the mid-60s, when all that data had to be printed on film rather than put onto a tape or hard disk. Thus, before each photo needs to be put online, it needs to be scanned. It's not a quick process.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cdrn

Yes. There are some good images at the USGS site. Although, not quite as many since all the LO-4 pics disappeared from that site about a month or two ago. Perhaps there is some explanation on the site that I missed. I didn't read through it all.

All links at the LPI site have been going to 404's for the LO-4 hires gzip files from USGS for a while now.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

There are no LO-4 pics here either...

ser.sese.asu.edu...

They never had them there in the first place, but...

Those are the only really hi-res LO pic sites I'm aware of, and neither have LO-4 pics.

And I do realize the pic scanning job is no simple process. But there seems to be very little funding for it. It couldn't really cost "that" much in the whole scheme of things. But again, what does anyone have to gain by publishing all the pics? I'm sure there are full sets out there, but I don't believe they will every be fully published.

But, I digress... This has little to do with the original post.

EDIT: Speeling :-)

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I wonder if the Chinese would disclose any information on the supposedly ancient alien spaceship on the fare side of the moon.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JadePhoenix

I'm pretty sure that was a YouTube hoax, if that's the Apollo 20 space ship find video you are referring to.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I do believe thats the one I am talking about, didn't know it was a hoax tho...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JadePhoenix
I wonder if the Chinese would disclose any information on the supposedly ancient alien spaceship on the fare side of the moon.

Sure, why not? Of course, there would actually have to be such a thing first, but if they discovered leprechauns riding unicorns, why would they keep it a big secret?

Because NASA told them to? Hah.
That would be a pretty empty threat after the cat (or leprechaun) was let out of the bag, no? It would be unlikely that the U.S. would nuke them or impose economic sanctions at that point. So the Chinese would have nothing to lose.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Greetings Nohup

Everyone knows leprechaun do not exist

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
So it's official is it? China have finally entered the 1960's. I don't believe they should be applauded. My guess is, most of their technologies were stolen in the first place anyway. The 30+ year gap between them and the U.S suggests they aren't innovators, lets be honest! It would be like congratulating a child for copying in a test. lol

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
I'm hoping the Chinese are going to be "attention whores" and want to be the first to get clear evidence of Richard Hoagland's claims of glass domes, great spires, and structures on the moon.

Do you really think the world gives two hoots about Richard Hoagland's claims? They're gospel to a few thousand cultists and a 'well, maybe, but it's a bit far-fetched' for a million or two idle minds. The rest of the world couldn't care less. We have real life to get on with.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Astyanax]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdrn
Entire dataset? No, not yet, but remember that this was in the mid-60s, when all that data had to be printed on film rather than put onto a tape or hard disk. Thus, before each photo needs to be put online, it needs to be scanned. It's not a quick process.

Of course though... you could be COMPLETELY wrong thus be considered a 'wacko' debunker

LO data was not on film as the film crashed on the Moon with the orbiters... It was transmitted back to Earth and recorded on Ampex video tapes

So just shows you don't know everything in your zeal to debunk

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So much ignorance on this site to deny... a never ending task

:shk:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Of course though... you could be COMPLETELY wrong thus be considered a 'wacko' debunker

I'd call this a nitpick since he was right insofar as the data was stored in an analog format and needs to be digitized first, explaining why the process is taking time. I certainly wouldn't call it "completely wrong" - it wasn't stored on a hard drive, as he said. I think the point he was trying to convey was that it was stored in a digital form, which is correct.

LO data was not on film as the film crashed on the Moon with the orbiters... It was transmitted back to Earth and recorded on Ampex video tapes

It was transmitted back to earth and stored as analog data, so while it may not be accurate to say it was never stored on tape, it's still in an analog form. How exactly is anyone supposed to upload analog tape data from the early 60's directly to the internet without digitizing it first? It may as well be in film form, it would be equally as analog and as useless to a computer without some way of digitizing it first. In fact, since the tape drives to read these old ampex FR-900 tape drives are 40 years old now, it'd probably be easier to digitize if it were film.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join