It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

china acclaims moon images

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

China acclaims moon images, mission deemed a success

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:40pm EST

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's leaders celebrated the first images sent from the country's first lunar satellite on Monday, saying they showed their nation had thrust itself into the front ranks of global technological powers.

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao, visiting the scientists who have guided the lunar probe Chang'e 1 into space and around the moon, proclaimed the mission a success after it began to send back images, according to Xinhua news agency.

"The full success of our country's first lunar exploration mission is helping to turn the Chinese nation's 1,000-year old dream of reaching the moon a reality," Wen said.

Does anyone know if those photos are near the alleged ancient alien shipwreck?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If they do try and goto the moon I have this feeling we may never know because if something happens they do not want the world to know. Imagine them boasting about getting on the moon and everyone sees the videos of them walking up there doing experiments, they pop the cork on the champagne, and then on live tv their return craft fails to get off the moon surface. Talk about a media black out from China.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm hoping the Chinese are going to be "attention whores" and want to be the first to get clear evidence of Richard Hoagland's claims of glass domes, great spires, and structures on the moon. Wouldn't that be something? America has been to the moon, but the Chinese come out with the evidence? Watch out NASA! Your game may be about up!

I'd actually expect this from the Japanese and their SELENE satellite. You know how they are with their cameras as tourists!

[edit on 26-11-2007 by CreeWolf]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

I like your take on this, and we'll never know until... maybe a 'shared' space adventure vs. 'race' is what the world needs -- looking forward to more Moon images!

[edit on 26-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

clear evidence of Richard Hoagland's claims of glass domes, great spires, and structures on the moon.

I was watching the History channel yesterday and one of the programs talked about a impact crater with a large tower like structure in it. They said the tower was a result of the impact, they even showed a 3D image of what the tower was supposed to look like. It would be funny if the Chi-Coms come back and said that they found something on the moon. NASA could be in for a rude awakening...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Politically, it might be in China's best interest, if they do find something to keep silent and blackmail the US in some way with the threat of release. I hope I'm wrong, but politics do touch and taint everything.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Politically, it might be in China's best interest, if they do find something to keep silent and blackmail the US in some way with the threat of release. I hope I'm wrong, but politics do touch and taint everything.
Its not looking that way. All systems full steam ahead, China has a January 2008 publication of its 3D lunar images.

China to publish whole lunar 3D image in January

China's space experts have predicted that the country will publish the whole lunar 3D image in January next year.

On Monday, China published its first moon image sent back by its lunar probe Chang'e-1, named after a mythical Chinese goddess who flew to the moon.

The picture was pieced together from 19 images, each covering a width of 60 kilometers of the moon's surface. The area covered by the picture, about 460 kilometers in length and 280 kilometers in width, is located within a 54 to 70 degrees south latitude and 57 to 83 degrees east longitude on the moon, according to sources with Beijing Aerospace Control Center (BACC).
Looks like we'll have a clue if there's anything to the moon aliens story.

Anyway, their photo doesn't look like its anywhere near the alleged alien shipwreck.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I applaus china's efforts. they have great images and are doing well. this proves that the US has fallen behind in space exploration. I'd like to see the chinese land on the moon and bring back some real footage. not that old stuff from 69 we seen over and over again. China is doing great! Now lets move over to mars and send someone over, chinese, mexican, russian whatever race or nation. just send someone over!

the US will stay behind and watch dancing with the stars till 2010.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

NASA has released photos of the moon as well, yet people still think there is a coverup. Just because China says they will release the photos in January, doesn't mean that what they release won't be edited first.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

This is exactly what I was getting at. Let us suppose that China found a crashed Apollo Mission lander littering a crater on the farside. It would not really profit them as much to tell the world about it as it would to use that information to keep an American administration nervous for four or eight years.

And if you think America might edit out embarrassing images, then you have to admit the same could be just as likely for the People's Republic of China.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I applaus china's efforts. they have great images and are doing well. this proves that the US has fallen behind in space exploration.

Huh??? Do you realize that this is China's only space probe in commission, while the US is currently operating:

-Spirit and Opportunity (Mars)
-MRO (Mars)
-Phoenix (Mars)
-MESSENGER (Mercury)
-Dawn (Ceres, Vesta)
-New Horizons (Pluto)
etc.

Not really a fair comparison either, since interplanetary probes are much more complicated and need to be much more reliable than simple lunar orbiters. In addition, Martian atmospheric entry (such as that done successfully by Spirit and Opportunity) is ridiculously difficult and has only been done successfully by the US and USSR.

Not to mention that next year, the US is sending up the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, which will image the entire moon in 0.5 meter resolution (compare this to Chang'e 1's 150 meter resolution).

China is going in the right direction with this, but they're not even close to matching what the US is achieving. Not by a long shot.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
America is still leading, by any way you look at it. But the important thing is competition. The more countries and companies that go out into space, the more they will strive to be better than those they are "racing". And we will all benefit from that.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If only it was simply a technological 'we can do it' however china in truth wants to get in on the great Moon territory rush of the next decade. Like it or not we don't act together but we do act seperately. Theres money on the moon and if you aint there you aint getting any. India, russia, china, US, europe (Richard Branson LoL) its going to get crowded one way or another.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I applaus china's efforts. they have great images and are doing well. this proves that the US has fallen behind in space exploration.

The Chinese are about 40 years behind the US at this stuff so saying the US has fallen behind doesn't make sense. By the time they land a man on the Moon, they'll be about 41+ years behind the US. Add to that that without western technology they'd never have gotten to the moon.

I believe the US will be the first to put a Starbucks on the moon and that's what really counts in the end.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Nasa is far ahead of the game when it comes to exploring our solar system and they should be applauded. I would like to see other nations start to explore also. There really is no need at this time to put man on mars when so much can be done with robotics. I got to be first mentality needs to go and exploration be the focus.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yay! CNSA released a 74kb jpg for their first moon picture

I hope there is something more hi-res coming soon

I have to believe that the U.S. has been in discsussions with both China and Japan to give them a call if they find anything anomalous.

The best I am hoping for are some new hi-res pics of the same areas as the lunar orbiter 1-5 pics to compare and contrast. But I don't think we'll even see much or that. Still, it's very interesting to see some new close-ups of the moon after so many years

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If they get to the moon we will hear about it for sure. We won't know it from them untill they land on it thats for sure. If something goes wrong we won't hear it from their government thats for sure.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Yay! CNSA released a 74kb jpg for their first moon picture

I hope there is something more hi-res coming soon

I have to believe that the U.S. has been in discsussions with both China and Japan to give them a call if they find anything anomalous.

The best I am hoping for are some new hi-res pics of the same areas as the lunar orbiter 1-5 pics to compare and contrast. But I don't think we'll even see much or that. Still, it's very interesting to see some new close-ups of the moon after so many years

The Chang'e 1 probe will only image terrain with 100-150 m resolution. It's not really meant to be meant for high-res mapping; the Lunar Orbiters retained much more detailed images than this is capable of doing. As I mentioned before, though, just wait a year; the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter will image the moon with 0.5 m resolution.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdrn
As I mentioned before, though, just wait a year; the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter will image the moon with 0.5 m resolution.

Ah, yes... but LRO is a NASA orbiter. Since they know where all the hot-spots are, I don't imagine they will be releasing hi-res imaging of those areas

Now of course, I don't expect NASA to put an ounce of effort into debunking any previously identified anomalies. They have nothing to gain from this and it is certainly not on the agenda of their mission funded by tax payers (although I didn't get to vote on the agenda)

The international space club (U.S. , Russia and new friends) control when and if this information, if it exists, will be released to the general public. Until then, we can only speculate. Lot's of evidence... no proof

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

The international space club (U.S. , Russia and new friends) control when and if this information, if it exists, will be released to the general public. Until then, we can only speculate. Lot's of evidence... no proof

Yeah, but chances are that it will be released. Look at NASA's track record. When have they withheld data? Just because their data isn't in agreement with the stuff all the conspiracy wackos are pushing doesn't mean that they're withholding anything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join