It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser weapon test - Great Salt Lake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Apologies if this is in the wrong section, wasn't sure. Talked to a retired-military relative over the holidays. Can't remember how this came up but he was telling me about the testing of a short-burst, laser cannon/laser gun kind of thing somewhere on the Great Salt Lake. The salt bed was used somehow as a giant conductor, I believe? Can't recall if that's exactly what it was, but I know salt is a good conductor of electricity.

I was told that a friend had told him that when the gun fired it knocked a lot of people on the ground, as a result of a massive jolt going through the salt. Is there info. on this testing somewhere? A cursory look hasn't turned up anything.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cold Metallic Voice

Try looking for laser testing at the Dugway Proving Ground or the Bonneville
Salt Flats. Those are nearby areas that are often used for scientific and/or military testing.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Sounds similar to a part of "Henry Deacon's" story.... or wait am I confusing him with somebody else? Either way, very cool.... but also very very scary.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Yeah, that Henry Deacon guy has talked about a laser project but I read it was in California, I think?

I also read about a UFO group in Utah going to the desert one night a few years ago (which jibes with the time period I was told) and seeing some weird stuff going on at Dugway - incredibly bright lights, weird smells, weird fog, radio problems, people getting sick, etc.

Check it out
Utah test

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Deacon's LASER story was about an Air Force LASER being tested in Hunter Liggett, California.

Deacon had a UFO encounter at Dugway, but that was a different subject, and was before his work at Livermore.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Very intresting it was for a weapon though I wonder who we would use it on it doesnt seem useful in the middle east diffinately to costy for that to kill a bunch of terrorists I think not.

top topics

join