It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible Helicopter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I was just looking through Google Earth and just checking out all the Area 51 roads where I came across what appears to be a shadow of a helicopter but I do not see the helicopter at that spot or in the air.
The cooridnates for the shadow is 37° 15′ 33″ N, 115° 49′ 41″ W

What really gets me is that at 37° 14′ 49″ N, 115° 48′ 43″ W there is another helicopter AND shadow together. The helicopter itself can be clearly seen but at that other spot (first coordinates listed) really looks like just a shadow.

I know you can see inflight planes cause there is a single engine plane visible at the Nazca Lines location. Look at 14° 41′ 25″ S, 75° 7′ 0″ W, these are cooridnates that locates to the spot between the inflight plane and shadow.

Sorry, I do not have any programs that will allow me to take a "snap shot" of the Google Earth image so if anyone is able to, that would be appreaciated.

Anyways, am I alone and seeing only a shadow?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I took the snapshots for you...seems interesting. But it could also be the result of technical issues of the mapping satellites.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
maybe at noon?
the choppers there are most likely black too.

just like the other copter isn't much displaced from the shadow ...

the plane is most likely higher up with a different sun angle.

you can take the pictures directly from GE ... File - Save - Save Image

it helps for the site to have the detailed coordinates, less for people to ... question

good eyes though, and getting the coordinates. I had something in the canadian mountains, but I lost it because I didn't write it down or snap a shot

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
To the OP,

The dhopper (Blackhawk) that you are referring to is in fact black or very very dark green probably...so it is possible that you are not seenig a shadow but the aircraft itself!? Also a shadow can be very misleading...note the third shot given after your original post..it is of the Cessna and its shadow! Very far behind it, this can happen for a number of reasons, but mainly to to the time of day, the altitude of the original aircraft, and the altitude of the photographing aircraft above it!

One last important point also, it has been a point of confusion on ATS before but it does not seem to be the case here! But...many shots are taken from a FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared) camera or even a light desensitizing NVG (Night Vision Goggle) shot. In either case, if there were a shadow at all....and that's doubtful...it would be confusing to the eye!

Hope this helps eliminate any confusion.....Peace, Mondo

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If it was invisible, it wouldn't cast a shadow. ;-)

Both images are from 2007. There is no way to tell if they are from the same pass.

I archived a lot of photos from this particular set of imagery. GE changes all the time. This particular set is interesting due to the low sun angle. I've spotted antenna arrays on buildings that normally would not be seen if not for the shadows.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

That's not true. If it was invisible, the technology we currently have (not very advanced yet as far as we know) just emits light matching that of the opposite side.. it is still a solid object and the sunlight wouldn't pass through.

However I agree that the chopper is most likely the chopper itself and not a shadow and with the plane, well it is the angle of the sun and the altitude of the aircraft that determines where the shadow will fall.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

That's not true. If it was invisible, the technology we currently have (not very advanced yet as far as we know) just emits light matching that of the opposite side.. it is still a solid object and the sunlight wouldn't pass through.

This story about visible stealth never dies, yet nobody every produces a evidence of such products

Let's do some debunking here. If you are emitting light, then you are not stealth to the enemy. It's not hard to detect light sources.

To visually mask yourself, you need to produce a light suitable for each observer. That is, what you present depends on who is looking. That is quite a task.

The USAF did some study on the best color to visually hide a jet. It turned out to be something that was a bit pink. Clearly, we can't have pink jets. This latest gray coloring is probably the best compromise.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've never seen an aeroplane in the air on google. If someone could post a link to an image of an aircraft (in the sky), from Google Earth then I think this thread could benefit.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here is evidence for the technology that I have heard about.. it is actually 'optical camouflage' which essentially, if it was accurate enough, could make larger objects appear invisible to the human eye. Like I say, with this, a shadow would still be cast.

Ahhh how do you embed a video??

Heres the link

Optical Camouflage

[edit on 30-11-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
looks like just a shadow, the chopper is on the air, but out of view.
look at this pic:

npshare.de...

you can see the airplane in the air, and it's shadow behind due to the angle of the sun hitting it.

could it be?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

Thanks Jaden. I appreciate the picture you posted. I've just never seen an aircraft in the air from Google Earth, so thanks.

I also just realised I didn't check all of the external images. My bad, sorry people.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
People, people, remember what this place is. I think that the shadow is a shadow of a helicoper and that he thing can not be seen with the human eyes nor with the eyes of the tech. that we have today. You have to remember who we are dealing with here. It is Area 51. They have that kind of tech. but will not share it with the world.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amanbuthimself

Here is a jet coming in here at Eielson (note: in GE....the images are at least 5-6yrs old at this base)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
As far as the 1st helicopter. Looks like the actual copter....not a shadow.

The 2nd...it is sitting on the ground and you are seeing the shadow of 2 of the blades

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Not to be rude, but that's not a jet. It's powered by propellers. C-130 cargo aircraft I believe.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Demanufakture

I know what it is - my husband is in the Air Force, I live on that base and see them take off every day....around the base most people call all flying PLANES jets....

Saying JET is like calling all sodas COKE.

Excuse me for not being more specific in calling it by its exact Air Force name.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demanufakture
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Not to be rude, but that's not a jet. It's powered by propellers. C-130 cargo aircraft I believe.

Does it really matter? How is that relevant? I suggest you don't bother posting unless it is going to be useful or interesting to anyone else

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x
looks like just a shadow, the chopper is on the air, but out of view.
look at this pic:

npshare.de...

you can see the airplane in the air, and it's shadow behind due to the angle of the sun hitting it.

could it be?

But out of view WHERE? The point in even saying anything about the plane is that where there is a shadow, the object casting the shadow can not be all too far away. Take Google Earth and scroll around some airports around the world, you can always see a distinct difference between object and shadow. This is the only instance where I see a shadow and that is it. OR the is the only helicopter that does not cast a shadow.
As for anyone that says there is no shadow because the photo is taken directly over the helicopter. Look at the objects around the area, they are all under the same resolution. The shadows of these objects are all the same length and direction. All of these objects show the object AND shadow.
Also, a little knowledge in geometry and the location of the helicopter should be easilly found if it is in the air. To me, something does not look right here, I only see a shadow of a helicopter.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
look at he third pic with the plane, notice on the bottom of the pic there is a shadow of the plane, the shadow fell back because of the angle of the sun the helicopter was probably up ahead and the shadow fell back further, i can bet that the actual helly is right outside the snapshot

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 009andahalf

Well then I guess you just lost .. umm what did you bet ?

Its not that hard to actually take those coordinates that are in the first post and actually go to google earth and put them in .. This will zoom you in on the shadow (I am starting to wonder if it is a shadow of a choper at all or maybe just something on the ground ) and when you look arround (yes you can do that on Google earth) you will notice that there is no choper anywhere in the vicinity ..

So either its a invisible choper , a black choper (looks a bit to fuzzy to be a solid object ) or its something on the ground and not a shadow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join