2012- "I Am Legend" trailer

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hello all,
I was wondering if any of you have seen this "I am Legend" trailer. I just want to know what you're thoughts are about it.
Thanx.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think it was originally a white zombie song...

[edit on 25-11-2007 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
yes it was, it was also a 70s film with "my cold dead hands" charleton heston

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing when I saw this trailer a while ago. In the beginning, when it shows In 2012, All Human Life Has Ended, I was like oh ****! I've seen The Last Man on Earth, which is what this movie is based on (along with a few more movies), so it's a shocker to me that they're remaking it and stamping the year 2012 on it.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Actually it is based on a book, 1954 science fiction novel by Richard Matheson about the last man alive in Los Angeles, California.
4 movies have been based on the book:
The Last Man on Earth (1964 film) starring Vincent Price (which you can watch online for free tesla.liketelevision.com...)
The Omega Man (1971)
starring Charlton Heston
I am Omega
straight to DVD
I am Legend (2007)
starring Will Smith

I am legend will be adapted to be more like the Omega Man version of the book.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

I first thought "OMEGA MAN" with some steeze when I first saw the previews. Who doesn't love a flick like this. The situation is every manly mans survival dream. I'm not big into action flicks, but I'm definitely seeing this the day it comes out.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Having seen the trailer and read the book.

I would have too say it seems "loosely based" on the original story, but then it was written a long time ago.

And in todays hard wired, fast moving, crap hole of a world, the story would have seemed a little tame. too say the least.

I'm guessing this will be a full on fightfest...

IMO: read the book. An awesome story.

MonKey

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
oh no! now I am thinking of a blue robot running around!!! (Mega Man)

Was watching TNTHD, so saw that ad a few times.

I thought NYC looked quite nice all tattered, (though I hope that is never the case in any way). A modern large city ruin would be a curious thing to see, if it didn't mean millions of deaths.

I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the words, I don't remember 2012
Since I never saw the earlier movies nor read the book, I was trying to figure out how he escaped what everyone else caught, and some of the scenes didn't make sense compared to other zombie-type themes ... though admittedly, I don't watch horror/thriller/etc. movies at all ... I have watched 28 days, but NONE other even close to that genre, and I didn't choose 28 days.

I guess no one can reveal it, since there are those that don't know the history, and don't want it spoiled ... so I will have to wait a while to get it explained (for I don't want to read a horror type book either, not my cup of tea, but a brief synopsis isn't bad).

I am sure this will be getting some money at the box office ... I will guess over 20 mil opening weekend, 120+ before it leaves theaters.

Hope all the horror buffs love it

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

I would class the book more as phycological thriller than horror.

MonKey

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
2012 to me is a date that, as of late, is beginning to scare the crap out of me.

I am leaning towards it as being a creditable date and if you are at all familiar with the date then you know that it is the end. Period.

For some Hollywood producer to one day say to himself, "hey, we can make a buck off this!" truly makes me wonder.

So I've logged onto this website, prompted by the "top secret" or conspiracy aspect, in an effort to get some intelligent feedback from the members here.

I look forward to the thread. Is 2012 real?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Here's a Wikipedia entry on the movie.

He becomes a source of terror to the still living, since he can go around in daylight (which they can only do for a short length of time) and kill them while they sleep.

I love the concept. The normal human is now a monster, because he is different. This should be a good movie. Looking forward to it.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I can not wait to see this movie, I've never seen any of the other movies that is menioned in this thread so it will be totally new to me

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
You can find some behind the scene images here. It's not much but it gives you a glimpse of the vampires.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Is this a vampire movie?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JadePhoenix

Yes, but with a twist. Everyone is a vampire except for one man. They believe him to be the monster because he can walk outside during the daylight and kill them in their sleep. Quite the twist to this classic tale.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Interesting, now I have to go and see this movie...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I saw the first teaser six months or so ago and it peaked my interest

But it was after seing trailer 2 that I really became anxious.

I just love when the trailer mixes images and beautiful sound and intices you to go watch the movie this very instant! xD

You probably all have seen it by now, but for the sake of enjoyment here it is for your leisure

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Someone I know went to go see the movie and said it was very dissapointing
I hope some people think its good. Have any of you all seen it?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Here is my review with feedback from others.

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

top topics

join