It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wi-fi / cellphones cause sleep disturbance & headaches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Saw this MIT article about said topic. Looks like more then 3 hours using either will disturb multiple levels of sleep; there weren't all that many participants in the study.

"The Effects of 884 MHz GSM Wireless Communication Signals on Self-reported Symptom and Sleep (EEG)- An Experimental Provocation Study"

During actual exposure, as compared to sham exposure, sleep initiated one hour after exposure was affected. There was a prolonged latency to reach the first cycle of deep sleep (stage 3). The amount of stage 4 sleep was also decreased in exposed subjects. NG subjects reported more headaches during exposures vs. sham exposure. Neither group (SG and NG) was able to detect the true exposure status more frequently than by chance alone.

Additional self-reported findings, biochemical, performance and electrophysiological data are currently being analyzed. Possible health implications from the findings will also be further explored.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
A good topic to continue to explore.. I have not read reports on radiowaves affecting sleep patterns. But there has been much continued debate on the possible negative effects of cell phone use. Is it a telecommunications and healthcare conspiracy?

Having stumbled upon an obviously well-kept secret, I researched the world literature on bioelectromagnetics, (or the biological effects of electromagnetism), and made myself an expert. I learned that electro-cautery machines, used in every modern surgical operation to cut through tissue and to stop bleeding, expose surgeons to much higher levels of radio frequency radiation than is permitted for workers in any industry. I learned that there was a disease thoroughly described in the Russian and Eastern European medical literature called radiowave sickness, the existence of which was usually denied by western authorities. This description made me remember my ‘unknown illness’, the one that had derailed my medical career. Bradycardia, or a slow heart rate, was said, in these texts, to be a grave sign.

source

This guy suffered from much more than just shortened stage 3 & 4 sleep. He is completely disabled now and attributes it to microwaves caused by the telecommunications industry. One point he makes I found hard to argue was that it's harder to prove the effects of microwave radiation today than 10 years ago because now the entire planet is exposed, making it difficult to do experiments with 'unexposed' controls.

Ohh.. not to get off topic.

To date, 1,200 physicians in Germany (2000 worldwide), have signed a petition (the Freiburger Appeal) calling for severe restrictions on wireless technology because they are seeing such a dramatic increase in certain diseases and symptoms in their patients – symptoms which they can only attribute to ambient microwave radiation. The diseases include: attention deficit disorder, extreme fluctuations in blood pressure, heart arrhythmias, heart attacks and strokes in young people, Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, leukaemia and brain tumours. The symptoms include: headaches, migraines, chronic fatigue, agitation, sleep disorders, tinnitus, nervous and connective tissue pains of unexplained origin, and susceptibility to infection.

source

Notice symptoms include sleep disorders..

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
How ironic - your signature, Scramjet76.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

How ironic - your signature, Scramjet76.

I'm sure you'll see an energy efficient and fuel conservative scramjet in the 21st century..

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
no surprise, is it true that you can actually cook an egg in an hour with a cell phone?

www.rense.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
this message is designed for those who are concerned with electromagnetic pollution, including sick building syndrome.

the problem is even worse for those very sensitive. one man lives in his home with the electricity off. the new low energy light bulbs cause more problems than normal ones. digital tv/radio signals cause more problems than the analogue ones. cell/mobile phone towers are in schools, churches & nowadays are disguised as petrol station signs, church steeples, chimneys(a house may have a second fake chimney), town hall clocks, trees, flag poles, boulders, church windows, drainpipes, even as weathervanes, BT phone boxes(UK) etc. add to that transmissions from police stations, tv/radio masts, wi-fi & taxi companies.

there are ways of dealing with electromagnetic pollution, & of course Luciferian/government/manipulating forces intent on stopping this. the main way is using orgonite, which can also deal with chemtrails. it's made from cured fiberglass resin, metal chips, copper coils, and grounded crystals, giving it the ability to capture life promoting orgone energy named POR(instead of life harming orgone energy named DOR), & heal all living things in its vicinity. this can be put in the home(1 in each corner) & near cell/mobile phone towers & pylons. they vary in size, the largest are chem/cloudbusters which contain 6 foot long copper tubes & can help remove chemtrails in the sky & can work up to a range of 120 miles depending on capability.

dinosaursofanarcia.blogspot.com... has a good introduction, where they wore an orgonite amulet & their plantar warts of 12 years vanished.

see www.orgonise-africa.net which has great pictures of orgonite removing chemtrails.

[UK:

www.thebluesun.co.uk sell orgonite & other things like jewellery. they sell a 'gifting pack' of 15 orgonite pieces for £25. orders over £10 include a free piece of orgonite. first class postage is £7. their cloudbuster is £170.

www.whale.to... also sell orgonite www.whale.to... lists public places where orgonite has been placed.]

placing 1 orgonite 'tower buster'(round pieces 3 inches in diameter) for each mobile phone antenna within 1300 feet removes its electromagnetic pollution. I wrap a piece up in a small plastic bag, put that inside a small air tight lunch-box container, then wrap that in a plastic bag with a rubber band, then put it in a hidden bush that no one would stumble upon.

see www.suffolkchurches.co.uk... for a picture - its masts look like flag poles built into its walls - well disguised. churches may have 3 or 4 masts, so use 3 or 4. put them north, south, east & west.

orgonite also helps defend against upper government mind control - see educate-yourself.org...

one person put orgonite next to his electricity meter & halved his consumption.

www.jiwire.com...
www.myhotspots.co.uk... lists wifi spots.

there are rhymes people say which do disperse chemtrails! our minds have far more power to create our reality than we were led to believe.

"No more Chemtrails,.. not today
Make the Chemtrails,.. go away
They will not stick, they will not stay
This will be a blue sky day".

or

"Blue Sky, Nothin' but Blue Sky
Nothin' but Blue Sky do I see."

Also, George Harrison's : "Here Comes The Sun" works quite well.

crystals also deal with electromagnetic pollution. one is sodalite. pieces cost £1/US $2. I have 2 on my pc. you can tape one to a phone.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by prost]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by prost

...wanted to thank you for the tips on dealing w/ these electricities. I found one of the stones in my local gem/mineral shop, pretty cheap too. Probably going to order the other one; living in the city, surrounded by cell/wi-fi towers, want to try these...

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by prost

...wanted to thank you again for this tip.

I purchased a slew of one of these stones and have them all over the apartment, my 'odd' sleeping behavior(s) have, almost overnight, gone away. The local gem shop doesn't have the other one mentioned -- absolutely going to order some.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Interesting, intriguing thread this is.
I have read about the dangers of cellphones and their use as a depopulation tool, but somehow remained a bit skeptic about the whole thing.

But..a recent experience made me realize that there are a group of people out there, who knows about this, and do not participate in cellphone usage.

A few months ago, I had a business meeting with one of the top directors of the Rockefeller company.
This man doesn't even own a cellphone!

And he told me these words, which remain fresh in my memory as if it just happened yesterday "You must think I am a strange American man, this is the 21st century, year 2007 and i don't own a mobile phone. But I don't. I just don't"

He never expolains why. But I know...
Cellphones are definitely bad for health, a depopulation tool.
Those who know, who are designing the plot, definitely never use it.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tatyara

...interesting that a Rockefeller isn't using a celly. Thanks for the post.

From watching the Dr. Deagle videos from the nwo thread, 'Do you know what's coming to you?" -- he mentions that when you're talking on the thing it's literally cooking brain cells.

I know, people want to call him a 'hoaxer' since his med license was revoked but look at the reason -- he moved to Canada. He seems knowledgeable enough imho.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The study is interesting. If it can be replicated, then they’re onto something. Otherwise it’s a fluke.

Cell phones put out less than a watt of power. I’d be very surprised if they were harmful.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapturas
no surprise, is it true that you can actually cook an egg in an hour with a cell phone?

www.rense.com...

urbanlegends.about.com...

Nope, it's bull#.

I personally don't see how cell phones are harmful.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Update:

Cell Phone Radiation Triggers Measurable Brain Cell Changes in Mere Minutes

As little as 10 minutes on a cell phone can trigger changes in brain cells linked to cell division and cancer, suggests a new study conducted by researchers from the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel and published in the Biochemical Journal.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Note the words “suggests” and “can”.

And note that it was an in vitro test and the results have yet to be replicated in vivo.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Update:

Extended exposure to the radiation of a mobile phone, even when not in use, can cause headaches and disrupt the body's ability to enter deep sleep, according to a study conducted by researchers from Wayne State University in the United States and the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, and published in the peer-reviewed online journal Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium.

"Mobile Phone Use Disrupts Sleep, Causes Headaches and Confusion"

Related:

"Frequent Mobile Phone Use Boosts Tumor Risk by 50 Percent"

"Mobile phone use linked to sharp decline in sperm quality"

top topics

join