It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top police officer warns that nuclear attack is inevitable

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Top police officer warns that nuclear attack is inevitable

www.sundayherald .com

A NUCLEAR attack by terrorists causing widespread panic, chaos and death is inevitable and will happen soon, a senior Scottish police officer has warned.

Ian Dickinson, who leads the police response to chemical, biological and nuclear threats in Scotland, has painted the bleakest picture yet of the dangers the world now faces.

Efforts to prevent terrorist groups from obtaining materials that could be made into radioactive dirty bombs - or even crude nuclear explosives - are bound to fail,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have to agree with the assertions of this police officer. If the West continues with it's current policy's the end result IMO will be that of some sort of nuclear event perpetrated by terrorists. I also think that Europe would be the target of such a attack.

www.sundayherald .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
that guy needs a job with homeland security

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

...last count, in the U.S. -- missing nukes, that is treasonous to Bush and co. and they should be held more then accountable. These are neo-Nazis w/ terror oil/partner friends. I don't like the sound of this, plus, from some 'prediction' video, I saw a whole thing about more Euro terror campaigns.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Based on past history, Terrorist would explode a nuclear device, if they had one, regardless of the fact that the USA is in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So, the fact that the USA has declared war on terrorists is not the reason that they would detonate a nuclear device! They would detonate one simply because that is what they do, create terror.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BugZyZuncle

Yeah, that's logical if you don't understand that terrorism is reactionary, not mindless, random, and definitely not an initial course of action. Political/social sciences in, Diehard with a vengeance out.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BugZyZuncle
Based on past history, Terrorist would explode a nuclear device, if they had one, regardless of the fact that the USA is in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So, the fact that the USA has declared war on terrorists is not the reason that they would detonate a nuclear device! They would detonate one simply because that is what they do, create terror.

I think youre needed at the Sean Hannity forum. You can find it at hannity.com

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

We have to quit thinking alike......it's uncanny.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BugZyZuncle

yes past history,you shall reap what you have sown.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

imho . . .

such assertions . . . from various high ranking folks in the USA and now Scotland . . .

indicate, to me,

that the puppet masters have

1. briefed them

or

2. said enough that the astute ones read between the lines

or

3. briefed them and ordered them to periodically pepper the populace in order to maximize fearsome anticipation of the future . . . in order to maximize the benefit of terror toward coercing the world's citizens into the global government of tyrany.

I suppose it is possible that such folks reading all the evidence in the public domain plus whatever in their personal pervue . . . could end up concluding the same thing logically.

But it seems to me that such comments just don't ring like that was the derivation of such conclusions. Maybe I'm reading too much into it--but they SOUND like they are in the know at some level to some degree.

Would be nice to be wrong on this one.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm not one that believes that terrorists wants to attack us because of our freedoms, you know the freedoms we are losing almost everyday.

This will be a cause/effect thing, they will attack us because of actions we have taken.

We will reap what we sow.

Is it just fear mongering in a attempt to scare the population? might be I don't know.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
They will attack us because it’s the next preplanned step toward a one world government. Particularly here in the USA, people aren’t going to just give up what’s left of our freedom, we’re going to have to be beaten down first, which probably includes being made cold, hungry and terrified.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
What I get from the statement is that maybe this guy knows more than what he is saying.

In the very least, perhaps there has been many thwarted attempts already that only they know about.

IMO, this guy could be saying, based on what they have previously uncovered or prevented, a nuclear attack is going to happen because they can't catch them all.

Food for thought

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

They have to make us want the NWO. We will accept it out of utter fear and chaos. The time is near.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'll be blunt. I will look no further than Washington DC when such an attack comes. Either they instigated the hell out of it or did it themselves.

No one is after us because of our freedoms, that's such BS. Its offensive and its a regular bumpersticker now.

No one wants us to become Muslims, all of us...
Everytime i hear that my intelligence is insulted to the max.

Well, it just keeps going and going and people continue to beleive such nonsense. Its just not real.

Its all an illusion, that's all...and a bad one at that.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'm not a top police officer and I could have said the same thing. the reality is that we all know you can't stop a nuclear attack. No matter how you do it, if someone wants to do it they will. closing borders, military or anything else, it's really hard to stop a nuclear bomb from exploding. people have been saying this for 50 years, anyone see terminator 3?

To add. they don't even have to come into the US to kill us. they could detonate the bomb in Mexico, over the border and the full blast would hit us.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by jedimiller]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Who's the real terrorist here?

The invisible nuke carrying people, or the guy Dickinson who's spreading fear and terror with his article...

IMHO this is BS and is just another example of trying to scare the population into submission...

I don't even think suitcase nuke bombs are possible...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
not only possible but a couple 'sold' from russia...(they already have nukes)....but like dg said, good chance black ops will have something to do with it....

They have to make us want the NWO. We will accept it out of utter fear and chaos. The time is near.
....u got that right........GB

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BugZyZuncle

lol so what, do you think that The Terr'ists just suddenly thought - "hmm i know what might be a good idea! let's randomly go and hurt some countries with terror attacks!!"

or is it more likely that they thought - "hmm there's this large imperialist country killing our families, taking over our region and laughing about it... maybe we should do something about that?"

Anyway I don't know if suitcase nukes or equivalent actually exist or not, but if they do and there's one headed for Europe, that is extremely worrying, especially as the UK would be an obvious possible target.

Then on the other hand I guess you have to look at the possibility of this just being another step in a plan to take more or our freedoms away or whatever.

But what can we do about this? We can either let our freedoms be revoked or we could not, in which case we could suffer more terrorist attacks (orchestrated by whoever, that doesn't matter) resulting in a big "we told you so" from National Security. Either way, the government ends up with total control over the country.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I don't know what message this police officer is trying to impart. It's confusing. Bear in mind though that he's a Scottish officer and reports to the nationalist Scottish Government. If anything his depressing thoughts are more likely to drive Scots into the pro independence camp and not into the hands of PM Gordon Brown.

His message is nothing new though. There's radioactive sources all over the place, hospitals, research labs & in industry. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make a dirty bomb. But it would probably take a good scientist to create a crude nuclear weapon. And no doubt there's plenty of them around prepared to sell their skills to the highest bidder. With sufficient $$ anything is possible.

But if it ever happens I doubt it's Scotland that'll be the target. More likely London or NYC/Washington DC. God forbid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join