It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonel Corso debunked on History Channel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord XIII
He claimed to have guarded the dead corpses, and then ended up being in charge of the program, by coincidence? Pure BS.

I too thought it was a remarkable coincidence. I don't believe everything in Corso's book. But I'm not ready to say he made it all up.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord XIII

This is my first post here on ATS, but I have been a lurker for about 1 1/2 years. I consider myself an amatuer UFOlogist, for about 20 years.

Very cool. We are lucky to have your 20 years of experience/knowledge while discussing this incredible topic. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I think Corso was a decent guy, maybe with age he got his facts a little distorted... but I believe he had seen alien bodies, and knew of the reality of the Roswell crash. Does anybody know the first time he went public with his information? Was it before or after his book? Good book, by the way...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hi everyone! I watched this today as well. I'm not sure what to make of his claim. What I do know is that my grandfather used to wake up and milk the cow before walking a few miles to school. I'm not saying that we aren't brilliant and creative beings, but how on earth has so much changed in such a short period of time??

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I never watched the program. However, Art Bell interviewed him 1997-07-23 for a full four hour show. The man seemed credible to me. He seems to have very detailed knowledge and for his age, comes across sharp as a filet knife.
Do I buy it? Not sworn to his story, but gonna take more than History Channel for me to label him hoax. Regardless, he does a damn good job in this interview and keeps ya into it.
As to why now. His General passed on, and he knew his day was soon approaching. Not uncommon at all for him to seek some peace before he goes.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't know about Corso. The items he claimed was developed by private business through the seeding of Alien technology is pretty mundane. The items he is talking about mostly were developed over years, documentation trial and error, etc, you know the usual stuff that happens when engineering new tech.

I'm surprised Corso didn't try to tie in the monofilement light-bulb from alien tech as well. A bit before his time I guess (lol) but had the light bulb come about in his life it would have made it into his book, lol.

But, on the flip side, perhaps it is all true, Maybe the tech was so high tech, it was damn near magic to us. All we could do was wonder how it worked and what it really did or what it's true purpose was. Maybe just the thought process seeded by alien technology is what gave some engineers different paths to try, different ways of thinking? Maybe the stuff that was engeeneered from Corso's seeding in the end resembled the function of the original piece very little, but because the artifacts served as a thought catalyst to a few would be hackers of the day we have cool stuff now. This has to be taken on faith and a desire to believe though. I have little faith, but do have desire to believe.

Who knows? But one thing is for certain, you have to swallow the Roswell load in order to even consider this man's claims, and that laod is getting harder to swallow every day for some.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hmmmm whom to believe? A retired military man who didn't want to take one of the biggest secrets this world has ever seen to his grave OR a government controlled mass media propaganda channel?

Tough decision!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

another example of TPTB telling everyone how to think

ah, the power of TV

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Corso debunked? Yeah right...

[edit on 29-7-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You may want to take a look at the video taken by Paula Harris of Corso not long before he died , quite interesting...
at about the 15 min point.

From the Exopolitics 2009 summit in spain .

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Date: 21 Jul 2003
Time: 08:58:40

I agree with the comments, that the Corso book, and perhaps some of the
testimony is suspect. The initial interest that caused the earliest interview,
quite a number of years ago, was the early UFO presence, its assessment by military as alien, the crash and recovery of equipment and bodies, and efforts to back engineer. He provided some positive details for those events, confirmed by other military sources at different times. I cannot validate other claims, as I don't have that data from him or confirmed by other sources.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Philip Corso – His Book Is Full of Space Bunk
James Oberg // August 27, 2001
[originally a posting on UFO Updates]

A few weeks ago I referred to the glaring errors in Corso's accounts of space technology and history, as one reason that people familiar with the subject dismissed his whole book as wild ravings for the ignorant. Somebody asked me for examples, and last week I had a chance to look the book over again. I'll post a long discussion here, if people are still interested. Here's the highlights:

The mistakes range from a first-person account of how he co-opted a NASA satellite program named 'Discoverer' to secretly emplace a CIA spy camera on board, to his discussions of ET hostile interference in US manned space missions, to discussions of the experiences of WW2 Nazi missile scientists, etc. etc.

The 'Discoverer' episode is pure fantasy, since the project was from the start a USAF effort to carry the space spy camera (he claims it was a NASA project which he personally took over – a claim totally inconsistent with every other document, memoir, and historical analysis on that project in the last forty years). The spy camera wasn't an afterthought, and Corso's boasts notwithstanding, nothing he states about the technology is remotely true. As to ET interference, that's 'National Enquirer' type stuff, no event -- not one -- has ever been established, and even men such as Edgar Mitchell and Gordon Cooper testify that no such events ever occurred.

Particularly offensive was Corso's assertion that Willy Ley was one of the Nazi V-2 war criminals who was exploited by US intelligence after the war. Ley was in fact a German Jew who fled Hitler's Germany in the 1930s and spent the war in exile in the US while his friends and relatives were being slaughtered by the Nazis. For Corso to accuse him of being an accomplice of the Nazis is not just a careless stupid error, it's what some people call a 'blood libel', but is typical of the integrity and reliability of Corso's material -- zilch.

Anybody surprised or disappointed -- or not in agreement?

====

124-125: "From the very beginning of our endeavors to put satellites into orbit, the extraterrestrials have been surveilling and then actively interfering with our launch vehicles and in some cases the manned and unmanned payloads themselves by buzzing them, jamming radio transmissions, causing electrical problems with the spacecrafts' systems, or causing mechanical malfunctions. American astronauts and Soviet cosmonauts have separately reported sightings of UFOs so routinely that it's become commonplace. The audio/video transmission downlink between space capsules and NASA, however, is secure scrambled signal so that commentary about UFOs shadowing the spacecraft can't be picked up by private listeners. Even then, the astronauts are specifically instructed not to report UFO sightings until they are debriefed once they've landed."

JimO: Edgar Mitchell and Gordon Cooper deny this, as does every other astronaut, flight controller, and scientist involved with these missions.

126: "They didn't just shadow or surveil our spacecraft in orbit; they buzzed us and tried to create such havoc with our communications systems that NASA more than once had to rethink astronaut safety in the Mercury and Gemini programs."

JimO: Nobody at NASA seems to know anything about this.

129: " NASA [was] keeping [the Hillenkoetter working group] updated on every single alien spacecraft appearance the astronauts reported, especially during the early series of Apollo flights when the EBE craft began buzzing the lunar modules on successive missions after they thrusted out of earth orbit. . . . And the army and air force managed to find at least 122 photos taken by astronauts on the moon that showed some evidence of an alien presence."

Any examples, aside from Richard Hoagland’s looney site?

156-157: "The EBEs . . . tried to scare us away from the moon and their own base there more times than even I know. They buzzed our ships, interfered with our communications, and sought to threaten us with their physical presence."

JimO: And the evidence for this is from where?

268: "They had tried to disrupt our space program for years -- Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, and even the space shuttle. They buzzed our capsules traveling through space, interfered with our transmissions, and pulsed us with EMP bursts. . . ."

JimO: No evidence ever provided.

264-265: "SAINT was an orbital UFO inspector satellite, a version of a standard Agenda B satellite that the CIA had been using. . . . Its job was surveillance. Find a potential enemy satellite or UFO lurking in orbit and lock on to it with a TV camera and with radar. Once the lock was in place, Blue Gemini, the 'killer' satellite, would move in [Blue Gemini was the military version of NASA's manned Gemini capsule]. . . . Both of these weapons, under the cover of other missions, of course, were eventually deployed, and today they form one of the lines of defense in an antimissile and anti-UFO surveillance system. Saint and Blue Gemini were important first steps in our war against the UFOs."

JimO: There’s not a shred of historical evidence, memoir, or testimony that either of these projects reached the flight stage – all historical evidence is that they were ‘paper studies’ that were cancelled.

On page 268, he discusses "our space-based high-energy lasers", which he claims were launched and tested. "When we deployed our advanced particle-beam weapon and tested it in orbit for all to see, the EBEs knew and we knew they knew that we had our defense of the planet in place."

JimO: The claim that there is some sort of invisible chain of manned space forts now in orbit to defend against UFOs has no factual basis and is inconsistent with everything that is documented about the space shuttle and other space programs.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Philip Corso – His Book Is Full of Space Bunk
James Oberg // August 27, 2001
[originally a posting on UFO Updates]

A few weeks ago I referred to the glaring errors in Corso's accounts of space technology and history, as one reason that people familiar with the subject dismissed his whole book as wild ravings for the ignorant. Somebody asked me for examples, and last week I had a chance to look the book over again. I'll post a long discussion here, if people are still interested. Here's the highlights:

The mistakes range from a first-person account of how he co-opted a NASA satellite program named 'Discoverer' to secretly emplace a CIA spy camera on board, to his discussions of ET hostile interference in US manned space missions, to discussions of the experiences of WW2 Nazi missile scientists, etc. etc.

The 'Discoverer' episode is pure fantasy, since the project was from the start a USAF effort to carry the space spy camera (he claims it was a NASA project which he personally took over – a claim totally inconsistent with every other document, memoir, and historical analysis on that project in the last forty years). The spy camera wasn't an afterthought, and Corso's boasts notwithstanding, nothing he states about the technology is remotely true. As to ET interference, that's 'National Enquirer' type stuff, no event -- not one -- has ever been established, and even men such as Edgar Mitchell and Gordon Cooper testify that no such events ever occurred.

Particularly offensive was Corso's assertion that Willy Ley was one of the Nazi V-2 war criminals who was exploited by US intelligence after the war. Ley was in fact a German Jew who fled Hitler's Germany in the 1930s and spent the war in exile in the US while his friends and relatives were being slaughtered by the Nazis. For Corso to accuse him of being an accomplice of the Nazis is not just a careless stupid error, it's what some people call a 'blood libel', but is typical of the integrity and reliability of Corso's material -- zilch.

Anybody surprised or disappointed -- or not in agreement?

====

124-125: "From the very beginning of our endeavors to put satellites into orbit, the extraterrestrials have been surveilling and then actively interfering with our launch vehicles and in some cases the manned and unmanned payloads themselves by buzzing them, jamming radio transmissions, causing electrical problems with the spacecrafts' systems, or causing mechanical malfunctions. American astronauts and Soviet cosmonauts have separately reported sightings of UFOs so routinely that it's become commonplace. The audio/video transmission downlink between space capsules and NASA, however, is secure scrambled signal so that commentary about UFOs shadowing the spacecraft can't be picked up by private listeners. Even then, the astronauts are specifically instructed not to report UFO sightings until they are debriefed once they've landed."

JimO: Edgar Mitchell and Gordon Cooper deny this, as does every other astronaut, flight controller, and scientist involved with these missions.

126: "They didn't just shadow or surveil our spacecraft in orbit; they buzzed us and tried to create such havoc with our communications systems that NASA more than once had to rethink astronaut safety in the Mercury and Gemini programs."

JimO: Nobody at NASA seems to know anything about this.

129: " NASA [was] keeping [the Hillenkoetter working group] updated on every single alien spacecraft appearance the astronauts reported, especially during the early series of Apollo flights when the EBE craft began buzzing the lunar modules on successive missions after they thrusted out of earth orbit. . . . And the army and air force managed to find at least 122 photos taken by astronauts on the moon that showed some evidence of an alien presence."

Any examples, aside from Richard Hoagland’s looney site?

156-157: "The EBEs . . . tried to scare us away from the moon and their own base there more times than even I know. They buzzed our ships, interfered with our communications, and sought to threaten us with their physical presence."

JimO: And the evidence for this is from where?

268: "They had tried to disrupt our space program for years -- Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, and even the space shuttle. They buzzed our capsules traveling through space, interfered with our transmissions, and pulsed us with EMP bursts. . . ."

JimO: No evidence ever provided.

264-265: "SAINT was an orbital UFO inspector satellite, a version of a standard Agenda B satellite that the CIA had been using. . . . Its job was surveillance. Find a potential enemy satellite or UFO lurking in orbit and lock on to it with a TV camera and with radar. Once the lock was in place, Blue Gemini, the 'killer' satellite, would move in [Blue Gemini was the military version of NASA's manned Gemini capsule]. . . . Both of these weapons, under the cover of other missions, of course, were eventually deployed, and today they form one of the lines of defense in an antimissile and anti-UFO surveillance system. Saint and Blue Gemini were important first steps in our war against the UFOs."

JimO: There’s not a shred of historical evidence, memoir, or testimony that either of these projects reached the flight stage – all historical evidence is that they were ‘paper studies’ that were cancelled.

On page 268, he discusses "our space-based high-energy lasers", which he claims were launched and tested. "When we deployed our advanced particle-beam weapon and tested it in orbit for all to see, the EBEs knew and we knew they knew that we had our defense of the planet in place."

JimO: The claim that there is some sort of invisible chain of manned space forts now in orbit to defend against UFOs has no factual basis and is inconsistent with everything that is documented about the space shuttle and other space programs.

LOL...JimO:" Nobody at NASA seems to know anything about this. "

NASA = Never A Straight Answer

Jim O debunk O....

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I'm trying to look at this without immediately dismissing it or jumping to conclusions. I tend to debunk and get ahead of myself, and I know that just by past stuff I've dismissed out of hand, without giving the other side its proper due.

So Ill just put this up for consideration. Tom Delonge said in the C2C podcast I think, when asked if any modern day UFO mythos is true, he said, "Corso, but not his book only the notes."

When I search the notes, which I think is linked in this OP. I'm not finding much of anything related to the accounts you are presenting.

So Im going to posit an idea, lets say he did have some inside information, and whoever he used to work with, got wind of it, made him an ultimatum he could release his notes, but only if he follows it up with a boatload of disinformation afterwards?

I guess what Im asking is, is there anything in Corso's claims that you think might be based in fact. Or that isn't directed contradicted? And most importantly, is there a difference between the releases, which came first and which came later, or rather which was written first (not sure when the notes were released).
edit on 13-4-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho...
I guess what Im asking is, is there anything in Corso's claims that you think might be based in fact. Or that isn't directed contradicted? And most importantly, is there a difference between the releases, which came first and which came later, or rather which was written first (not sure when the notes were released).

Interesting hypothesis, but I haven't had the time to follow that trail, I was just judging from the published book.

Doesn't that hypothesis just explain ANYTHING, and hence is unfalsifiable? That doesn't mean it can't be true, just that it is useless in selecting among alternative explanations.

Isn't it equally likely he was an old man recounting mutated memories of imaginary stories of past glories of how he had saved the human race?

If anything could be a mask in a mask in a mask, where can we start?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join