It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonel Corso debunked on History Channel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Showing now on History Channel, "Day after Roswell"

The entire show basically as always was one-sided. It debunks and disputes every claim made by Colonel Corso.

I dont know what to think about the man now but I dont trust the History channel to be impartial to the subect.

What do you all think, did Corso run a project to help seed alien technology into our industry ?

Link to the show in case you missed it...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-11-2007 by admriker444]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I saw this awhile back. I watched it with a friend of mine who I used to tell the Corso story to. So now whenever Corso's name comes up he automatically thinks it's one big hoax because "History channel debunked him." lol... oh well...

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So why should anyone believe his story when he presents no evidence other than his military credentials (which were also exaggerated)?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'd believe Corso over The History Channel any day of the week. He is absolutely consistent.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I saw this awhile back. I watched it with a friend of mine who I used to tell the Corso story to. So now whenever Corso's name comes up he automatically thinks it's one big hoax because "History channel debunked him." lol... oh well...

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Diplomat]

Shows again how the media influences people...accurate reporting requires all sides to voice an opinion equally, instead of focusing on one side of the story.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Shows again how the media influences people...accurate reporting requires all sides to voice an opinion equally, instead of focusing on one side of the story.

True, but technically, if you could successfully prove to everyone that an actual team of humans discovered and invented one of the technologies that Corso claims was given to us by Aliens, then you wouldn't really need anything more than that right? The History Channel did make a good case, but they didn't really prove anything.

I don't know about Corso. When I first read the book, no one could have told me otherwise, but nowadays I am not sure how much of his story I believe...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
They've been running UFO programming all day long, most of which favoring the "believer" side of things. So I don't know how History is getting this wrap of being a debunker's mouthpiece.

I've been watching on/off all afternoon, but the only debunking I saw was during the Corso program. And it wasn't a program debunking him, per se. First half was explaining and interviewing people supporting his claims, the second half from the scientific community refuting it. Seemed like a balanced program to me. Was there some previous Corso program made before this one?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The History channel is not impartial ! I have never seen a single documentary they have done on UFOs where they didn't try to debunk the phenomenon. That's the side the History channel always takes. They're like the damn Skeptical Enquirer of TV. They flippantly dismiss every UFO claim with some childish and idiotic explanation. So anything you see on that channel related to UFOs you can just dismiss.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Elhardt]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elhardt
The History channel is not impartial ! I have never seen a single documentary they have done on UFOs where they didn't try to debunk the phenomenon. That's the side the History channel always takes. They're like the damn Skeptical Enquirer of TV. They flippantly dismiss every UFO claim with some childish and idiotic explanation. So anything you see on that channel related to UFOs you can just dismiss.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Elhardt]

I don't know. Immediately following the Corso piece was a piece regarding airline pilots and their sightings. They presented the evidence, including radar tracking and the voice recordings between the pilots and air traffic control. All in all, the show seemed very open to the claims. IMHO, of course.

[edit on 11/25/2007 by JeepGal]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JeepGal

JeepGal,
Welcome to ATS..yes, I agree the one showing previously not heard conversations involving pilots was very good. I know several pilots and asked if they had ever seen anything strange. All said yes.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome BlackProjects. (I see that I actually regisitered a month before you but clearly, I'm much less talkative... )

This isn't the first time I've seen the History channel do an all-day UFO block but I had not seen the pilot episode. As for Corso, I wonder why a man of his age would come out with all the claims he made risking ridicule? Based on the documentary, his original military record stands up to scrutiny. I know very little about the man's story. But I do find it interesting that Stanton Friedman seems almost delighted to attempt to discredit him. I wonder why?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am an engineer and have also read Corso's book. Yes the technologies mentioned did come about rather quickly. I really am not sure about him.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Elhardt

That's simply not true. MANY History Channel UFO programs are very positive. There was a series of Alien Engineering shows, for example, that went into depth on what would be required, given what has been observed, for UFOs to work. There were at least two pilot conversation programs where an objective observer would have to say, "UFOs are real, if not completely proven." Even the Corso show is 50/50. To be objective means to show both sides, but to believers, any negative evidence at all is cause to attack the skeptics. This says more about the believers than it does about the shows or the skeptics.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

What do you all think, did Corso run a project to help seed alien technology into our industry ?

I think Corso might really believe he did. Maybe he was being manipulated by the intelligence community so that he would believe that (and speak out about it) and then they could discredit him later to add more doubt to the UFO phenom. While there were alot of nice inventions during the 1960s I don't think any of it needed to be "reverse engineered" from aliens. Corso was only a Lt Col in the army and it's not a stretch to think that he may have been fed some disinformation.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
as someone who knows it's real personally, I tend to not trust anything other than my own UFO experiences. It's hard to say who's telling the truth, who's in it for money and cult status because they are convincing storytellers, and who's disinfo from the gov't... although some ring truer than others, and I can make decent assesments of ufo/contactee claims based on logic and intuition.

All I know 100% is that the truth is pretty strange, cool, scary, and hopeful all at the same time... but even I know very little of it. Just enought to make the status quo sense of reality go belly up.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
use your intuition about those history channel docs.... you can smell a rat. some are presented so cheesily, it's made to make people snuff at it and change the channel. I've rarely seen a serious look at the subject to come out of that channel. Utterly rediculous, and they are the ultimate confusion and disinfo outlet.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeepGal As for Corso, I wonder why a man of his age would come out with all the claims he made risking ridicule?

For attention, fame and money (or he's just mentally deranged) -- just like all the other quacks that fabricate lies about aliens and conspiracy theories.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This is my first post here on ATS, but I have been a lurker for about 1 1/2 years. I consider myself an amatuer UFOlogist, for about 20 years.

Corso I believe is a fraud because in hiis book he claims the Santilli film pics are the aliens he actually saw.

He claimed to have guarded the dead corpses, and then ended up being in charge of the program, by coincidence? Pure BS.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have never heard of Corso, but I know without a doubt that the History channel is completely loaded with B.S. Yes they have entertaining shows, but many are grossly factually inaccurate. Unfortunately because many people automatically think that anything on TV must be true.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
easy to debunk a dead man

top topics

<<   2 >>

join