It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a terrorist website?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Is this a terrorist website? And anyone who knows arabic please translate.

If it is a website owned by a terrorist organization, should I report it to the CIA?

militant.ning.com...

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Dan5647]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Im at work, a bit scared to click on the link..

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

I clicked on it... I am definitely on some kind of watchlist now, if I wasn't before.

It looks to me like some kind of Arabic language version of Myspace, or some other type of social networking site. Don't know much about who you could tell about it. I guess if you are concerned about it you could forward it to the FBI.

It does kind of make you uneasy if you can't understand the message.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I took a look at it...It is weird for sure. I used Word Translation program to translate it...It is a rough translation. (I translated the top left hand corner Arabic writing on the page)...

....[nshr]ی[h] [m]ی[l]ی[taant] related in him گ[raa]ی[sh] ی[aa] [saazmaan] and party of party [xaaS]ی [nm]ی in intensified. [aa]ی[n] [nshr]ی[h] chief revolves opposite گ[raa]ی[shaat] reform of request and [saantr]ی[st] [jnbsh] [daanshjw]یی defense revolves buzzed [nDHr]ی[aat] [raad]یک[aal] [sws]ی[aal]ی[st]ی [aa]ی[jaad] [m]ی گ[rdd]

This is exactly what I got...I need someone to help me sort this out or give a better translation....

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'll give you some advice after an 'incident' happened with a colleague at work some time ago.

Don't go on the website or try to translate it if you COULD be classed as sympathetic - same race, place of birth, religion... okay. Now thats cleared up...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is what I got in using Google Translation for the upper right corner of the page.

Militant brochure on the گرايش you Sazman Party and brought the strongest characteristic. [aa]ی[n] [nshr]ی[h] chief revolves opposite گ[raa]ی[shaat] reform of request and [saantr]ی[st] [jnbsh] [daanshjw]یی defense revolves buzzed [nDHr]ی[aat] [raad]یک[aal] [sws]ی[aal]ی[st]ی [aa]ی[jaad] [m]ی گ[rdd] Where Brochure Office der compared گرايشات reform and asked Santryst Melli Daneshgueye der ag defense theories راديکال Sossialistai find Mei Where Brochure Office der compared گرايشات reform and asked Santryst Melli Daneshgueye der ag defense theories راديکال Sossialistai find Mei گردد Where Brochure Office der compared گرايشات reform and asked Santryst Melli Daneshgueye der ag defense theories راديکال Sossialistai find Mei

So it is a brochure for the "Sazman Party". Anyone know what that is?

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Dan5647] Translated missing words

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Dan5647]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
How did you come across it?

You better not be a terrorist.........I sure wouldn't wanna see a terrorist surfing on ATS!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

I have 3 social networks on ning.com

I tried looking for my own networks in the list and came across this.

I never realized that terrorists would use our own technology against us.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Did a search and came up with the following ( Wiki )

Sazman Party

Afghanistan Liberation Party

This is just one of many with Sazman Party involvement.

I hit one link which gave a complete listing of all the 'Leftist' organizations current and past. Didn't realize there were so many.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i was kinda nervous to watch the videos but did and all i got was about 3 seconds of arabic words or somthing. that whole site looks suspicious, especially since the main word is millitant and you dont know what they are writting

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just in case, I reported the website to FBI.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Calm down people, remember that if that web site was indeed a terrorist site or terrorist enough for our government monitored web, you will not be able to link to it.

Freedom in our nation is only in the eye of the beholder and for the consumption of the citizens that is still believing that we have such freedoms after all.

So is nothing but a friendly web site.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

So you are monitoring everybody around including web sites and then notifying the FBI? I think is home land security the one to call in.

Tell me are you also monitoring ATS?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

No I'm not monitoring anything. I just happened to stumble upon that website while browsing through a list on ning.com. I was mainly looking for my own social networks I created but curiosity took me to look at one that said "militant". I thought "no way could there be a terrorist forum on ning". But who knows, it doesn't hurt notifying the right authorities about a possible terrorist site.

If the site was unknown to the FBI or CIA, then it wouldn't be blocked.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

You posted that you do not understand the language so how did you know could be terrorist.

And what do you consider terrorist anyway?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think foreign / arabic language is what made him think that it could be a terrorist website, lol...

[edit on 26-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Well most terrorists are Muslim. And by looking at the pictures with the people wearing headscarfs on their faces like terrorists would, you would think it is terror related. Also the word "militant" appears to be the title of the forum.

And if it's in a foreign language, why are you backing it up? They probably don't even live in this country, so it's not "invading their freedoms".

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So you use profiling to decided if a person or site is or could be terrorist without even understanding what they have posted in their site.

I have to give it to you but the propaganda machine against Islam, muslin and anything Arab is working like magic.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This site is, it would appear, nothing more than a social networking site for people with a counter-culture slant -- a Facebook for militants? Terrorists?

I don't read Arabic but I would surmise that there is nothing obvious that one could point to that would be revealing about terrorism. Of course, there might be codes but I wouldn't know about that.

It's my guess that it's just some Arabic guy trying to come across as terrorist/chic much like a lot of white, suburban kids try to come across as "gangstas" on Facebook.

My take is that this site is innocuous. It's harmless unless, of course, I could get a translation. Who knows what my take on this site would be then!

As far as reporting this site to the FBI? I have a feeling that the Feds already know about this site and probably countless others like it. Still, an interesting find.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

OK so what harm did I do to them by reporting it a possible terrorist website to the FBI?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join