It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the U.S. military be unstoppable?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
ive heard china has ammased 3 hydrogen bombs and a few dozen nukes and a-bombs

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thank Bill Clinton for the U.S. Military going down-hill. He cut Military spending, and shut down so many bases. I must admit though, if it came down to it, and we became really desperate, we'd pull out whatever it is that we have up our sleeves right now, and it wouldn't be pretty. I know we have things that no one can even imagine right now, but we would never use these unless it was our last option.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Isn't the U.S. military spread thin right now? I've heard talk of making national guard troops going over seas to reinforce our troops in various parts of the world.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yeah as a matter of fact they are. This is due to many factors, including the cut on military spending, which included the pay for military personnel. I've been over-seas to Germany and stayed on various bases, including Air Force bases my Uncle was once stationed at. Half of them are now closed.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hahahahaha, it is still sad. "well, if everyone allied against the USA USA would lose." Yeah, if everyone allied, hahahaha! USA is a beast, it will beat any country one on one.

And guess what? We don't really need ground forces. That is why we have satilittes, spy drones, stealth fighters, and some secret planes the gov. doesn't even say exist. Wow, you have large army, wow, we have a laser guided bomb we can use to decide which window of your leaders house we want to break.

But China, well, more in their army than America has in their country, but guess what? The AF and Navy would destroy the chinese AF and Navy, this leading to no support for the army. The army would hurt say, Russia if they invaded, but sooner or later winter, allies, and lack of supplies(doubt china can make enough supplies to keep army going) would end them.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
ive been seeing recruiters at subway stations in NYC (i live there) and new recruitment centers opened up in Queens NY....isnt that something??? theyre sooo desperate theyre looking for hobos to join the army (hoboes live in subway stations)

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
umm chinas navy sucks but theyre army and AF is good enuff to wipe out the the USA's army yet alone take on russia itself

ASIAN PRIDE!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
the US does rule by fear...just look at all the MIRVs (lol, I think that's what they're called...those things with like 3 or 4 nuclear warheads) we have enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world 4 or 5 times idk about anyone else but if there was a country that could destroy the WORLD, I sure wouldn't mess with them...unless of course...but that's another story hehehe

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by UnknownOrigins]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
i have enuff nukes in my backyard to create a black hole plus a few hydrogen bombs......china supplied me with them just in case any1 messes with me...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
i have enuff nukes in my backyard to create a black hole plus a few hydrogen bombs......china supplied me with them just in case any1 messes with me...

hehehe....good idea

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
i think the bully that lives nextdoor is on my list of people to nuke

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Nothing is Unstoppable. The one weakness we seem to have is Surprise. A few well placed small nuclear warheads on the West Coast or East Coast near Navy Bases and/or Docks could shut down any oil transportation, mass hysteria, and the fact the economy would flat line. You would just need a few small nuclear warheads or even a big enough surprise attack to flat line the economy and you would win over the US, for a time at least. You would probably be blasted into the stone age for such a thing too.

But, the destruction of the United States would be followed be a great ripple of economic flat line throughout the world, and the destruction of any countries that were joined in the Operation, or thought to be, on the attack of the US.

Technically, the United States it stoppable. But in all reallity, it's such a stupid thing to even attempt it. It wouldn't be worth it to take over the United States, only when our economy was no longer needed would it be worth, which, I don't see happening for quite sometime.

Also, by unstoppable to you mean able to take over without any counter-attack? That would be the almost impossible thing to do. If you mean unstoppable as in can't be hurt, big no on that one.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I sort of see the U.S. military as that invincible force with no match. Attitudes aside, our weaponry and technology is life-defining stuff. The best army, best air force, best navy. Even though we are a much smaller force, we can be more lethal in some ways. Our high-tech battletanks are like machines that can kill with absolute knowledge. Our soldiers are becoming near-perfect as well. Our aircraft can cause catastrpohic damage, and so can our navy. And who knows what else we've got up our sleeves. There are countless military programs that are classified.

Give it a few years and we'll be like the SkyNET army of machines.

Any thoughts?

I just need to know are you actually serious with this opinion?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
if the us military is unstoppable then y didnt u go and take iraq and afganistan by urselfs instead of getting britain 2 go along wi ues
also every1s military seems sorta desperate right now i mean recruitment wise

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crash
Aint the US forces (Certain special divisions) Trained by the British SAS and others such as SBS?

All allied special forces units train together. All paratroopers have the opportunity to earn jump wings from allied military forces. We all train together to ensure that when we have to fight together, we'll be able do so more efficiently, and with greater results.

On the invincibility of American forces:

As soon as we believe we are invincible, we will be defeated. People make the mistake in believing that victory in battle is always determined by greater technology or greater numbers. We can generally assume that is true, but history tells us that there are intangible factors at work in war.

The effects of the human spirit on the outcome of battle cannot be denied. In the revolutionary war, the colonists defeated a greatly superior force with much greater numbers. Of course they all lined up in the open, and we used guerilla tactics, but what really won that war was our great desire to be free.

In Vietnam, they just wouldn't quit. They just kept coming. And even though 2 million of them died, America did not achieve decisive victory.

Historical accounts in the bible show us that mere religious zealotry compelled inferior armies to victory. But they also used excellent espionage tactics and surprise to gain initiative. And then there's God. He might have had something to do with it.

Anyway, the French and Indians always attack at dawn, so wake up and get in your hole!

DeltaChaos

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
ive been seeing recruiters at subway stations in NYC (i live there) and new recruitment centers opened up in Queens NY....isnt that something??? theyre sooo desperate theyre looking for hobos to join the army (hoboes live in subway stations)

Yeah, but poor young people (who make up most of the enlisted ranks) ride the subway!

DC

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
We could have went to Afghanistan and Iraq by ourselves, devilwasp. It was just a matter of getting people to feel better about it being there with allies, it would not have been a problem for us to have went there by ourselves military wise, politcal wise it would have.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I sort of see the U.S. military as that invincible force with no match. Attitudes aside, our weaponry and technology is life-defining stuff. The best army, best air force, best navy. Even though we are a much smaller force, we can be more lethal in some ways. Our high-tech battletanks are like machines that can kill with absolute knowledge. Our soldiers are becoming near-perfect as well. Our aircraft can cause catastrpohic damage, and so can our navy. And who knows what else we've got up our sleeves. There are countless military programs that are classified.

Give it a few years and we'll be like the SkyNET army of machines.

Any thoughts?

The US armed forces will never be unstoppable. Humans are the fatal flaw in all things they associate with.

Heh. This is kind of an odd statement. Seeing as how much trouble we are having in Iraq...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The USA can easily now stop any enemy movable aircraft, ship or vehicle. Pretty much push-button guaranteed destruction on the first or second shot.

If they are seen and tracked, they are toast.

The USA cannot stop zillions of individual people with force, nor change their minds.

The USA could have 'won' militarily in Vietnam with a huge invasion of North Vietnam. they didn't want to do that because

(1) Chinese may intervene
(2) OK supposing they won; now how would they succesfully occupy that country?

Iraq is a big problem, but still alot easier than trying to occupy Vietnam when the enemy was being supplied by enemy superpowers (USSR & China). And the Vietnamese people didn't have a Saddam they despised.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
President Lyndon Johnson was why we "failed" in Vietnam. He attempted to command the military from the White House War Room, instead of doing what he was supposed to and should have done, which is let the Military Commanders do THEIR damn job! We ended up bombing emtpy Jungle Forests instead of Enemy Headquarters and Bases. Johnson is the biggest A** since Lord knows who, Case Closed.

[Edited on 2-28-2004 by TheAgentNineteen]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join