It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the U.S. military be unstoppable?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I sort of see the U.S. military as that invincible force with no match. Attitudes aside, our weaponry and technology is life-defining stuff. The best army, best air force, best navy. Even though we are a much smaller force, we can be more lethal in some ways. Our high-tech battletanks are like machines that can kill with absolute knowledge. Our soldiers are becoming near-perfect as well. Our aircraft can cause catastrpohic damage, and so can our navy. And who knows what else we've got up our sleeves. There are countless military programs that are classified.

Give it a few years and we'll be like the SkyNET army of machines.

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Nothing is unstoppable

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, some stuff is unstopable, like try to lick the suns surface?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
yeah man, and im not sayin this just cuz im a patriot, but yeah, i think that were pretty much to the point at unstopable. and, nukes are bad, because nobody wins when we nuke the world a few hundred times (even tho we win there), but our military is vastly superior to all others. if we were to throw our entire force behind it, we could dominate. entirely.

also, the The American Empire has a nice ring to it

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
For any great nation to fall, it must be done so from within before it can from an outside force.

Look at Rome's history.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I got to admit, U.S. military does look pretty unstoppable when fought head on.

But, if non-conventional tactics are used they might be easily defeated.

Right now it may or may not be unstoppable, but sooner or later the money well that is used to provide for the enemy is going to go dry.

One day U.S. is going to be bankrupt and that day the army will be unstoppable.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Rome wasnt defeated by anyone not the barbarians not the turks not the muslims but by themselves Rome basiclly imploded on itself the courption the perversion the orgies drinking wait a min that last one sounded cool.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Aint the US forces (Certain special divisions) Trained by the British SAS and others such as SBS?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You seem to have this illusion that the US is the first power to completely dominate the world....

The British empire laste for a couple of centuries and they were just about unstoppable in their time, there was the arab caliphate in the middle ages, the romans, all through hitory there have been dominant military powers that claimed they were 'unbeatable' only to be proven wrong (or in the case of the British Empire just faded away due to over stretched resources)...

Just you wait the USA will fall from power abd if we're lucky we'll see the day it happens
(insert evil laugh sound here)

oh p.s rome didnt fall to the muslims thats right... mainly because islam came almost 500 years after classical rome fell

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by specialasianX]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Funny aint it

All the Superpowers have linked to eachother in someway or another when one dies out another of that brance/faction takes its place

Rome > Britain > America

And somewhere like china try/dont become next world power

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It has already begun. 50 years ago a country took on the world and lost. I'm not comparing America to Nazi Germany, with the exeption of strength. It took the world to beat Germany. U.S. is strong but if the world went againts them they would lose. And it has started. See the Iraq war and former allies are saying "Um, no."

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
right now i agree that no single country could take on the US head on, but as it was stated, the most important part of our millitary is the national economy - it allows the US to spend more money on the armed forces then the next several countries combined!!!

the moment someone outdoes our economy is the day we loose our edge. I predict a new kind of war in the future...The days of massive wars between great nations may have been at the very least postponed because of the nuke - no one wants nuklear war.

so where are major wars headed? Economic war. China will want to take on the US in the next couple decades, but it won't be able to catch up in millitary tech without leveling the playing field. So I think countries will try to put huge economic sanctions on other nations.

One good part about this for the US is again - we have the most money, so for most global corps to thrive they must have the american market - something we can deny to anyone as our trump card.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I doubt China will take over American economy in a couple of decades.

I doubt China will ever take over America's economy, even if it did it will take more than 50 years.

I heard somewhere that if a machine was build that could emit enormous EM radiation, most of U.S. army will be disabled.
With all the soldiers weaponless, an small invading force with weapons could easily take over U.S, not that it is probable.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm more worried about the aliens myself. I don't think we can beat them too easily. Mind you who is slimier than people? Maybe I should be worried for the aliens instead.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It is very stoppable. All you have to do is cut off the oil supply and it sits dead.

The supply chain is also very weak. So many things are needed for it to all work.

Take away just a few key parts, or materials and nothing can be done to replace them.

But the simplest way to stop America is for the world to sell their US Bonds, and Dollars.

Without their capital America will quickly become a thrid world nation.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
see what eeeeeeverybody is forgetin... those shifty canadians.... i meen come on guys u seriously think we have soooo much land we nothing up there..... were just waiting our time and then we will unleash our might appon all nation's and unite the planet under the maple leaf and the goodole hockey game.. stompin tom conner song's and tim horton's coffee MUAHAHAHAHAHAH

ok ok seriously now though it would take a ton of stuff to bring down the american military but its not impossible and they are not undefeatable... odd's are the americans will be there own biggest enemy

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just drop couple of nukes on the US military.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
AA,

yeah but why can't the US do the same things to the enemy that you say they will do to the US?

tit for tat I always say old chum!

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
yeah but why can't the US do the same things to the enemy that you say they will do to the US?

Because no one needs oil more than us, and no one has as much exteral debt as us.

Since the dollar is backed by debt, not value it is a vehicle of debt transfer, not value transfer.

All of the dollar outside America are debt too.

The world can stop us in a day, if they chose.

All they need to do is put their bonds, and dollars on the market, and the dollar will be destroyed. The government will not be able to afford a pea-shooter, let alone cruise missiles, and jets.

The biggest threat to America is the weight of our debt.

China alone holds enough Bonds, and dollars to create a snowball effect in the markets if they sell their holdings.

I understand it would not be good for them, but it is a better option than allowing America to finance an attack on them with their own capital.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
AA, remember, the world economy depends as much on the US as the US depends on the world.

Not to mention that it's all well and good to say cutting of oil and supplies will kill the US, the trick is actually doing it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join