It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien fleet/formation in high altitude pic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Damn, you people are fast!

I wonder how old George feels about knowing it could be debunked that quick?

Nothing gets past ATS.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I gave ya a star Lee just to make you feel better. Next time post the pics and you won't have to worry about it!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Deny ignorance X10 X3

muhahaha

Regard's
Lee

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What does the EXIF data indicate? I am not familiar with EXIF.

Just because the photo entered photoshop doesn't mean its fake.. it could have been brightened, darkened, added contrast etc. That doesn't mean that 4, or 5 depending on how you look at the pic, were added in after the pic was taken? Does it?

Is it possible that the original 'ufo' was on the tailpiece and then duplicated 4 times into the sky above?

Also, these can just be a formation of fighter jets anyway.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Could be anything. Could be photoshopped or CGI also.
But my first guess would be that they are a formation of military aircraft, perhaps fighters on a mission or simply in training.

I would love to find out that it is something less ordinary!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Way I see it is that the references to any form of photo editing software can mean only a few things.

1. was used to capture and save image from a device, be it a digital camera or a scanner or similar.

2. was a saved image that has been manipulated.

the objects are either a reflection or an overlaid image.

I have just had an idea that might help us to solve this mystery once and for all and will begin work on it shortly. I kinda hope my theory works out...

Will write back later to keep you informed.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Ok, here's my theory.

The plane is a Southwest airlines 737 according to the wing tips "tail" piece and
www.boeing.com...

The 737-700 was launched by Southwest Airlines in 1993 and entered service in 1998. It replaced the 737-300 in Boeing's lineup, and its direct competitor is the A319. It typically seats 132 passengers in a two class cabin or 149 in all economy configuration.

en.wikipedia.org...

You can find several images of the different airline interiors here...
www.airliners.net...#
but here is the interior of a Southwest 737 not seen in above link..
en.wikipedia.org...:Southwest_Airlines_Cabin.jpg

My initial theory was of something inside the craft that was causing the reflection in th window... Unless anyone else can locate the possible source from inside, then I forward this theory...

The Wings 'tail' tip has a reflective flare of the sun on its leading edge. This, in turn is being reflected onto the wing itself and also onto the outer pane of aircrafts window.

That reflection on the outer window is then reflected onto the crafts inner plastic window nearest the passenger which, in turn, sends a double reflection onto the inside of the outer pane of crafts glass, hence the double image in the sky, but only a single reflected image on wings tail tip.

a bit like the effect you get when placing two mirrors face to face.

The reflected images appear to be almost exactly the same length and distance (top to tail) as the leading edge sun glare.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Extralien]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Follow the white rabbit.
Knock knock Neo ...
Adobe tags = fake photo

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Actually , the 'mothership' dispensed its 'debri' , in a mathmatically designed formation , descending 'five by five' into the vortex of the lower atmosphere .
or
the opportunity to photograph a triple reflection was taken ....

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
somebody could have just used the toilet on the plane?

lol

Do the planes emit the waste?

cos it looks like 4 tampons

lmao

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Follow the white rabbit.
Knock knock Neo ...
Adobe tags = fake photo

That does not guarantee that the objects in question were edited into the picture. That's just an 'old wives tale', so to speak.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I am with the "reflection in the window" group. I don't know why they used photoshop, but that little bit of info doesn't help any.

Either way this one is not worth investigating any longer since this site has some pretty efficient debunkers. Good job!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think the same as the 'crowd'... fake !!!

Originally posted by Thurisaz

...cos it looks like 4 tampons

lmao

Priceless

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Telos]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'd say these are more terrestrial then extraterrestrial.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
whatever they are,reflections dont leave a smoke trail behind.

they look like meteorites to me,which do appear like this,fragmented in formation.its because it is breaking up in the earths atmosphere.

edit,it could be a reflection with the smoke trails photoshoped in.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
whatever they are,reflections dont leave a smoke trail behind.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

It's not a smoke trail.

It is the un-flared reflection of the leading edge of the wing tip.

The brightest point of light at the base of the trail, which some presume to be a craft of sorts, is the actual direct point of contact the sun light has made with the reflective surface of the wing tip.

The trail effect is caused by the sunlight flaring up the wing tip and creating a glowing stream along the wing tip from point of origin.

This flare is then cast as part of the entire reflection, but what you see as a trail of smoke is nothing more than the solid, straight edged illumination of the wing tip.

another way to describe this principle is if you see the suns reflection bounce off of something, and then you put sunglasses on, you get to see more definition of the object that the sun light is bouncing off.

you see the glare of the sun in the wing tip, but you're seeing a reflection of an iluminated wing tip and not the glare.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I would go with reflections of the interior lights above the seats somewhere across the aisle, along with the streaks which are harder to determine. I ruled out a blurred secondary image due to long exposure based on the metadata posted by wrangell76 - it shows about a 1/1500s exposure - too fast for that to occur. One other possibility is reflection from the camera body itself as that camera model (HP M525) is all shiny metal on the front. It's also common to get some really unusual reflections through those double windows. As pointed out by wrangell76, (and a good catch) the identical image over the winglet pretty much gives it away. References to Adobe in the EXIF metadata are not conclusive proof that an image was manipulated, as it may have just been downloaded and resized. For any images that require closer scrutiny the camera original is always best, for image size and the metadata embedded. Too large to post though, would need to be available on an external link.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
yes that does seem to be the explanation,the angles are identical. i was looking at the orange and not the silver edge of the wing tip!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

At first I thought it to be jets in formation ..... But I agree with your explaination 100%!!!! (I gave you a star as well!!!) as I remember those double windows and how they do reflect ..... Allien Fleet Formation .... NOT!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I think it's a reflection from the strip that is along the aisle of the cabin.

If you have flown recently, you'll notice they have illumination along them with some stronger markers at various places. They look just like this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join