It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question for anyone who wishes to answer.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I get up in the morning because, God-willing, it was given to me.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i get up in the morning because i have to go to work to get money to feed my kids and animals who depend on me to survive... to start all over again the next day..... please dont ask me what day it is...?:shk:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
The Question: "Why do you get up in the morning?"

Because I have to pee.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Because my hedgehog runs on his wheel, making all sorts of racket!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   

What drives you to survive?

Ambition. Everyone has a goal.

What makes survival so important to you? To experience life?

So that I can enjoy the finer things of life and enjoy the fruits of my labor and help those who needs help. Satisfaction guaranteed.

How can you experience life is the only point to life is to survive?

Everybody has to survive. You can't sit and do nothing, otherwise you can't experience life without moving a finger. To survive is to experience life because it enable you to have resources to obtain your ambition.

What reason is there behind it? What point is there to it?

Go to answer no.1.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I get up to drink morning cofee. I actually go to bed looking foward to it and somethimes hate the fact that I need to waste the night sleeping.

The reason I get up is to go and gather nuts and berrys to feed my cubs (kids) until they are big enough to gather their on.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I quote the last part because it is the only part that really mattered in that entire paragraph. Happiness is entirely subjective. Knowing that, and knowing what makes you happy, answer this question.

Will you ever be able to be content? Will you ever reach a point where you won't need to experience anything else? We know what you want to experience, but what do you need to experience to be content?

I am already content. I am content with sometimes feeling sadness and sometimes feeling happiness. I can’t say I need to experience anything at this present time. Having a wide range of experiences gives my life an illusion of fulfilment, however, and this is something that I naturally crave.

3. By not limiting my self to my own fears.

That much is obvious. But even if your fears didn't limit you in anything you do, what is it that makes this life worth living. What is it that you can be content with in life?

The only conceivable purpose I have appears to be asking the very question ‘what purpose do I serve?’ and then failing to answer the question. Personally I don’t understand the question ‘what makes life worth living’? I have no frame of reference to realize the definition of ‘worth living’. Worth living compared to what? Not living? In my mind, living appears to always better than not living. I think only a person in considerable agony would be able to make the distinction that life is not worth living.

My source of inspiration lies in my continuous quest to understand. I ask my self why am I here? Why do I exist? I think the only real answer I’ll ever get is that there is no reason. I’m just a biological machine, the end product of millions of years of evolution. Depressing as it sounds, if it is the truth, then I will embrace it. I will continue to question and try to understand my self and the universe around me until the day I die.

I can dream and speculate on what my purpose here is. I can create numerous theories and explanations for why I am here, but I believe none of them. It is just entertaining to ponder ‘what if’. I my self might be a part of a process the universe makes use of to learn, realize and understand it’s self. The reason for life might be the ‘universe’ attempting to become conscious.

I think that (perhaps) if I lived forever and was able to learn anything and everything possible in regards to the universe and my own existence (i.e. there would be nothing left to learn) I would then no longer have a reason to exist.

Most importantly I live and experience life because I cannot image what it would be like not to live and experience life (death). In a sense my fear of death (because it is seemingly unknowable) is the ultimate inspiration for living.

Not sure if I answered your questions now. The thing is that the answers to some of the questions you asked I still do not know. There is nothing I feel I need to get out of life for me to be content other than to experience it as time goes on.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
In answer to your question regarding why I get up in the morning...

because I CAN.

Or another way of putting that is, why not?

Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but after all other reasons are thought about, that is REALLY why.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone
Ambition. Everyone has a goal.

Yes, but WHY? keep taking it one step futher. How did you come about this goal? It didn't just pop into existance one day with no reason or cause. It came from somewhere. Where did it come from? Why is that your goal?

You don't know where you are going till you know where you have been. Where you have been throughout your life is a reflection of the current "you". What reflection do you see? What is motivating you? Ambition? Where did that ambition come from? What is the ambition for?

So that I can enjoy the finer things of life and enjoy the fruits of my labor and help those who needs help. Satisfaction guaranteed.

What are the finer things in life? You aren't touching on the core of the question. Its not about why you get out of bed literally but why you get out of bed philosophically. We could decide to just give in and never do anything again, but we don't. What is driving us to get up and do something rather than stay where we are?

Ambition, the finer things of life, satisfaction, those aren't answers to this question. They are merely new questions. The answer is much more specific and detailed.

To survive is to experience life because it enable you to have resources to obtain your ambition.

What is your ambition?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentGem
I am already content. I am content with sometimes feeling sadness and sometimes feeling happiness. I can’t say I need to experience anything at this present time. Having a wide range of experiences gives my life an illusion of fulfilment, however, and this is something that I naturally crave.

Define, in your own words, what content is.

The only conceivable purpose I have appears to be asking the very question ‘what purpose do I serve?’ and then failing to answer the question. Personally I don’t understand the question ‘what makes life worth living’? I have no frame of reference to realize the definition of ‘worth living’. Worth living compared to what? Not living? In my mind, living appears to always better than not living. I think only a person in considerable agony would be able to make the distinction that life is not worth living.

Ask yourself where you are headed. Obviously a life is better than no life in most cases, but what makes one lifestyle more desirable than another one, for you? Why do you want object X instead of object Y? Because object X has more value, more worth, to you. So why do you want life X instead of life Y? Because life X has more worth to you. The question is not "What makes life worth living?" but "What can you do to make this life most worthwhile in your eyes?" then more importantly, "why?"

My source of inspiration lies in my continuous quest to understand. I ask my self why am I here? Why do I exist? I think the only real answer I’ll ever get is that there is no reason. I’m just a biological machine, the end product of millions of years of evolution. Depressing as it sounds, if it is the truth, then I will embrace it. I will continue to question and try to understand my self and the universe around me until the day I die.

I can dream and speculate on what my purpose here is. I can create numerous theories and explanations for why I am here, but I believe none of them. It is just entertaining to ponder ‘what if’. I my self might be a part of a process the universe makes use of to learn, realize and understand it’s self. The reason for life might be the ‘universe’ attempting to become conscious.

Forget about the universe, god, and all those completely irrelevent questions. Everything you need is right inside you. All the relevent questions to ask can be answered by you, with no outside information. Don't worry about why humans are here, worry about why YOU are here.

I think that (perhaps) if I lived forever and was able to learn anything and everything possible in regards to the universe and my own existence (i.e. there would be nothing left to learn) I would then no longer have a reason to exist.

I remember that line of thinking. Living to learn. Back in highschool I was dead set on being an astrophysics/mathematics double major. In one week everything changed and I haven't picked up a science book since. Has nothing to do with god. Has nothing to do with science. Has nothing to do with where we came from, or anything like that. All those things are completely and utterly irrelevent.

Even if you were to learn everything, you still wake up the next morning and have to continue on with life. Correct? The point of life doesn't cease to exist when a being has learned everything, so learning cannot be the point of life. There are a great many different things that could be a reason for living, but learning is not one of them.

Most importantly I live and experience life because I cannot image what it would be like not to live and experience life (death). In a sense my fear of death (because it is seemingly unknowable) is the ultimate inspiration for living.

You fear death because it is the unknown. Fair enough. We are only human. I have my fears. Fears are illogical, but not unfounded. I know my fears, why I have them, and how pointless they are, but I still have them. We are only human.

Not sure if I answered your questions now. The thing is that the answers to some of the questions you asked I still do not know. There is nothing I feel I need to get out of life for me to be content other than to experience it as time goes on.

The main question is, if you were content, there wouldn't be anything missing. The thing that made life most worthwhile for you, you would possess. I don't think you found it simply because you explained content like you were settling for something. It sounded more like you came to terms with reality than found what makes you content. They are two different things. Coming to terms with the way being on this world is, and what we will face, is great, but not what it means to be content.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
How long will thou slumber, oh sluggard?
A friend of mine who played guitar while I sang used to call me 'early' in the morning and ask me that.
The bible says that we are to be diligent or we will be poor and lazy.
Jesus said "love not sleep".

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I get out of the bed in the morning because there are things to be done and things to learn. Why do the things need to be done? Because if they are not done, then I will cease to exist. Why are there things to learn? Because that is the meaning of life. To learn from our experiences. Why will I cease to exist if I do not get up and do the things that need done? Because the human body cannot live without food and water, nor can it live in filth. Why do we learn from our experiences? Because if we didn't, our species would not have made it this long.

Do I need to go on here? I could keep asking the why and giving answers. The problem here is this is all my opinion and subject to change with each person. Therefore, it is not fact.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I get up and out of bed every morning because . . .

1.) The time is fast approaching when enlightenment will come. It will occur
in the morning sun, as the fog begins to lift.
2.) The human brain will suddenly become more efficient, increasing its
area of usage by three-fold. Light will be the key to enlightenment.
3.) At the same time, sunlight that lands directly on the face will act as a
super-charger, fueling newly developed synapses and nerve cells.
4.) One must be in an erect, standing position, facing the east, to enable
the process.

As you can see, I have to be up and out of bed every morning to be ready
for the coming. I am waiting and watching every day. I am compelled.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I get up in the morning because the organism I am is hardwired to do so. I understand this and accept that no further questions need be asked.

Still, part of the programming includes a desire to get up in the morning. That's hardwired, too, but like all human beings I pretend to act as if from free will, so I have to make up some excuse to myself for doing what I am programmed to do anyway.

As to my preferred excuse, SilentGem speaks for me. I get out of bed because I still find the world an interesting place, and as full of pleasure as it is of pain. Besides, I've got things to do that won't wait.

There have been times when I didn't feel like getting out of bed because life looked so hopeless and worthless. But I got out of bed anyway. As you do.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I get up in the morning for pain avoidance and pleasure or to try to improve my experience of those two things. Improving prospects for pain avoidance and pleasure is what hope is. Hope is thinking that things can be better.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I get up in the morning to satisfy my dowload quota for the data (i don't me computers either :lol
. Mindset has alot to do with it. I could allow myself to get all miserable and seek salvation under the saftey of the bedcovers but i don't I get up, and apart from the reasons for having to get up - it;s because i want to, I don't want to miss anything. I've accidentally slept through the whole day before and got up when it was dark - very mind blaggingm hated it, felt like i'd missed out on so much yet it reality probably very little, still it bothered me

Nive thread

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'll help ya out if you are still taking new answers

Simple...I get out of bed because the universe has much to explore and I will learn as much as I can

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
the problem with socratic method is that it relies on absolutes and a system of intellectual bullying.

1 - god is real
2 - can god be seen?
1 - no.
2 - can things that are ¨real¨ be seen?
1 - yes.
2 - if god was real, wouldnt it be logical that he would be manifest in some way?
1 - yes.
2 - have you seen god?
1 - no.
2 - then god is not real.

by consistently and unrelentingly asking questions and not allowing to the first to enter his own inquiry, the second person controls the conversation, forcing him to agree points that dont necessarily prove the 2nd person´s beliefs.

socratic method breaks down once the first person is allowed to institute his own query.

2 - god is not real because he cannot be seen.
1 - is wind real?
2 - yes.
1 - can you see wind?
2 - no.
1 - how do you know wind exists then?
2 - i see the things wind moves, like leaves and dirt.
1 - so not being able to see something doesnt prove it is not real
2 - correct
1 - god cannot be proven to not exist by the fact that he is not seen.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I get out of bed just so I can check this thread and see why others got out of bed. What can be more fasinating than why others get out of bed?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I get out of bed because I believe there is a reason for my living. I believe that all that I go with is a reason and a bigger picture at the end of time. I get out of bed because wills me to just dont do nothing. I get out of bed my girlfriend is sexy in the morning. I get out of bed because if God wills me to do something in the day I wish he use me as a pown. I get out of bed well when I sleep to much my back hurts.

Lol seriously I get out of bed because many brothers of mine are soldiers of Christ and are ready to do the will of God, and I hope he will guide me to what he wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join