It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most interesting pictures of Mars..... a must see

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thanks I'll check it out.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

I think I see what you mean, but as a person with so little imagination that I even interrupt my dreams thinking "this is not possible" I see it because you draw it.

On the original photo i don't see anything on the original image.

And let me say once more that you should not base your opinions on the stereo composites, they may introduce errors because of the superimposing of two images.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Very interesting pics. Many i have seen before, but the hole really interests me.
Finding faces, insects, forests in the topography has always seemed somewhat a matter of perspective to me, and although I see them, I'm not sure that they can't just be natural occurrences. It's the irregular structures and now the holes and references to cave structures that fascinates me. First there was no water or any sort of atmosphere on mars. Now the powers that be see water and hint at an atmosphere. I think what lies below the surface might be the most interesting revaluation yet.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the pictures kdial1 and thanks to Soylent Green Is People and Internos for posting so much info and so many sites that really added a lot to this thread, I bet I have spent an hour just clicking on the links you have placed here for us as well as some of the others that put links as well.

This is exactly why I love this site so much, even if nothing else they are beautiful pictures of the Martian landscape. I liked the black hole and also the picture showing the odd horse-shoe or C-shapes. I didn't know there were dark holes on Mars like this as in the first photo. Learn something new every day, and on the days I spend a few hours on ATS, I learn a few 100 things! And even better, I have so many links to go back and look over, just to view the beauty of Mars. Thanks all!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

Are you sure you aren't mixing things up?

I always heard that Mars had an atmosphere (how could it have dust storms without an atmosphere?) and I did not saw anybody stating that there is water on Mars, at least in the liquid state.

But that there are many interesting photos of Mars there sure are, that is why I am trying to build a Mars photo archive, but my resources are keeping me back.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sorry, double post again.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Possibly, but I need to go to go find the supporting documentation.
Recent findings of water in Martian polar icecaps..where before there was only speculation. The "red" planet is now red and blue and all shades in between.
I remember the shock of one of my co-workers (Fundamentalist Creationist) when the news media first reported "evidence of life (Water) on mars" I don't want to start anyone going again on NASA, but it seems that the public is getting a slow but steady stream of the "Martian disclosure" variety in the last 18 months or so.
I wouldn't be surprised if the next disclosure involves what's under the surface.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMap I appreciate your comments and really think you posted a wonderful shot from Mars Spirit rover on Pegasus site of several animals(fossils) though you claim not to see it as such. Since I was offline over a year I look to similar posts to "catch up"/up to speed on what I'm missing.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Believe it or not,that pic may be more a breakthrough for what it shows in the foreground.I'm talking about the HALF-CIRCLE sticking out of the ground approx . a foot wide. It's a half-buried fossil face of a common Mars dragon with claws circling the face like a circular array of hooks similar to crabs legs in appearance,but probably a deadly weapon for grasping prey,since it has no long legs,but the body like a giant worm or a tube,basically. Some of them have very human looking faces.This fossil has no real facial features I can detect at first try.That's not the real reason it's important.That will all come together with time.I'm trying to accelerate the way people see things on Mars and relay what I stumbled on in my 4 years (really with time off ,so more like 3) 2004-2008 discovering Mars life.This type of animal is probably one of the top on the food chain I'd say. They must be in the top 100 of my very unofficial list. If you consider that much of the surviving Mars life is snake-like,the head claws for grasping are way more effective than chin horns for manipulating objects handilly.Of course chin horns have a superior strength advantage.The chin horn dragons heads stay upright as fossils because of the weight and pyramidal structure of the skull. See this golden example in an above-ground burial site. Look under the big red dot.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by andolin
The "red" planet is now red and blue and all shades in between.
It was always blue, people thought of it as the red planet forgetting that when they look at a photo of the planet taken from Earth they could see that it is not completely red, it has some bluish areas.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I don't see those rocks as fossils because most of the do not look like the type of rock in which we can find fossils.

For example, the darker rock that you marked in that photo looks like a volcanic rock, and those rocks do not "make" fossils.

Some of the other rocks look like rocks made by compacting of the dust, and those I the type of rocks where we can find fossils, but they look less compact than their Earth "cousins", making them less prone to the creation of fossils.

But this is only my opinion as someone that like geology but never really studied it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
What you forget Armap is that Nasa does not want you to see details ,so they corupt the images to make you think it's something like volcanic rock. It's sometimes hard to understand the motivation behind the actions of the powers that be. Sometimes our heroes are really snakes. Most people recognize snakes. I have no problem showing you 2 snakes on Mars from the same 3 foot area.The question is can YOU see them?
Snakes are one of the commonest animals on Mars. If you don't like snakes,just don't go to Mars. They seem to be everywhere the rovers and landers have been(near the warmer equator). If you are a snake lover and want 20 more pics of Mars snakes ,just let me know. This one is unlike Earth snakes,having eyes at the end of the head.
Snakes are not my fave,but I'll honor your request.
I'll show you what's freaky though.
You will never find that on Earth,ever. The closest thing is a NAGA in Indian art,and some other ancient art.It makes me think that either limited numbers of them once lived on Earth or were brought here by traveling aliens and we killed them,or their numbers ,being small just made them extinct. There is another possibility that they either went far underground(hollow earth scenario) or they are phased into a lower density where we can't see or feel them,yet they could be all around. In other words we could walk right through them like a cloud or mist and not know.Yeah that sounds strange now,but wait until others say the same thing from many different sources and reports. Did you see one snake or five ? Did you see life or no life? Am I from Nasa,or do I speak truth?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
First of all your title was what brought me in here to take a look. I get a little bored looking at the same old dry sand looking photos of Mars when my gut instinct tells me that if someone wanted to create a conspiracy about Earth not being habited, they could show pictures all day of places like the Gobi Desert. Thankyou for your efforts.

PS those blackend areas look to me like those darkend areas that google makes on their images from time to time to cover up stuff they do not want us to see.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by antar]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I like this one that you guys found. I put the eyes in so you can see them. They look like crocodiles to me but that is silly because they also look un animated and rock like. They might be croc rocks.

I love the grapefruit sized head. That is pretty darned good resolution if it is really grapefruit sized.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I've seen all your pictures, and you are one of the main problems with this whole process. You are the person who shouldn't be allowed to even touch these pictures because you make the real research look like a joke, and sir I am not afraid to tell you that at all.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
nice pics
one thing about mars is it is apparently live and alien. in the sense of life seen on earth, green and "different"; to try embrace life as a single life form after seeing the different and alien life forms and features: would be stressful, on all aspects of my preconcieved notions.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I love the Martian pictures. I especially love peoples flights of fancy as to what they can see in them.

My favourite is this one though

We have some things on Earth which are quite similar

Theyre called sinkholes, and are quite impressive. The one pictured is called the Cave of Swallows.
I remember watching a guy parachuting into one on a documentary
Freefall into the Cave

If life exists on Mars, then this would be the point to start from. Its sheltered and away from the harsh surface conditions. It may be the entrance to a cave network

The rest will probably have a mundane explanation behind them

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

You are missing the point.Nasa has already manipulated the pics you consider pristine.That's what I'm trying to show,as are others with better eyes,better skills,more knowledge,better info.I don't blindly accept what you believe to be true.I see evidence of life on Mars,as I had expected.Life is tenacious.Life is the rule,and not the exception.I just don't lay down and take it when I know I'm being lied to with fake images being presented as the truth.
Here's a beautiful FANGED FOSSIL for your ROCKS pile.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Kudos kdial1. The sky artifacts are some of the most interesting ones. I used to be addicted to the rover pics, but have since backed off.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

Caves on Mars could harbour alien life say scientists

Caves have been found on Mars - and they could be home to alien life, scientists said yesterday.

The entrances to seven possible caverns on the slopes of a 16km-high Martian volcano called Arsia Mons were spotted by Nasa satellites.

The find will fuel suggestions that life may exist in 'underground habitats' on the Red Planet.

The caves could one day become shelters for astronauts, scientists at the US space agency said.

The holes named Dena, Chloe, Wendy, Annie, Abbey, Nicki and Jeanne were described as 'very dark, nearly circular features' ranging from about 100m to 250m across.

They may be at least 100m deep and the only natural structures capable of protecting life from meteor strikes, radiation and solar flares that bombard the planet's surface.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join