It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most interesting pictures of Mars..... a must see

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
or this one on the moon............

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil... &sensor=UVVIS&filter=415_nm

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Denying that there is anything there on Mars???? Yet put pictures with censored parts of an image......hmmmm......gets the mind going.......maybe they found some He3 and don't want certain countries from knowing where it is.....who knows I am only speculating.

It's only "censorship" if you've made up your mind before looking at the picture that there is a conspiracy to hide the truth from you. If you look at the image without that prejudice, you just see a picture with a bit missing. There could be any number of reasons for it that don't involve deliberately concealing information.

If you wanted to censor an image, would you really just put a big black box over it? Or would you at least TRY to make it look subtle? Surely the latter?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel

Originally posted by kdial1

Denying that there is anything there on Mars???? Yet put pictures with censored parts of an image......hmmmm......gets the mind going.......maybe they found some He3 and don't want certain countries from knowing where it is.....who knows I am only speculating.

It's only "censorship" if you've made up your mind before looking at the picture that there is a conspiracy to hide the truth from you. If you look at the image without that prejudice, you just see a picture with a bit missing. There could be any number of reasons for it that don't involve deliberately concealing information.

If you wanted to censor an image, would you really just put a big black box over it? Or would you at least TRY to make it look subtle? Surely the latter?

Well I would say you are on a conspiracy website...this is what most everyone expects "conspiracy", I am sure we will all find a reason for this sooner or later. Like I said earlier, I do not lean in either direction for this I only speculate and give ideas.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
..........always clementine:

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
..............at this adress, you find a spacecraft at the bottom of the pic.

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

(www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...)

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Speaking of which - there's an MP3 floating around somewhere (over at divinecosmos.com, i think) where a major media type - was it Bill O'Reilly? - discloses details of life on mars. Have you heard that? Afterward the show, the network withdrew all access to the recording and tried to pan it off as some kind of Orwellian blooper, but someone over at Divinecosmos.com was very quick on their feet and got it recorded before the network withdrew access. When you hear the recording, you don't have the impression that he is acting. His emotions seem real.

Anyway, just thought i'd pass i on in case anyone's interested.

Chutso

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by chutso_ha

Never have heard it but I have watched alot of what David Wilcock does in his work. If anyone finds this please post this I would love to hear this. Would recommend every one watch his interview on youtube.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
aircraft...?

you can find it on the "Clementine Lunar Image Browser 1.5" :

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

latitude: 54
longitude: 265

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by addresseur
..........always clementine:

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

Addresseur, having server errors with these links....can you fix them?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
ha, I have worked for the Naval Research Laboratory before up in Maryland. As far as I was concerned they were incompetent. At least the people who were working on the air surveillance radars.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

IMHO, you have posted too many pics all together
(joking)
seriously, i admire your efforts, so i gave a star and a flag to you for your efforts.
That being said, i would like to say that some photos are interesting, some others are questionable and some others are useless at all IMHO, but this is only my opinion and it's not your fault: simply, if someone mantains a website which purpose is to "discover anomalies on Mars", is clear that soon or later his motto will be like NoHup's signature: "An anomaly in every image"

Since ATS' motto is Deny Ignorance, we should proceed in a different way, IMHO

Images #1 and #2:
i239.photobucket.com...
i239.photobucket.com...

The holes on Mars are an OFFICIAL anomaly, bringed to our attention by NASA himself:

Explanation: Black spots have been discovered on Mars that are so dark that nothing inside can be seen. Quite possibly, the spots are entrances to deep underground caves capable of protecting Martian life, were it to exist. The unusual hole pictured above was found on the
slopes of the giant Martian volcano Arsia Mons. The above image was captured three weeks ago by the HiRISE instrument onboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter currently circling Mars. The holes were originally identified on lower resolution images from the Mars Odyssey spacecraft,
The hole is about the size of a football field and is so deep that it is completely unilluminated by the Sun. Such holes and underground caves might be prime targets for future spacecraft, robots, and even the next generation of human interplanetary explorers.

Source
NASA - Astronomy Picture of the Day
apod.nasa.gov...

Now it has been assested that they ARE holes, but till the moment that we'll land a rover inside there, i doubt that we will be able to make more than speculations: anyway they are interesting to say the least, an ACTUAL anomaly which might hide who knows what

Image 3:
i239.photobucket.com...

i'd humbly suggest to take a look here:
en.wikipedia.org...

that would be a semi-buried sculpture? I don't think so, but this is just my opinion, and i can't prove it.

THIS is a sculpture, IMHO

img144.imageshack.us...

By the way: the white rectangle in that image is 1.52 km x 17.84 km (0.944 x 11.085 miles)
so you can make your own calculation in order to determine the size of the alleged head

As Armap already pointed, images 4, 5, and 6 shows Mars Rover spirit's abrasion disk:
i239.photobucket.com...
i239.photobucket.com...
i239.photobucket.com...

There are four types of cameras on board the Mars Exploration Rovers:

• the Panoramic Camera(PanCam)
  • the Navigation Camera(NavCam)
  • the Hazard Avoidance Camera(HazCam)
  • the Microscopic Imager(forclose-upviews)

Those photos have been taken by a Navigation Camera (NavCam)
marsrover.nasa.gov...
Example:

The caption reads Spirit sol 60:
this means that from the interface that can be found here,
marsrover.nasa.gov...
you have to choose this option:

which will bring you to this page:
marsrover.nasa.gov...

Now, it could be useful to track the same SOL series (60) taken by another camera, (it seems

that that website NEVER does so): i choose the Front HazCam:

and it shows this page:
marsrover.nasa.gov...
i choose one of the four images available and here is a clear image showing Sprit's arm just before, or during or after the drilling.
Try to do the same with the other image and please, let me know if i'm wrong

You can also download this very interesting document [.pdf file] about Mars Rovers Cameras:
www.mwoa.org...

Image # 7:
The caption reads:

"Demonstrates WHAT
"
A Rover mission might demonstrate something, but since this photo shows an area of the south polar region (btw here there's an interesting article about Mars temperatures www-k12.atmos.washington.edu... ) i don't think that we'll see a Rover there for a long time, since (if i'm correct) they had to land within 15-20 degrees from the equator because their energy source comes from solar arrays.
That photo "demonstrates" noting, IMHO: it's amazing, of course but far away from being EVIDENCE of something.

Image # 8
i239.photobucket.com...
Jpeg artifacting: taken from a 3d cg rendering instead of from an actual image:
there's a discussion about it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
i've already posted enough there

Image # 9:
i239.photobucket.com...

Astounding. But unfortunately, the cube shaped formation only appears in the "enhanced" picture, see comparison between the one posted in that website and the original ones, processed, in sinusoidal projection and processed but NOT map-projected:

www.msss.com...
www.msss.com...

Image # 10:
i239.photobucket.com...
see image # 7 about the water "evidence" and image # 8 about "tampering" on structures.

Image # 11: Inca city.
www.msss.com...
Another actual anomaly, one of the most interesting, IMHO.
Many times discussed, i frankly wonder what could be discovered there.

Image # 12:
i239.photobucket.com...
see image # 8

Image # 13:
i239.photobucket.com...
It's a ordinary rock IMHO, what else

Image # 14:
i239.photobucket.com...

See
this image
marsrover.nasa.gov...
and this image
marsrover.nasa.gov...

from the same series (sol 126)
before talking about presence of water, all the reflective (levigated) minerals must have been ruled out: has this been made with this pic ?

[edit on 26/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Image # 15
i239.photobucket.com...

"Evidence" of the presence of water in the south pole

See infos about temperatures on Mars
www-k12.atmos.washington.edu...

Maybe there's a vegetation form able to survive at those temperatures, but this still has to be proven

Image # 16:
i239.photobucket.com...
see above

Image # 17:
i239.photobucket.com...
I have no clue what is supposed to be anomalous in that rock

Image # 18 and 19:
i239.photobucket.com...
i239.photobucket.com...

See image # 7

Image # 20:
i239.photobucket.com...
Interesting IMHO:
here is the original image
www.msss.com...
i wonder how can they state that these are "biological life form"

Some evidence or shall we take teir claims as evidences ?

Image # 21
i239.photobucket.com...
see image # 7

Image # 22: ufos spotted by Spirit NavCam in Sol 16 series:
i239.photobucket.com...
alleged ufos spotted by Spirit NavCam in Sol 16 series:
no, the spots are on the lens
see here
marsrover.nasa.gov...
and here
marsrover.nasa.gov...
the orientation of the environnment changes, but the dots are still in the same point.

alleged ufos spotted by Spirit PanCam in Sol 12 series:
see above and see
here
marsrover.nasa.gov...
and here
marsrover.nasa.gov...
for comparison

Image # 23 and # 24:
i239.photobucket.com...
i239.photobucket.com...
see image 7

Image # 25:
i239.photobucket.com...
What's anomalous here

Image # 26 # 27 # 28 # 29:
i239.photobucket.com...
i239.photobucket.com...
i239.photobucket.com...
i239.photobucket.com...

i frankly hope that these last four images are a joke

IMHO, that's not the most reliable source:
they should show for FIRST the original image in which MUST be clear the anomaly with no need to resize, resample, increase contrast decrease brightness reduce color depht to 16 colors and so on...
Despite i appreciate their efforts, i keep away from that website: but since these images have been posted here, i'm free to provide my OPINION as the other members are: yes, this is only my opinion, that means that they could be right and i could be wrong, of course

kdial1, as said i admire your effort, because this mean that you're thirsty of Truth:
this is a great characteristic, one of my favourites in general:
also, why don't you put your efforts in order to discover the anomalies by yourself instead of let those people to say to you what you have to see in picture?
Here are some useful links: i'm sure that you will be able to make a great work with them, and i wish you all the best, and thank you for sharing these amazing images

Mars:

Rover Spirit:

Rover Opportunity:

P.S.: i've posted photos of anomalies myself, so please don't call me "debunker"

I wish that what we see are signs of civilization/life/vegetation, but what about evidences instead of statements?
I believe that Mars could host life forms and/or signs of ancient civilization:
but the fact that the evidences beyond all reasonable doubt are missing, is not a good reason to create ones with photoshop or imagination, IMHO.
P.S. 2: I apologize in advance if i made some mistake in my posts

[edit on 26/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
personaly i find these pics very fasinating! vegitation on mars! frozzen lakes! unexplained massive round holes! O.O

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Original Picture here

Great photos, by the way, kdial1.

The above photo is two photos that were taken using the different filters on the rover's cameras. Different filters are used to gather photos of different light intensities so the imaging software could figure out approximate color from the black-and white raw images (all of the raw images are B&W -- there is no such thing as a true color digital camera)

Here is a link to all of the raw photos taken on that day(Sol 60) by Spirit. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the various raw photos taken through various filters:
Spirit Raw Photos - Sol 60

Original Picture here

Those are marks made by cleaing the rock with the brushes that are part of the abrasion tool. This is the same rock (named 'Humphrey') that Spirit would later drill into, and seen in the photo above. This picture is taken after cleaning, but before they used the abrasion tool.

Here is the explanation of this photo:

This image taken by the navigation camera on the Mars Exploration Rover Spirit shows the rock dubbed "Humphrey" and the circular areas on the rock that were wiped off by the rover. The rover used a brush on its rock abrasion tool to clean these spots before examining them with its miniature thermal emission spectrometer. Later, the rover drilled into the rock with its rock abrasion tool, exposing fresh rock underneath.

...and a link to the full story:
marsrover.nasa.gov...

And, as Internos has already posted, here is the link to ALL of the photos taken by Spirit and Oppurtunity -- all press released photos and all raw photos, The thousands of raw photos are organized by Rover name, camera, and Sol number.:
marsrover.nasa.gov...

EDIT TO ADD:

I'm not blaming the OP, but I will blame the source material (marsanomalyresearch.com) for not understanding that 1.) the rovers cameras take pictures using different filters which yield different lighting intensities on the objects being photographed, and 2.) the abrasion tool has a brush.

If marsanomalyresearch.com actually did a little reseaerch, they would know that the markings in these photos are of explainable terrestial origin.

[edit on 11/26/2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
addresseur

Please stop flooding this thread about pictures of Mars with pictures from the Moon, especially those from the Clementine Browser V1.5, it had many flaws that were corrected with version 2.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Did you know that using the images from the rovers that have L4, L5 and L6 near the end of the name as the Red, Green and Blue channel you can make a colour image that is near true colour?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
here's a good pic with some anomalies

marsrover.nasa.gov...

bottom left handcorner, some unusual rocks with something sticking out of them.

top right hand corner below the crater rim about 2 inches in looks like 2 figures.

steve

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I did know that color pictures can be created from the filtered raw images of differing intensities, but I did not know the method...

...my point was (which I know you understand, ArMap, but for the sake of others) is that depending on the filter used, one picture will show the brushed area clearly, why the brushed area is almost invisible when viewed through another filter.

Thanks ArMap.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thanks Internos, Soylent is green and Armap.....I commend you all on the very informative posts, Internos expecially it looks like it took alot of work to get all that on here and gatherning the information.

I think in an overall picture one's mind can interpret anything for instance if glancing at one of the photo's posted here by a member one person could say that this picture here is of an Alien with Rabbit ears posing for the camera.

Yet it is fun for ones mind to wonder and think. Great people are made from peopple who think outside the box.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Holy cow. I'm almost afraid to wade into the stream here. This just in at MSNBC:

Mars orbiter spots rover on weird plateau

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join