It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most interesting pictures of Mars..... a must see

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Some excellent photos. Most interesting I think is the one with the semi-circle imprint in the terain; looks like some sort of semi-circle full of water......... Strange.
Also like the one with the 2 objects in the sky.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Thanks. I wasn't attacking the post just commenting on how these things should be presented. I admit a bias against the Mars Anomaly site as I see it as pure nonsense. I do however have an open mind regarding these things. I would love it if real things were found on Mars but these phonied up pic's bother me. Mostly because I fell for some of them before I wised up and learned how they were manipulated.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is a great primer for people like me who have no idea where to begin asking any questions let alone looking for any answers. Great idea for a thread and hope people in general feel encouraged to elaborate on why certain photos have created such controversy and commanded so much attention. Any suggestions could be in your original thread, k1?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What about the picture of the what looks to be a skull in the left hand corner of this original picture from rover. here's the Nasa link

marsrover.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Thanks Brock, Everyone here is going to see this updated regularly. This is also what this thread is about discussing these pictures and the answers for the pictures no matter what opinion one has. As soon as I get my edit button back I will update the original thread.

If there are any questions on any of these photos or you would like the original please let me know and I will link you to it. I will post your request in the thread for all to see the original.
I recomend ESA as well for everyone looking for pictures.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theblues
What about the picture of the what looks to be a skull in the left hand corner of this original picture from rover. here's the Nasa link

marsrover.nasa.gov...

Yeah I was going to add that one, but saw it was also one of the hot topics here on ATS right now on another thread (which seems like every few weeks there is a thread on it) ....was going to add it later so that people could keep discussing it in that thread, but thanks for the post!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
For no one that has seen this here on ATS here is the Famous "Ice water in crater picture.

Ice water crater

Big download.....Hi res picture

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Where did you obtain these pictures from?

Most pics are from here...

Some of them look like 'forests' on Mars and have been put on various sites that these are proof of vegetation. I hate to burst the bubble of fantasy here, but I have shown proof that they are just 'cracks' on the terrain. Have a look at these pics and you'll see what I mean!

Pic taken from Hoagland's 'Enterprise Mission' that he claims
are trees!

So what he contends is that the pic above clearly shows forests on the surface of Mars.
But what’s the fact? Check out the images with progressive resolution (below) and you’ll see what I mean.

South Polar Region PSP_003443_0980
Credit: NASA/JPL/University of Arizona

Do they look like trees or just cracks/fissures on the surface of Mars? But many 'experts' insists they’re trees/vegetation! Now they’ll probably change their mind….or will they put another spin on it?

Cheers!

The original images are here…

www.msss.com...
hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

www.enterprisemission.com...

[edit on 25-11-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Look like fissures and cracks to me.....why do most experts believe those are trees? Looks pretty obvious to me. I can see how people could see those as trees though....if the camera was like 50-100 ft in the air yeah that would be better, but in reality the camera is kilometers above.

P.S. I have provided everyone with the link to where I found them and upon request am getting them the original photos from Nasa and ESA's websites. But thanks for updating page 2 with the link.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by kdial1]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Blaine.... concerning the Mars Anomaly Research site, they have this

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

To make a long read short. Every picture that is on that site concerning Mars comes from an original Malin Space Science Systems (MSSS) photo. They link to it, they compare it to earth images if possible and also offer only opinions. So why would you call it nonsense. Maybe the entire Mars NASA program is nonsense and you should write a letter to your Senator telling them this. These pictures have questions that need to be answered. The ones from or contracted by NASA did not build the crafts that are taking these pictures. The men and women evaluating these pictures are doing nothing but that. Evaluating them. They are no more of an expert as they have not been to Mars first hand. Each one of us has a right to look at these pictures and decide for ourselves.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
There are interesting pictures coming from the Mars explorers all the time, and not just the ones someone believes are somehow evidence of Martian life or civilization or water, or what have you. The ESA and HiRise sites have some very remarkable and fascinating images, even if you don't go there intending to scour every pixel in some weak attempt to find "anomalies."

Anomalies!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Those are some great pictures, although some I believe have had reasonable explanations, but there's always an area of possibility as to what they could be.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Interesting stuff. I have been increasingly leaning towards the possibility of something far out of our current knowledge going on up there.

A few of those pics are a pretty far stretch in my opinion ... some of them I can't even make out what the pic is trying to point out. Others could have more mundane explanations. A couple of them are truly out there (the buried "discs" one and the "inca city" one) These two definitely show either:

a) crazy atmospheric/weather conditions, geological processes, and/or space/gravity conditions currently unseen or known about by humanity

b) some sort of life/beings

c) some very crazy coincidences/interpretations by our brains

More than likely it's a mix of all 3 ... with a) as well as b) becoming increasingly more plausible in my mind.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
just because some ppl think they can "prove" what these pics are of, well your absolutely fooling yourself

it doesnt matter if u think its alien something, water , or just plain old rocks and dust

the fact is, none of us have been to mars to check it out first hand

So the Truth of the Matter is, none of us really know wtf is going on there.

Id just like to get that striaght b4 more ppl claim they know the truth behind all this. Because there is no possible way you or anyone could Know for sure, until you go see it yourself, in person.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
that is quiet a fasinating collection of mars

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
just because some ppl think they can "prove" what these pics are of, well your absolutely fooling yourself

it doesnt matter if u think its alien something, water , or just plain old rocks and dust

the fact is, none of us have been to mars to check it out first hand

So the Truth of the Matter is, none of us really know wtf is going on there.

Id just like to get that striaght b4 more ppl claim they know the truth behind all this. Because there is no possible way you or anyone could Know for sure, until you go see it yourself, in person.

Thanks

That will never change. They'll always say they're 100% positive nothing is on Mars even though they have no proof of that at all. A person a couple posts above you is one of these people. Their minds are completely closed to the possibility that life was once on Mars or might still be there today underground.

I don't know who said that the site is known for manipulating the images, but I've been to that site many times and they link to all original images that show the same things they're talking about. So if any manipulation is done it's in the original images.

That excuse is getting very old as well. The debunkers favorite thing to say is "It's been Photshopped!!!"

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The consensus seems to be, then, that while some of these pictures show some ninteresting things, none can really be demonstrated to be anything unnatural.

My feeling with all these sorts of images of Mars is that given the amount of footage and imaging that has been done of the planet, to have so few artefacts of interest is in fact evidence of a LACK of life, rather than of its existence.

Put simply, what we know of life on Earth tells us that it is very hard to confine to one particular portion. Obviously conditions are very different on Mars, but the fact remains that for every tiny rock with a possible letter on it, and for every hole that looks faintly artificial, there are thousands of miles of absolutely nothing.

That, taken with the lack of inexplicable evidence provided in threads like this, is enough to convince me that there is no life on Mars.

LW

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
what do you think about that:

qt.exploratori... um.edu/mars/spirit/pancam/2007-11-24/2P247721374EFFAWCCP2415L5M1.JPG
qt.exploratori... um.edu/mars/spirit/pancam/2007-11-24/2P247721298EFFAWCCP2415L2M1.JPG
qt.exploratorium.edu...

............................ ?.............

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
.... strange pics (2):................(sorry for the links)...........

qt.exploratorium.edu...

qt.exploratorium.edu...

qt.exploratorium.edu...

one more time, a computer problem.........?..............

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by addresseur
what do you think about that:

qt.exploratori... um.edu/mars/spirit/pancam/2007-11-24/2P247721374EFFAWCCP2415L5M1.JPG
qt.exploratori... um.edu/mars/spirit/pancam/2007-11-24/2P247721298EFFAWCCP2415L2M1.JPG
qt.exploratorium.edu...

............................ ?.............

The only link that seems to be working is the last one, but to me well just looks like great ole' censorship at its best.

Denying that there is anything there on Mars???? Yet put pictures with censored parts of an image......hmmmm......gets the mind going.......maybe they found some He3 and don't want certain countries from knowing where it is.....who knows I am only speculating.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join