It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most interesting pictures of Mars..... a must see

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Some of these have been posted on here, I am simply putting them here on one thread for all to see.

If there are more please let me know and I will add them.

Original Copy here

44mb picture is here big file for those who want to see it in real high definition!!

Original Image available in Different sizes

Original Picture here

Original Picture here

Original Copy here

Original Copy here

Original Copy here

Original Copy here

Original Copy here

Edit: Got about half of the pictures original's linked....will be working on more tommorrow.....

[edit on 25-11-2007 by kdial1]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Indeed very fascination pictures! I tend to believe there are various degrees of vegetation on mars if not what could it be?

I would LOVE to get my hands on more pictures and are really looking forward to other nations and there contributions regarding new information, pictures.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Interesting pictures. The very first one appears to have been censored by someone with the dark blot?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Fantastic pictures i understand now why hogland does what he does these pictures are blowing my mind also, it does not really matter what people think these are im sure there will be many opinions the fact is they are there and seem to have been ignored by nasa, Why go to mars if they refuse to share or investigate what they find?

if you would have posted those pictures and said pictures of earth we would know what they where for sure, however because they are on mars they will be riddiculed and debunked, but i dont care i want to know what they are because i cant see most of them being natural.

And i dont mean the vegitation and water .

[edit on 25/11/2007 by azzllin]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I was very careful in putting the thread title because I know there are the thread flamers out there that hate the wrong titles. Most people would title this as "Evidence of life on Mars" yet the evidence in these pictures is not enough to draw onto any conclusive evidence.

But in my opinion the thread flamers that try to debunk these will not believe anything until it is put out there by the mass media. Again society is so stuck on the Mass media they will not acknowledge it's existence until Bill O'reilly or Anderson Cooper says it is so.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Some of those are really interesting but some are not that interesting.

What is the interest in showing rocks with the marks of the Rover's abrasion disks, for example?

Other pictures are interesting but have attached some misleading text, like "Isolated patch demonstrates how this creeping life spreads & establishes itself". There is nothing that shows that as a living creature.

Other pictures, like the "Hale crater civilisation evidence" are another type of misleading information, the image was changed to show what they wanted to show.

We sure have many interesting pictures of Mars, but these are not the best, in my opinion.

PS: who are Bill O'reilly and Anderson Cooper?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There are a couple of pictures there are pretty interesting.

Some are just eroded sand dunes, but others don't have the best resolution so it isn't any definitive proof of life as you already stated in your last post.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMaP, I see you are in Portugal. Here in the United States Bill O'reilly is a well known news anchor on the Fox News Channel and Anderson Cooper is from the news network CNN.

Also ArMap, would you point me in the direction of some of the best pictures of Mars, I see you said you don't think these are the most interesting pictures here on ATS. I am trying to put them all on this thread. Thanks in Advance

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Where did you obtain these pictures from?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Where did you obtain these pictures from?

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Although I think this is not the best forum for it, I will post some pictures.

The most recent picture of that hole.

This was taken with the Sun lower, so it shows part of the side of the hole.

Edit: I am not sure if it is the same hole, I think that there are seven known holes like that.

[edit on 25/11/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Like the first 2 pictures in my original post here are the Nasa Photo's and their caption:

"Seven very dark holes on the north slope of a Martian volcano have been proposed as possible cave skylights, based on day-night temperature patterns suggesting they are openings to subsurface spaces. These six excerpts of images taken in visible-wavelength light by the Thermal Emission Imaging System camera on NASA's Mars Odyssey orbiter show the seven openings. Solar illumination comes from the left in each frame. The volcano is Arsia Mons, at 9 degrees south latitude, 239 degrees east longitude. "

If this is so...this would be a good place to go to look for possible fossils and collection of water in underground caves. This photo is 6 cave skylights.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Very interesting set of pics they certainly get your imagination
flowing . I find the pic of the 2 proposed animal skulls very strange
because they look very similar to each other only being different in
size,which would discount they were formed through the natural
erosion theory .....

Ackers....

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

kdial1,

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. I have seen some of them before, but not all of them. Fascinating! I also appreciate you sharing the link as it looks like the site is updated on a frequent basis.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
You should give known facts about the photo's and a link to the originals.

Some have been heavily manipulated to make them fit the theory. The site they are from is well known for this sort of trickery to fool the uninformed. The size of the features is also unmentioned which I find misleading.

The ones with the round ground down areas with the question marks and arrows are well known. The Rovers have a tool which grinds them and they are close ups of the ground down areas on relatively small rocks. There is no mystery what they are.

I recommend anyone viewing these look up the originals and the sources of the altered copies before considering them. It may change your opinion dramatically when presented with complete facts.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Some have been heavily manipulated to make them fit the theory. The site they are from is well known for this sort of trickery to fool the uninformed. The size of the features is also unmentioned which I find misleading.

The ones with the round ground down areas with the question marks and arrows are well known. The Rovers have a tool which grinds them and they are close ups of the ground down areas on relatively small rocks. There is no mystery what they are.

I recommend anyone viewing these look up the originals and the sources of the altered copies before considering them. It may change your opinion dramatically when presented with complete facts.

I posted these as "The most Interesting pictures of Mars" everyone can interpret them in their own way.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Blaine,

Nothing ever seems simple, as there is always two sides to every story!
Since I really have no idea what I am looking at in pictures like these, and you say they are manipulated, I am wondering where I should look to find the originals. Do you have a link for that?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I will work on this later tonight, that is a good point....I will include a link to the original pictures. That way the uninformed are not mislead by the titles and can interpret it in their own way. Thanks Blaine91555

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

fantastic pictures of mars and artifacts-------if i had a ship------or could find a suitable "taxi" i'd like to go see right now in person myself ! matter of fact if there's air to breath and food to eat all i need is a one way ticket.stop the world i'd like to get off----thanks for shareing.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just a little update....I posted some of the originals links below the Actual picture by request. Will be updating the rest tommorrow with the original links.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join