It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Camp "leaks" Edwards/VP Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
MSNBC is reporting that no less than three seperate Kerry staffers floated the idea that Kerry intentionally "pulled back" on South Carolina before yesterday's election in order to keep John Edwards in the race. The point being to keep Edwards a viable candidate for the vice presidency with a southern win under his belt.

The staffers told at least one MSNBC embed that Kerry is actively considering Edwards as the perfect VP. Considering recent attacks by Edwards of special interests steering the Kerry campaign, "allowing" Edwards an easy southern victory would justify adding him to the ultimate ticket at the convention despite differences. The Kerry ticket would gain both southern and 'outsider' appeal with Edwards.

Chris Matthews challenged this assertion last night to Kerry's face. Kerry, of course, denied the assertion and said he has no idea who leaked the claim. Edwards says the claim is disinformation and Kerry doubled advertsing spending in the last week in SC (despite losing) and remains adamant that he will not accept any VP offer.

Personally, I think the staffers were seeking a way to downplay Kerry's lack of southern appeal. Though I find it difficult to believe in today's political environment that anything get's so pervasively and systematically leaked without the head man knowing. There was a purpose behind this "story" that got significant coverage during a critical win for Edwards. That purpose being the limelight for Kerry. It's dirty politics, and misuse of the media IMO.

Now Deaniacs may have a different take... and believe Kerry and Edwards are capable of anything being "Not Dean". What floored me last night was how well Clark did, seemingly winning Oklahoma (within 600 votes of Edwards), yet he gets virtually NO airtime. It's been said that to win media coverage, win in Eastern time zone states. Edwards certainly won that time slot, but Kerry still found a way to steal it. With a false leak.

Boo Kerry.
"We lost SC on purpose" my ass.

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
No intentional pull back, just a loss to the hometown boy.
I think Edwards will deny the VP until he concedes the P race. Can't do anything but....how else can he?

Since the Media/Corporate Gods have decreed Kerry the choice, I think he & Edwards would make an outstanding ticket - as long as Edwards gets on the same page & goes after the Bush team - not the congenial 'just amongst us freinds' campaign he's running against the Dems.

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
John Edwards is the VP candidate.

They made an insider deal.

You can tell because Hohn Edwards defending John Kerrry in the last debate when Howard Dean questioned him on something.

join