It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled veterans jeered at swimming pool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Disabled veterans jeered at swimming pool

www.telegraph.co.uk

Injured soldiers who lost their limbs fighting for their country have been driven from a swimming pool training session by jeering members of the public.

The men, injured during tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, were taking part in a rehabilitation session at a leisure centre, when two women demanded they be removed from the pool. They claimed that the soldiers "hadn't paid" and might scare the children.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What is this world coming to!! These women should be named and shamed. I bet they claim not to be prejudice either.....ha. If their children were disabled I am sure their opinion would be different.

Ignorance at it's best....

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yep, nothing like supporting the troops. Just as long as they don't have to see busted up soldiers that might scare their kids.

They ought to publish the names of the people that were jeering at the wounded. A nice punishment would be some community time at the local military hospital. Let them take care of some of the wounded face to face.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I feel shamed by these senceless idiots.

MonKey

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It is disgraceful that people go that far. I think they should be named and shamed and made to publicly apologise.

Yeah, they might scare the children...into something called REALITY.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The article gives no indication of how common incidents like this are in the U.K. I hope they are rare.There are always a few idiots wherever you go. The servicemen should have ignored the protests and kept on swimming.

I personally am opposed to the war, but I'm certainly not opposed to those who risk their lives to serve in it. I just want to bring them home.

I think (and hope) most opponents of the war feel the same way,

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Sestias]

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Sestias]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
If something like this ever happened in my presence, I would likely be arrested... I would have taken physical action against those women.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
WOW.

And I only wish I could have met my English grandfather who was injured in WWI, as well as my Canadian grandfather who was in WWII.

What are they thinking? Like "Geez get those freaks away from me! I don't care if they're veterans, I don't care if they've suffered the loss of limbs... I just don't want to look at them... and I paid... and they're freaking out the kids..."?? What??
I don't understand.

In my life (I'm now 22), I've seen people with limbs amputated, and it didn't traumatize or scare me (and I'm pretty sensitive). The things those veterans have experienced and seen - THAT has to be scary.

I just... I can't believe how disrespectful this is.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
MIGHT SCARE THE CHILDREN........ WTF

I can't imagine how anyone could treat a vet like this after being injured in the service of their country. I work hard to support our troops currently serving and if I had witnessed such a cruel act I would have run these women out of the pool faster than you could blink an eye.

Shame on them.

See my signature and do something for a soldier today.

[edit on 30/11/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
They should be flogged and have their heads shaven in public. How dare they!

new topics

top topics

join