It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother active in Houston texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by maintainright

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

What would it take to produce an "anti-drone?"

Jamming?

Locate the take off and landing area? Or hit it with a laser beam and burn out the camera?

Shotgun anyone? :p

Actually, you could easily run the drone amok with simple lasers, microwave guns, sonar guns... then shoot it out of the sky! I see one of these near my house and I have a few surprises for it!

JSR

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

What would it take to produce an "anti-drone?"

Jamming?

Locate the take off and landing area? Or hit it with a laser beam and burn out the camera?

Interfering with or damaging law enforcement property is against the law and wrong. When you take it upon yourself to damage tax payer property in a way you are stealing from your fellow citizens.

what discomfit said is true. that being said.....

all you really need to know is what frequency they are using to control it. get an RC controler, set it to the same freq., get in the general visinity, and just turn it on. they will loose all control of the drone.

problem is, finding the freq.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I agree that that's creepy and perhaps immoral, but I don't think it is illeagle. If you're parked in public, anyone can come up and look into your car. If you're in your house, anyone can use binoculars to look through your windows. The issue is when these things happen to specific people for extended times. That is illeagle.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The problem here is that these UAV's are going to be operated by another entity, Insitu. This wreaks of a Blackwater-esque system. The Houston police can stiff-arm any accusations and blame them on Insitu, just like the US govt blames attrocities in Iraq on Blackwater - same modus operandi. So, what do we do? Hire our own firms to protect our civil rights? If this hired firm neutralizes a UAV, then we can blame it on them and we are free and clear? Is the next civil war going to be fought by private armies? Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yeah, that hot little monkey Lauren Freeman (news anchor) is basically clueless about the possible ramifications of such technology. She reports it as if it were a sale at Nieman Marcus.

I'd personally like to get her up to speed on the conspiratorial aspects of this story.

Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Not yet they are not...But you have to realize that the estblishment wishes to slowly erode American freedoms, so that we will not know they are gone...Just like the romans said...Give them bread and circus and they will not care who runs things....Sorry not a perfect quote but close enough..

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
While they may have the capability to fly at 10k feet I do not see any reason why they would the camera would be huge and these things wouldnt carry them..When they do their re-con in Afghanistan they do not fly very high however the only problem I may have when sniping one of them is their speed they travel pretty fast but I guess that why the automatic was invented huh??/ lol Or maybe just a good old 12 gauage has worked on many quail and pheasant......Dont see why not....

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
All you need to build an anti-drone is a standard R/C helicopter and an automatic shotgun...

...here's one that was made earlier

[edit on 26-11-2007 by citizen smith]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
How Did the Media Know all about this and know where to find this test flight Demo Drone.....? Some one tip them off from the inside...? Well here is more proof Big Bro looking in on us.... God Bless America!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join