It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurofighter Typhoon vs Bugatti Veyron!! Video!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I was watching TOP GEAR a few nights ago and an interesting segment came up where the hosts were testing the Eurofighter Typhoon against the second fastest production car on the planet.

The Bugatti Veyron has over 1,000 horsepower, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, and a top speed of over 250MPH.

The challenge is, the Veyron has to go one mile down a straight runway, brake, turn around, and get one mile back, before they Typhoon can take off, climb one mile, turn around, and come across the same line.

Believe it or not, the race is very close.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I saw that episode of Top gear aswell, both the Eurofighter and the Veyron are awesome machines!

The result may have been different had Jeremy 'POWER!!!!!!' Clarkson was driving lol

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
You get Topgear in the states? (am guessing thats where u are) or did you just see it on youtube?

Did you enjoy the one where they had to drive from Florida to Texas? :p

tis a good show

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

I'm from the states, yes, but my dads British. You can find the episodes on BitTorrent.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Great find - missed that ep , and to see hamsters face when the jet lights up - the noise must have been astonding

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Link stopped working..

Found it!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i like this version of it (amateur recorded)

www.youtube.com...

wow what an amazing machine the typhoon eurofighter is

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
That car did not fly that was so dumb, the car had no wings in that experiment so how could it have been fair trial, that's what my scientists would say.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
top gear is the greatest show that has ever been made for tv, i feel sorry for the countries that dont get it, it is beyond awesome the one where thay had to turn their cars into boats was amazingly funny, how cool would it be to end your day and tell the missus " yeah today i raced a bugatti veyron against the eurofighter, and i am now off to the bathroom to look in the mirror and admire myself in my underpants, adieu"

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Reminds me of the time that they raced the new SRT-10 Dodge Viper against a Lockheed Martin F-16.

As far as I'm concerned, the Veyron is the FASTEST production car on the planet. I don't think the CCX-R went production yet.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I watch Top Gear here in the states. Good stuff

I like watching the celebs trying to race around the track for the best time. Some of them have damn near killed themselves.

What a job to host Top Gear! Getting to test drive some of those dream machines must be amazing.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
For people who enjoy Top Gear's stunts, like myself, I see they have launched a DVD with, amongst all the others, the Reliant Robin Space Shuttle adventure!
AFAIK it is only available on Region 2 but, for US fans, region hack codes for most DVD players are freely available on several websites

edit as I think my keyboard is making up its own spellings

[edit on 4-12-2007 by waynos]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

The Reliant shuttle was hilarious and amazing that it even got off the ground. I was quite impressed at how well it performed. Almost looked like the real deal. If the controls had worked better they may have pulled it off.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
reply to post by waynos

The Reliant shuttle was hilarious and amazing that it even got off the ground. I was quite impressed at how well it performed. Almost looked like the real deal. If the controls had worked better they may have pulled it off.
I'll point this out just for the sake of argument, a bolt didn't let the shuttle separate. Although if the RC model they used to simulate what the shuttle would glide like is any indication, it wouldn't have made a difference because it'd track level to the ground...as it dropped straight down.

Long live Top Gear and their adventurous spirit. Let it ring out from every corner of the globe:
"Ambitious, but RUBBISH!"

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I watched the Areil Atom episode online last night. I couldn't stop laughing at what that car did to his face when accelerating. I wonder if those cars are legal here in the States?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yes. Atoms are coming to America!

Now to wait for the Caparo T1 to do the same. The Caparo is quicker than a Veyron in short bursts, even though its top speed is only 205 MPH, and at speed, it turns almost like an F1 car in terms of sheer tightness and lateral G-pulling. Extra agility would be the difference between a photo finish win for the car and a photo finish loss for the car.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here's a vid of Top Gear's famous space shuttle stunt ... one of the most amazing editions of Top Gear I've ever seen.

Background - They took a quirky British car, called a Reliant Robin, stripped it down, added wings & a tail and that became the shuttle orbiter. Some University boffins developed the rocket engines.

Yep, that's right. They're launching a car on the back of a couple of rockets.

Tragically it didn't go quite to plan ... so near yet so far ...

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join