It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: SImple Man - shearder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
PODcast:

SImple Man - shearder

A Lynyrd Skynyrd song attempted with out of practice fingers and a brain that no longer functions like it used to LOL

length: 03:53
file: btsmpod_2674.mp3
size: 3645k
feed: btsm

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Woohoo! Another great track Shearder.
One of these days I'll get the nuts to do a track for the ATS Jury.
Maybe a cover too before any original stuff.

Hey what about an ATS 'X factor!!'..
Can I be Simon.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Woohoo! Another great track Shearder.
One of these days I'll get the nuts to do a track for the ATS Jury.
Maybe a cover too before any original stuff.

Hey what about an ATS 'X factor!!'..
Can I be Simon.

hehehe thanks AGENT_T much appreciated bud!

Yeah ummm... you can be Simon LOL
What would the X-Factor be? hmmmmmm...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Nice shearder, though I'd have rather it'd been done minus the reverb and such.

... prolly woulda been cleaner, clearer... more reminiscent thereof.

THANX!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Absolutely! i was messing with putting the amp and processors through the PC. I wanted reverb on the guitar only and just a little "presence" on the voice. The guitar processor was maxing the gains on the input through the sound card so i bypassed and looped the rack mount processor through the PA and tried to minimize effect to voice without the guitar overpowering it but i will try something different next time LOL

Thanks for the criticism - it is all good and i use it
been a while since i used my equipment and it is like learning all over again hehehe hmmmmmm... perhaps the wife will get me a recording sound card and a new PA for Christmas
yeah right!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Very good and different. But different isn't always bad, very cool!!
It still isn't Ronnie Van Zant that I dearly miss and would of loved to see singing today.
But still very good in your own style. Like to hear more and maybe something original.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Thanks Solarskye - much appreciated. Yeah i should have kept it clean. You know retrospection is 20/20 vision. LOL

Yeah the original is the bomb. I should have kept it "clean" - hmmm... something original? I have many talents but song writing skills are not one of them hehehe...

Thanks again. Criticism is good and I take it to learn with. Hell I guess no one is too old to learn hehehe. I have been playing guitar, though rusty now, for around 22 years - and still learning. Thanks a TON for the post.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I play too, but I can't sing at all.
I like to play around and entertain myself, but to try to entertain a crowd will only cause a riot and beer bottles would be flying. I like playing old stuff like Wild World, Ziggy Plays Guitar, Can't You See, Rocky Raccoon, Ventura Highway etc... Everyone I know likes today's Rock so I just play for myself. I started late in life playing guitar and can only dream of being an Ace Frehley or Slash.

But you keep going and singing sounded good.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Ah don't worry too much about not being able to sing. We all have talents that others don't have. We just need to use them. I also like the old stuff. I like blues and some classic rock etc. I am very much a laid back sort of musician hehehe

Thanks for the compliment

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Enjoyed it very much. You keep getting better.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thanks a stack intrepid bro. Means a lot. I guess doing this is getting me back in practice and the criticism goes a long way, positive or negative.

getting back on form LOL - thanks again for the listen.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Shearder! Wow, didn't know you had so much talent! Great track!

Now can you be so kind as to send me your album duly autographed? You know, I've become a fan of yours! Pretty cool voice, what?

I can imagine you singing underneath the mango tree beside your swimming pool and strumming away in G minor with a lot of majors, flats and sharps thrown in, with a glass of chilled beer as company! Oh man, you rock!!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Shearder! Wow, didn't know you had so much talent! Great track!

Now can you be so kind as to send me your album duly autographed? You know, I've become a fan of yours! Pretty cool voice, what?

I can imagine you singing underneath the mango tree beside your swimming pool and strumming away in G minor with a lot of majors, flats and sharps thrown in, with a glass of chilled beer as company! Oh man, you rock!!

Cheers!

Mike, needless to say i am a fan of your's too. Thanks so much for the compliments - i am honored and flattered!! No the song is a cool idea at the swimming pool but what interests me most is the chilled beer hehehe...

Errrr... album? Oh i wish hey - unless you know someone who will contract me hehehe - enough to keep me living comfortably

I did an elton john track not too long ago. here

Thanks again for taking the time to listen bud.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

Amazing! I kinda like Elton John. One of my favorites!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
Thanks again for taking the time to listen bud.

Amazing!
I kinda like Elton John! Your voice seems so much like my first cousin's. This guy is so fond of music that he's taken a 10 year sabbatical from his company, Art Technology Group (ATG), Boston which he has co-founded, is the President and CEO. He's taken his group with him to Hawaii to make music, as he says! Darn! That's what I call Crazy!! This guy needs to be sent to a shrink, what?
Say's, If music is the food of love, play on...

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Man i would LOVE to do something like that but i wouldn't be able to pay the bills hehehe
I actually need a new microphone. I am sure that this one has lost tone if that is at all possible. lol or maybe it's just me hehehe

thanks again for the post Mike.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Wow man that was really ccol! I really enjoyed that! Play us some more brutha!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Wow man that was really ccol! I really enjoyed that! Play us some more brutha!

thanks kleverone! Glad you enjoyed

I will add more as soon as i can. Man time is at such a premium these days. I still need to do "a pirate looks at 40" as i promised, some time ago, to intrepid.

Thanks for the listen bud.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
very good,,

I happened to enjoy the difference... reverb and all

do u have more?

top topics

join