It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Flaming head' Alien on Brazil Roadway!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I cought wind of this on another site and thought I'd post it here...

A few kids were on a Joy ride in Brazil with video recorder in hand. As they blaze down the highway, something odd was seen standing on the side of the road. At the end its played again in slo-mo and a few of the frames are bone chillingly clear.

At first I thought it was a statue or something but upon closer inspection it almost appears to be following them with its head and slightly moving/rotating. Surely its a hoax of some sort but thought I'd post it up anyhow...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Was this a repost or something??

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I remember seeing something similar so it might be a repost.

However, the whole video seems like a deliberate setup in my opinion. And in slow-mo the face seems too clear compared to the blurry image you get in full speed.

Interesting video though.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

As far as I know it is not a repost, just uninteresting.

Trying to identify something on the side of the road, at night, while a car passes it at almost 180km/h is going to be a difficult job, but calling it "Alien" is just speculation, for what we know it can be just part of a bilboard, for example.

In conclusion, just one more useless YouTube video.

PS: the translation from the original title would be "Strange creature on the 'Marginal Pinheiros'". 'Marginal Pinheiros' is the name of the road.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.

[edit on 25/11/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Good find, I have never seen it...... definately interesting.....trying to find an explanation for it. Flagged and starred

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Lol... I would say a certain hoax. Why? Because in the slow-mo, it look like 2D sprite following the camera POV... The position is the same, but the sprite re-orient itself so it become closer to the pole without actually moving. A 3D object do not behave like this. Not to mention the slow mo look much clearer than it should be: its clearer than still photos of UFOs and aliens!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Lol... I would say a certain hoax. Why? Because in the slow-mo, it look like 2D sprite following the camera POV... The position is the same, but the sprite re-orient itself so it become closer to the pole without actually moving. A 3D object do not behave like this. Not to mention the slow mo look much clearer than it should be: its clearer than still photos of UFOs and aliens!

Yup, it's totally fake...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ummm....why would an alien have a flaming head??

You would think that if they are technologically advanced enough to get here from another planet that they would be advanced enough to know that having your head on fire is a very bad thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I would say this thread fits in the paranormal studies.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies!

I also found it to be a certin hoax, but there is a coupple of frames that were a bit interesting to me and thought I'd share it. I'm not sure about how or why it was created but due to the speed of the car and the camera angle, I cant really pinpoint as to how it was done.

What I can see, though, is something very odd on the side of the road that seems to 'watch' the car go by....

Thanks again, Ron.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The "creature" is a CGI character made by the artist Eduardo Schaal for Trattoria di Frame productions, São Paulo, Brazil
www.ceticismoaberto.com...
/yregrg
www.eduardoschaal.com...

(When ArMap will come back maybe will translate it)

The producer of the cgi revealed it here
neminventonemaumento.zip.net...

providing this link
www.curupiraofilme.com.br...
... which no longer works.

The guy who made that CGI also made this other one:

[edit on 25/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

OK, now I officially give voice to the fact that internos must be an alien AI hiding out here on ATS. You find answers to things way to fast to be human, and you provide the links, too. Besides, you're not lazy enough to be human.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thats really creepy.
At first look it doesnt seems fake.

The guy (who spotted it at the video) sounds really surprised.
You can hear him raising his voice as they approach the "thing".
He was like:

Olha isso, OLHA ISSO...Caraaaalho.
(translation)
Look at this, LOOK AT THIS...F******

By going pause/play at the youtube player, the "thing" looks pretty real too, the shadows seems too match the environment.

Would be nice if we could see a bigger version of the video with the afterwards dialogs.

PS.
The comments there say that it was Death waiting for them, but they were so fast It had no time to harvest their souls....lol

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
the video looks all movie like..its super clear and good quality...i doubt its real

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
the video looks all movie like..its super clear and good quality...i doubt its real

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Internos, you're an artist at finding sites.

My translation from the first site mentioned, www.ceticismoaberto.com (translated would be www.openskepticism.com)

Many think that it could be somebody with a costume, but a closer look at the video shows that there is fire on its head. We commented about the video on our blog, and Marcus Pontes soon disclosed that he knew "the explanation for the 'flaming head'. Some years one Brazilian moviemaker wanted to make a terror movie with the "curupira", and he floded the Internet with videos and other false information to create something of an urban legend. I do not know how the project ended, but you can see here another fake clip". Shortly after Marcus found the original blog where the moviemaker divulged its videos and disclosed it to be a film: neminventonemaumento.zip.net...

Alexandre Camargo also commented on the discussion list of CeticismoAberto : "I did not know this clip, but it really is a digital work: the "creature" is the main personage of a short terror movie produced by the 'Trattoria di Frame' (in São Paulo), where I worked some years ago. The designer of the creature is the artist Eduardo Schaal".

Thanks to Marcus Pontes and Alexander Camargo for clarifying the origin of this digital work. Visit the original blog about the "curupira" for more videos and images: neminventonemaumento.zip.net...

The Curupira is a mythological creature from the Brazilian forests.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well, I guess thats that then, nice work!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
WOW!!! interno's I vote you way abovetopsecret's investigator award of the year. Can I come see your planet?

Good job to armap, always on your toes. I would of figured it out if you would of given my another minute.
j/k.

Denying Ignorance at it's best here on ATS!! I'm always amazed at how quick and smart people here are.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Between armap and internos we can get the fastest information, with links and pictures and a lot of good logic on almost anything. What a team!

If they just don't decide to put their awesome talents to work and take over the world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join