It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual tree formation or some unknown creature

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Looks like a hornets nest to me. May have already been suggested but for some odd reason I cannot read/see all the posts, they are blank.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MaatiHemet

Great pics, my nephew has a tree in his front yard with one of these on it, everyone laughs at it because the shape of it actually looks like a giant butt, LMAO!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Thanks for the suggestion. Nope, you're the first who'd suggested it could be a hornets nest. That would be a helluva of a huge nest. Curious how big they can get and if they could survive winter there.

I think the elevation there is at least 3000'. While not really cold it would be a bit below freezing most of the winter. The snow pack makes the road only accessible by snowmobile in the winter.

So, since I have not been back since last winter I wonder if it would still exist if indeed it is a hornets nest.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Nice pic...funny that when I looked at it I noticed something completely different.. see your re-posted pic..and note the small red box in the top right of the pic...vividly looks like a demon head..

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I don't know about where you live, but I found hornets nest from this area, in Little River Canyon, Alabama, just over the state line years ago. It was as big as my whole back seat. Actually it's a pretty funny story, we found it in winter, and my ex hubby said the hornets were not in it. Yes they were. And they quickly became the owners of a 1977 Monte Carlo. I got out of the car and let them have it, the car rolled off the side of a steep cliff, never to be driven again.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
its looks like branches with a head of those parasites from clover field 2 me

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Okay I'm going out on a limb here

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
uhm just looks like alot of tree stuff... ents?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's Godzilla! It's Godzilla!

Oh, wait... It's a tree.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join