With 50 – 60 decapitated sheep heads on spears, blood and a naked, crucified girl, the Norwegian black metal band Gorgoroth held a concert on Polish
national television. The Catholic Poland is in riot, and the police are investigating the scandal.
The concert of the black metal-band Gorgoroth is making headlined in the national polish media. The band is suspected of awaking a religious offence,
which is punishable with up to two years in prison. In addition to this, the police are investigating the band for animal abuse.
- There where blood all over the scene. About 50 decapitated sheep heads and naked living human beings on huge crosses. Everyone was painted with 100
liters of sheep blood. In addition, there where satanic symbols everywhere. One of the crucified female models passed out, and they had to call an
ambulance, says Andrzej Jeziorek.
Andrzej Jezikorek is the director of the studio the national channel TVP was airing the concert from
- The people working with the concert were frightened and shocked – I just had to call the police on the Norwegian musicians. Things like this should
not be uttered on national television – and especially not in Krakow, the city of the Pope, says Andrzej Jeziorek.
Gorgoroth came on as the last of four foreign bands. Before the concert it was said that it was going to be special. The scene was rigged behind a
curtain because the Norwegian bands act was supposed to be a secret.
- It most certainly was for all of us... I wanted to abort the concert, but I didn’t, because 300 tickets had been sold. We feared a riot from bloody
fans in ecstasy, says Jeziorek.
Inspector Miroslawa Kalinowska-Zajdak at the Krakow Police confirms that the band has been reported and that an investigation is going on. The police
have gotten hold of the decapitated sheep heads, as well as the concert footage.
- The footage with all the lyrics of the band is being analyzed in regard to possible satanic content. We have not yet taken the musicians into
custody, but we will contact the Norwegian police after our analysis are finished, says inspector Miroslawa Kalinowska-Zajdak.
Local sheep blood
The concert was arranged by the polish company Metal Mind Productions, who wanted to release the concert on DVD
- Artists all use different forms of expression. I don’t see anything wrong with this. The sheep heads and the sheep blood was purchased at the local
slaughter, the way the band wanted it, says director Tomasz Dziubinski in Metal Mind Production.
Sourse: VG (Verdens Gang. Norwegian Newspaper)
This is more or less a translation of a Norwegian article published on www.vg.no...
Original article (with picture): www.vg.no...
[Edited on 4-2-2004 by AntiSystem]
[Edited on 4-2-2004 by Nerdling]