It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez... man or donkey?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I use the word donkey, of course, as a mild, agreeable replacement for the word "ass".
It strikes me as a surprise (and slightly amusig) that our friend Hugo can call anyone a fascist (i.e. the ex president of spain) And still condemn people who oppose his new policies as "traitors".
(source)
So whats the deal Chavez? Making revisions to the Venezuelan constitution to essentially make yourself presidente por vida (thats spanish for "president for life") and giving you power for a total media blackout in times of "national emergency" sure smell faintly of fascism to me. In total, 69 revisions basically take power away from the people and dump it into the government and, up until very recently (source)
the voting for the referendum has been "yeah Hugo, go for it!" (thats obviously not a citation).
Well, Felipe had it right i say. "Y porque no te callas". Or, even better, tell us how you plan to shorten the work day and provide pensions for street vendors, all while maintaining a stable economy in a Venezuela that will most likely not experience an oil revenue boom like in the last ten years for a while. So what happens to the pensions when the money runs out Chavez? Will that mean a state of national emergency, and total media outage? Now im not much for politics, but this all seems a little strange to me. Oh well, im sure everything will work itself out in the end. I trust in people's morals.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
He just found the largest resource of oil on earth. Yeah, he sucks. But Bush will be sucking him soon. You know how this works. Cheney pulling double duty.

I said dooty.

new topics

join