It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are souls restricted to earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Have you ever thought that souls are restricted to this planet? Have you ever thought about why ghosts, things that, I think, are souls, stay on Earth and are not able to leave the planet? My information on ghosts tells me that ghosts are sometimes trapped in houses and the like. Why is this? Aren't souls supposed to be pure energy? Is gravity so strong that it forces souls to stay on Earth? Let's look at this without a religious point of view, for now.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Where a soul 'hangs out' is directly proportional to the belief system of that soul.
If they refuse to believe they have passed over they will stay where they are trying to function as a live being.....if they believe that something they owned whilst alive is SO IMPORTANT they can not and will not leave it behind they will stay around this physical item kind of like a guard haunting it......
If a person believes they will be 'met' by a certain specific individual after death they may hang around forever waiting for said individual to show up.......when in fact the waited for individual MAY have moved on into another learning experience without looking back.
Very stubborn souls are the ones still hanging around....they are determined to PROOVE themselves right and in so doing are punishing themselves by not being open minded enough to see other possibility's beyond what they believe to be true.

Souls are NOT relegated to be stuck on earth.........while traveling out of body a soul can go many places off the planet and beyond the planet......

[edit on 24-11-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
"There's no place like home".

EDIT: Geh.. one line post.

*Self-disciplines*

[edit on 24-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I like that answer theRiverGoddess
. Thanks for that!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Incorporeal states

I believe that within our physical world interdimentional pathways exist. These routes could be exploited by souls and spirits who are aware of their incorporeal existence.
Maybe some souls/spirits are able to fully comprehend that windows or eddies exist and utilise these to transpire through these membranes back to where they feel they belong. These transpire into visitations and occassionally manifestations where their presence becomes visible.
Without doubt, some souls/spirits will return to a familiar place to look in on the family. Some may stay whilst others accept that circumstances have changed and return to the void.
It is likely that those entities who choose to return and root themselves back into our world have unfinished business here. When their task is done I believe they return to their world where they belong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Spooooooky or what? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
earth is in the material world. spirits exist in an entirely different world so in a sense, spirits and souls don't exist in a material world unless they have a material vehicle to get around in (your body).

i am a firm believer in dimensions existing on top of each other. i think science has it all wrong. they keep looking out for answers with lunar probes and hubble telescopes when they should be looking within.

the final frontier is not space nor the ocean, it's the human mind.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
What if there are not only parallel universes but multiple universes? Your spirit which I believe is a form of energy would allow you to be able to visit vast amounts of universes and parallel universes. The afterlife could be like a good dream or a nightmare.

I'm not going to ponder to much into what comes next.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by cloakndagger]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
What if there are not only parallel universes but multiple universes? Your spirit which I believe is a form of energy would allow you to be able to visit vast amounts of universes and parallel universes. The afterlife could be like a good dream or a nightmare.

I'm not going to ponder to much into what comes next.

i think you have it right when you speak of multiple universes because a universe can be summed up as a dimension. you can ponder, don't be afraid. it does sound like something out of the Twilight Zone.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Perhaps we are arrogant and self-centered to believe that we each posess a soul individually. Perhaps the Earth has shared little portions of its own soul with each of us, and it will be returned upon mission completion.

Or perhaps David Icke is right. All the conspiracies and everything that is wrong with the world today are all steps in a pyramid of power with prison-warder Reptilians sitting at the top. That's right, Earth might be a prison for souls.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by jackinthebox]

top topics

join