It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA: 28DEC50 Los Alamos NM Sighting Classified Meteor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
NM_DEC_28_1950.pdf
Los Alamos, NM Sighting 28DEC50
Sighting of object over Los Alamos, New Mexico on December 28, 1950

Document date: 1950-12-28
Department: Unknown
Author: Unknown
Document type: report
pages: 6

Archivist's Notes: 10073 card legible, much of the remaining file is not. An inspector at Los Alamos witnessed a round bluish-green object with glowing tail which was determined to be a meteor.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This sounds like another report that might be part of the Green Fireballs sightings in the area of New Mexico in the late Forties. They were seen across New Mexico and were investigated by Dr. Lincoln LaPaz. Most were classified as meteors, and for the most part I would agree, but I just wonder why this phenomenon was so exclusive to New Mexico.

Why weren’t they seen anywhere else?

Related FIOA Documents:
FOIA: Green fireball over TX, NM, AZ causes investigation for impact point
Project Twinkle Final Report

Related ATS Discussions:
The Green Fireball Mystery of New Mexico

Related Links:
TinWiki article: Green Fireballs
Wikipedia article: Dr. Lincoln LaPaz

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This, like many other reports of "green fireballs", remains just another meteor mystery. Why would so many be noticed over Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona, and yet be relatively rare elsewhere?

One would think that these would have to have a high copper content, or some other property that set them apart. But the law of averages would make one think that these types would be randomly dispersed among all the others seen. And yet, year after year during the '40s and '50s we see these reports from one small area of green ones.

While I can see no reason to think that this case is anything but a meteor, I am stumped as to the nature of an event repeating itself so often in a certain location.

join