It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NUCLEAR WASTE DUMPED IN Sth Australia???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Now this isnt a definate but i did hear something from someone i know in regards to this and wanted to see if anyone knew anything about this...

My friend is an active activist who was down in woomera during the protests there and various other protests around Australia.

He is of the opinion that the government is planning to dump the nuclear waste from the Lucas Heights Reactor somewhere in the deserts of south australia... they plan to transport the waste via semi-trailer... has anyone else heard fo this or is my friend just paranoid

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
i have heard of this. try searching on yahoo or google.

i know a person (my friends grandmother) who died from tumours caused by being exposed to radiation (from the nuclear tests in the 50's or 60's) when she lived in woomera, my friends mum and auntie are also affected by radiation (one has cists (sp??) the other has something else (cant remember exactly)

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by ausconspiracies]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
In my home state or South Carolina we have a facility that is used for processing and keeping nuclear waste safe. It ain't a big deal dude, chill out.

Personally I would not want anything to do with it, maybe Australians should man up and take an anti-nuke stance like their world-benchmark neighbors to the East.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
yeah i should've searched but my only net access is at work and i'm not technically allowed to surf so i keep my windows open to a minimum... but this guy (i wont mention his name for his safety) is taking about making a stance of sorts

DoD

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
they are planning to dump it in the maralinga test site's craters

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Perhaps you may find this useful ::

www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Check the links at the bottom of the story, some are
seriously related to this forum I should think.

/\/ight\/\/ing

top topics

join