It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast-Moving Wildfire Destroys Homes Near Malibu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Fast-Moving Wildfire Destroys Homes Near Malibu

www.foxnews.com

MALIBU, Calif. — A fast-moving wildfire destroyed about 20 homes and spread through the canyons and hills above Malibu on Saturday, forcing hundreds of residents to flee.

• Photos
  • Video
  • (visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
    www.cnn.com
    www.malibusurfsidenews.com
    news.yahoo.com
    www.malibutimes.com

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:26 PM
    link   
    Seriously? Again?! So is this "naturally" set or should we suspect arson...

I sure hope this one doesn't spread to the same proportions as our recent blaze. Those of you that are familiar with California fires and those of you that live there should weigh in with your opinions and forecasting.

www.foxnews.com
    (visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:42 PM
    link   
    Another one? When did the last ones finish anyway? I never really saw a "The fire is out!" report, the fire reports just kinda tapered off.

I had never heard of these Santa Ana winds until the last fires. As I can't recall California fires being reported on as heavily as they were this year, is it normal for these winds to occur this often?

It snowed here in KC today. Just a little salt on the quemadura.

If this is more arson they're tuned to the arrival of the winds.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:30 AM
    link   
    Last I saw, there were 49 homes burned and was confirmed that it was human caused...Interesting....I feel bad for those that just returned home and are now evacuating again...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:34 AM
    link   
    I'm curious, don't the park ranger/foresters there cut down trees for fire-breaks and clear the leaf litter every once in a while? This yearly California fires are becoming a joke. It's surprising that it continues to happen. And I thought Indonesia was bad...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:32 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Beachcoma

From what I understand, the Forestry Department is limited in their ability to cut down trees due to the achievements of environmental lobbyist groups. My understanding may be flawed though, as I do not live in California, nor do I pay much attention to their state-level political machine.

new topics

top topics

join