It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a skull on mars (not face)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
was looking around all day for ufo's on mars but i found this it looks like a skull i have always believed in lost civs. but now i have found proof i don't know if this is human or ET and there is no way a rock can form this way because with no water on mars it cant change shape like that

HERE IS THE NASA WEBSITE

[edit on 24-11-2007 by xbrendanx]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Holy crap!!! Did you make this up??? Seriously, if that is not photoshopped, or a picture of a skull on earth with red shading.... then this warrants further investigation!!!!

Good find!!!

Flagged and starred, my friend.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Holy crap!!! Did you make this up??? Seriously, if that is not photoshopped, or a picture of a skull on earth with red shading.... then this warrants further investigation!!!!

Good find!!!

Flagged and starred, my friend.

no i didnt
sorry i didnt before but now there is a link from the nasa website

[edit on 24-11-2007 by xbrendanx]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
personally i don't see anything special here. i think its another example of seeing faces in the clouds. i'd bet that if you saw this from a different angle, it wouldn't look like a skull anymore. its fun to think about the possibility though

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xbrendanx

Exciting stuff ... I don't think it's suposed to represent a human skull though.

If you look at the size of the eye-sockets incomparrison to the shape/size of the skull itself, they look smaller than the way they would look on a human example (just a thought) but if it's not a human skull that leaves only one other option

Maybe it was a sculpture that was left when the surface of Mars became inhospitable to it's lifeforms ... by way of letting any passing crafts know that the surface had become dead. (just another thought).

I say 'surface' simply because I haven't made my mind up yet, as to whether or not Martian Life became subterraneous when the surface became extinct.

I agree with your idea that a natural rock would not be rounded as this one appears to be without being tumbled by moving water for a conciderable time.

Ok, I just checked out the NASA photos and can now see that this would not have been particularly visible by passing crafts ... but it could still have come from a sculpture if it's not a real, fossilized Martian Skull.

Flag from me. Woody

[edit on 24-11-2007 by woodwytch]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There are half a dozen threads of this picture on ATS!

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is pretty cool. There it is in the original photo on the NASA site, in black-and-white, in the bottom-left quadrant.

I figure that there are now two possibilities:

1. The object which looks like a humanoid skull is a true, undoctored image and really is up there on Mars.
    If that is the case then you've got to wonder why NASA released it to the public. Did someone at NASA overlook it? And if they realized that it was there in the photo you'd think that they would've released it with some kind of possibly humorous disclaimer about the skull on the Martian landscape.
    If it really is a humanoid skull then I can't understand why this photo isn't locked away somewhere.

2. The object which looks like a humanoid skull was airbrushed into the photo.
    If this is the case, and it is on a NASA website, then who doctored the photo and why? Some mischevious NASA employee? Or could NASA have intentionally put in in there to keep ATSers occupied on this in order to keep them out of other stuff?

And I'm sure that additional levels of intrigue could be added on.

But, nevertheless, it is a pretty cool photo. I'm giving it a star and a flag also.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by looofo

I'm new around here and this is the first time that I've seen it. Any chance that you could point me to the other threads?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There was water on mars, at one point.
Wind causes erosion as well, remember- And mars has plenty of high winds with all their dust storms.
The skull would need to be fairly old- Why would it be so exposed?
In all likelihood, if you were going to find any proof of life of that sort on mars- If it ever existed for that matter, it'd likely be fossilized deep in the ground, or in a stone face somewhere.
Not well exposed on the surface.
Neat picture though.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noscitare
I'm new around here and this is the first time that I've seen it. Any chance that you could point me to the other threads?
Thanks.

Hi, Noscitare

I've found these two

Human Skull On Mars?

Is this a Humanoid skull on Mars ?

Hope it helps

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks, Internos. I couldn't but chuckle at one of the posts....this response from Sanctum --

Personally, i think it's a rock that resembles a skull.

It is an uncanny resemblance to a skull, though.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Noscitare

I've just been looking at the other images that internos posted, and when you look at the longer range shots it still sticks out like a sore thumb, because all the other rocks in the area are so jagged by comparrison.

Does this mean that there is a 'prankster' at NASA, as one of the other poster suggests ... or could it be something really special ?

Pity there are no pictures from other angles.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by woodwytch]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You could be interested to take a look at more pictures from Mars rovers:

Raw data from the rovers
From here you can get to every image that has been sent back from the Mars Exploration Rovers. By clicking on the links below, you will be taken to raw directory listings of images in folders that show the date the Exploratorium received the image. This may differ from the time the image was actually taken. You can figure out the real time by looking at the file names and interpreting the "spacecraft clock" code.

qt.exploratorium.edu...

To decode the file name, which includes the camera, filter, time, location, and more, see the README file

Spirit pan cam
qt.exploratorium.edu...

Spirit nav cam
qt.exploratorium.edu...

Spirit micro imager
qt.exploratorium.edu...

Spirit forward hazcam
qt.exploratorium.edu...

Spirit rear hazcam
qt.exploratorium.edu...

Spirit public info release
qt.exploratorium.edu...

Opportunity pan cam
qt.exploratorium.edu...

Opportunity nav cam
qt.exploratorium.edu...

Opportunity micro imager
qt.exploratorium.edu...

Opportunity forward hazcam
qt.exploratorium.edu...

Opportunity rear hazcam
qt.exploratorium.edu...

Opportunity public info release
qt.exploratorium.edu...

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
i also just found somthing like they are trying to block something out here
and here

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noscitare
reply to post by looofo

Thanks.

Here's a whole page of them!! Check them out. It's already been done to death!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The particular shape of that 'skull' reminded me of one I have seen on this web site.
www.starchildproject.com...

If anyone has posted that site before then this at least saves you the search..

but here also is an interview regarding same issue..
www.disclose.tv...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I see a panda bear...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It kinda looks like the Predator

When people say they see what they want to see, like looking in clouds, what they forget is that statement goes BOTH WAYS.

So, in return, they are not seeing what they wish to not see. It could be a skull, but, they so strongly wish to disbelieve anything ... all but NASA bringing it back and showing them a different DNA pattern, and possibly cloning it ... they won't believe

I believe there was life on Mars, but, no reason to go any further into it. I let people believe what they want, they will do so anyway.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Oh, no. Not this picture again. Has it been a month already? How time flies.

Boilerplate response:
Aside from it just looking a little like a skull, do you have any tiny, teensy bit of evidence to suggest that it might actually be a skull? Anything? Or do you only have the image?

Didn't think so.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist...When people say they see what they want to see, like looking in clouds, what they forget is that statement goes BOTH WAYS...

Come on, you know that pareidolia is the most plausible explanation.

Look at this pic. What would be easier to believe, that it's a natural formation, or that it was made by Indians who loved their ipod's? If that formation was in Mars, you guys would be freaking out!

As you said in your post, you see what you want to see.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Farnswoth]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join