It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carboni Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Text Green

Hi all, I wanted to comment on this lovey picture. the moent this showed up on APOD, i immediately started stalking Noel! he finally gave up and agreed to print his beautiful Moon for me. i purchased three copies as a gallery canvas. he picture of Noel holding theprint was a photo he madeto show me how th final would look before it arrived.

I purchased numbers 1, 2 and 12. number 1went to my firne, Dick Gordon, number 2 went to my friend Alan Ben and number 12 is hanging on my living room wall, adorned with signaturs from Moon Astronauts, NASA figures including Gene Kranz, Sy Leibergot, Gunter Wendt and many others as well as Space Ship One Astronauts.

Not only do I love this pic, but Dik and Alan both immediately hung theirs. As i understand it, Alan's is on the wall in his art studio. Way to go, Noel!

this is one of my prized possesions. my children know when i coc up my toes that they ar to make a COPY! of this pic, make it a poster and hav it mounted on the inner lid of my coffin! i have MANY pictures of the Moon and this is my absolute favorite! every person who signe it was thrilled to see it. fohealth reasons,i was not able to go with when it was signed. a friend took it for me. several of the Astronauts called me onhe phone as they signed it. i understandti caused quite a stir.

if you love the Moon this is the pic for you. it is lovely on your screen, it is STUNNING on your wall!
Astrophotography by Noel Carboni

karon
LunaLady

Mod Note: Starting threads in the News Forums Please Review Link.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lunalady

Welcome to ATS. It's nice of you to join our discussions. We're glad you came, and hope you stay and share your thoughts and ideas.

But LL, this would undoubtedly be more impressive to us if you could put up a link so we could see it, or upload it somehow.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think the OP is refering to the image at this website, there are to resolutions available.

Astrophotography by Noel Carboni

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ah, yes. Wonderful pictures indeed. Now I understand the OPs excitement.

Thanks for the link, sherpa.

Edit to add: OP, it's still a good idea to learn to link. I know I've had to be bailed out a few times here when I failed to do so. I learned how, sometimes, because there were things I didn't want to miss sharing with others.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Heck!.. your welcome NGC2736 and thank you kindly for the applause, thats the first time that has ever happened.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nice photos.

But I'll tell ya'.....of all of the astrophotos that I've seen....whether from Hubble, an earthbound observatory, Mars rover or any other space probe.....none of them have had the same effect on me as the time when I was a kid with an old Jason/Empire telescope in the backyard and saw Saturn for the first time with my own eye. I recall having just pointed the telescope at what I thought was an especially bright star and when I got it in the eyepiece I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

You're welcome. I did it because by posting the link, you were being helpful without chewing out the OP for not doing so. And the link itself took work on your part, and was a sign of effort to deny ignorance, which I like to see in folks.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ok thanks NGC.

To Karen aka Lunalady the image is colour saturated of course and not truly representitive of the moon but that probably does not bother you as I agree the end result is a stunning picture.

Welcome to ATS.

new topics

top topics

join