It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Masonic is London??? VERY (My amateur investigation for ATS)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Firstly I have to say this is an amateur investigation so forgive any mistakes or lack of knowledge but I think I've got the basics.

Background -

I work in Central London and in order to get from the train station to my office I have to walk approx. 1mile which takes about 10 - 15 mins. I dont cover a large area of London and I dont pass that many streets so this investigation covers a very small percentage of the city. Yet there is plenty to see in that short distance.

Recently I was reading up on the Masons and Illuminati and at first didnt give it much thought but then I started to realize when walking through London how Masonic it was and how it must have a meaning and point. Almost all the major buildings I pass seem to have some link with Masons, or I may be paranoid, lets see....

Firstly the area of London I cover -

And my route (red line) from the train station (Red box) to London Bridge -

< br />

My main point of the investigation is to take photos of some of the things I see on my route to work that I think are masonic and post them here for discussion and hopefully conclusion as to how Masonic London is.

However I haven't yet taken the pictures... so I started last night to investigate some of the buildings I think are Masonic and found some interesting facts. I started with Google Earth and the first building I pass on my route

1) The Clothworkers Company - directly outside the train station I arrive at.

Here's a picture from Google Earth of the court yard they own that I walk through and intend to post photo's of soon -

Note the Cross on top of the building in their court yard its a classic Mason cross, which you cant see from the ground and I never knew it was there until last night. Just type in Masonic Cross on google or even ebay and you will see the similarities.

I visited their website and I need say no more, they are masonic and they own very valuable properties in London, check them out. In particular check out their 'membership' page. It basically says you cant join unless you are a "son or daughter of a freeman". I will post photos of some of the Masonic structures they have in the court yard and surrounding buildings later.

I will go on to other buildings in later posts.... but one last thing I found on google earth last night, it just caught my eye as I was scrolling to the area I wanted and right next to where I walk is this -

I've outlined in red which is hard to see but you should be able to make out the Pyramid and eye... classic Masonic symbolism and can you guess what building makes the top point of the pyramid??.... The Bank of England. The streets that make up the pyramid sides are called Queen St and King St. I'm not sure if this is me looking at something that's not there but I thought its worth looking into. Check it out on google earth with these co's - 51 30 48.22 N and 0 05 20.30 W. Amazing.

To be continued...

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If you look hard enough, through what is basically a maze of lines and shapes, you can find whatever symbols you want to find.

Also, the statistician in me would point out that even if you divided London up and randomly selected a section to call this a random sample of the city, your population size is too large and your sample too slow to be able to generalize these..uh... "findings."

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I agree you can find any shape you want in such a city but my point is that the Bank of England is at the top of a pyramid with an eye shape above it... this has a link if you understand that the Banks are owned by supposed illuminati and this sign is part of their make up.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by II HAL II
Note the Cross on top of the building in their court yard its a classic Mason cross, which you cant see from the ground and I never knew it was there until last night. Just type in Masonic Cross on google or even ebay and you will see the similarities.

I sure wish I knew what a "Masonic Cross" is/was... And what significance would a "Masonic Cross" have for all the non-Christian Freemasons?

Google

Not much there.

Google Images

Not much there either... Seems like there is one site that uses the term "Masonic Cross' and well... If you are banking credibility on that site, it may be time to make a withdrawal.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

knights templar cross -

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24-11-2007 by II HAL II]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by II HAL II

Ummmm... You said "Masonic Cross" not once, but twice... Now you want to change it to Knights Templar... Fine by me... I have no problem blaming the Roman Catholic Church for anything.

Just to be clear:

Google

Google Images

I'm not seeing any correlation to Freemasonry.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

towards the bottom of the link it gives all the details of why the two are linked, here is one line -

"Templarism experienced a revival of interest in the eighteenth century through Freemasonry with a Scottish influence"

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hi II HAL III

Thanks for posting and for taking an interest in freemasonry. I have to agree with Mirthful though - it is very easy to see patterns that may not be there. Beyond patterns lies investigation. Beyond investigation lies Truth.

I have worked all over the City for upwards of 10 years, and have been a freemason for most of that time. I'll see if I can give you any insights into your investigation

Firstly I have to say this is an amateur investigation so forgive any mistakes or lack of knowledge but I think I've got the basics.

That fine - we all have to start somewhere.

I work in Central London and in order to get from the train station to my office I have to walk approx. 1mile which takes about 10 - 15 mins. I dont cover a large area of London and I dont pass that many streets so this investigation covers a very small percentage of the city. Yet there is plenty to see in that short distance.

I am very familiar with this part of London. I have worked at three locations within 100 yards of your route and visited numerous offices in the vicinity.

Almost all the major buildings I pass seem to have some link with Masons, or I may be paranoid, lets see....

Or there may be a third alternative - the media (and others) identify symbols as "masonic" which either are not masonic at all or not exclusively masonic. There is also an implicit assumption in your investigation that if it is 'masonic' then it must be 'conspiratorial'.

1) The Clothworkers Company - directly outside the train station I arrive at.

Note the Cross on top of the building in their court yard its a classic Mason cross...

A few observations.

1. There is no such thing as a 'mason cross'
2 The roof line you have identified looks a little like a Maltese Cross. There is no explicit masonic connection to the Maltese Cross.
3. Most of all, it looks like a roof.

I visited their website and I need say no more, they are masonic...

There is no connection between the freemasons and the Clothworkers Company.

It basically says you cant join unless you are a "son or daughter of a freeman".

Check out the difference between a freeman and a freemason. They are completely different.

I will post photos of some of the Masonic structures they have in the court yard and surrounding buildings later

I look forward to these.

I've outlined in red which is hard to see but you should be able to make out the Pyramid and eye... classic Masonic symbolism and can you guess what building makes the top point of the pyramid??.... The Bank of England.

You appear to have outlined Finsbury Circus, and a triangular series of streets in the City. I'm not sure what the point is that you are making here, as there must be dozens of oval-shaped circles in London, and literally thousands of streets that can be combined to make a triangle.

Furthermore the All-Seeing Eye is not exclusively a masonic symbol, and the pyramid is not a masonic symbol at all.

The streets that make up the pyramid sides are called Queen St and King St. I'm not sure if this is me looking at something that's not there but I thought its worth looking into. Check it out on google earth with these co's - 51 30 48.22 N and 0 05 20.30 W. Amazing.

OK. You got me. This is a spoof isn't it?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ok I will try to answer these -

1. I am implying there is a link between conspiracy and masonism (is that a word?) and I think these symbols I've highlighted are masonic
2. I agree there is no mason cross, i mean the templars cross that is linked to masons, which I highlighted in my post above with a link to wipikedia.
3.There is a connection between the clothworkers and masons in that both require a bloodline to get high up, they seem to wear similar rituarl clothing and when I post the photos you will see the main gates with pyramids on top and various other masonic symbols, they seem very connected to masonic ideas to me.
4.Freeman and Freemasons are different but it highlights the fact its a seceret society which requires a blood line, that seems odd for a clothworkers company doesn't it?
5.And with regards to the pyramid see my post above, my point is that the bank of England is supposed to be owned by the illuminati and masons etc. The bank of England sits on top of a pyramid with an eye shape above it which IS a masonic symbol, therefore worth a mention.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Wikipedia? Might as well be etched in stone for me... It just doesn't get any more solid or credible than user edited content.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Wikipedia? Might as well be etched in stone for me... It just doesn't get any more solid or credible than user edited content.

www.redcrossconstantine.org...
www.seiyaku.com...
hometown.aol.co.uk...
www.rosslyntemplars.org.uk...
www.templarhistory.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

1. I am implying there is a link between conspiracy and masonism (is that a word?) and I think these symbols I've highlighted are masonic

See my previous answer Hal. Symbols are not masonic because someone says they are. They are masonic when they are used within freemasonry and have a specific meaning. I don't dispute that the All Seeing Eye and the Triangle (not pyramid) ARE used in freemasonry, I just don't see what's so special about Finsbury Circus or any other random collections of roads that make up a triangle.

2. I agree there is no mason cross, i mean the templars cross that is linked to masons, which I highlighted in my post above with a link to wipikedia.

In what way is the Templars Cross particularly linked to masons? That cross is used hundreds of different ways by hundreds of different organizations. So even if it was deliberately designed in the roof pattern by the architect there is no indication that it is because on any number of organizations that might use the cross. But like I said, it looks more like a roof.

3.There is a connection between the clothworkers and masons in that both require a bloodline to get high up, they seem to wear similar rituarl clothing and when I post the photos you will see the main gates with pyramids on top and various other masonic symbols, they seem very connected to masonic ideas to me.

1. Freemasons have nothing to do with any bloodline - I think you've been reading too much Dan Brown. I can't speak for the Clothworkers but can you tell me how you reached the conclusion that they require a bloodline to get up, also what does "up" mean and what rituals and ritual clothing do the Clothworkers wear?

4.Freeman and Freemasons are different but it highlights the fact its a seceret society which requires a blood line, that seems odd for a clothworkers company doesn't it?

How does it highlight it? You've confused me.

5.And with regards to the pyramid see my post above, my point is that the bank of England is supposed to be owned by the illuminati and masons etc. The bank of England sits on top of a pyramid with an eye shape above it which IS a masonic symbol, therefore worth a mention.

And who told you that? I can't speak for the "illuminati" but the freemasons don't own the Bank of England. UGLE owns its own building on Great Queen Street and that's about it. It struggles to maintain the upkeep on that, which is mostly paid for by subscriptions from the members. The Bank of England is a central bank and as such is nominally owned by the Crown. It is controlled by the government of the day through appointees, which in turn is representing the citizens of the UK. So the Bank of England is not 'owned' by any private group.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

www.seiyaku.com...
hometown.aol.co.uk...

You are really confusing me. The link above are to a variety of sites, masonic and non-masonic, and show a wide number of crosses. One of the links is to a masonic Knights Templar site which alone has several different crosses on display, including a Christian 'Cross of Christ'. Does this mean Christianity is a masonic conspiracy? I am hopelessly adrift on what point you are trying to make.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Trinityman

I think we are already down to the "throw everything at it and see what sticks" tactic of "making a point." We started with the mythical "Mason Cross" and have degenerated from there.

Maybe there's a Beehive or a Sprig of Acacia, maybe a Pot of Incense somewhere in London... You know... A REAL Masonic symbol.

[edit on 24/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If everything with an all-seeing-eye qualifies as being Masonically-tied, then there's a number of Catholic churches I saw in Italy that must be Masonic beehives.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

1. The pyramid and eye I've pointed out at Finsbury Circus are not random because at the top of the pyramid is the bank of england, if it was a Pret I would agree its random, why the bank of england because it's SUPPOSED to be 'controlled' by the illuminati who follow Masonic ideas, I'm just pointing out that this could be true because it sits on a Masonic symbol.

2. The Tamplars cross because it sits in the same courtyard as the clothworkers, I'm just adding 1+1... all these things seem very linked to me.

3.I know they need a bloodline because on their own website it says you need to be the "son or daughter of a freeman to join". Its hear I also found out what they wear, try visiting their site, its all there..

4. Again from what I've seen the Illuminati do CONTROL the banks of major countries and again the Illuminti are linked to the Masons.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman

www.seiyaku.com...
hometown.aol.co.uk...

You are really confusing me. The link above are to a variety of sites, masonic and non-masonic, and show a wide number of crosses. One of the links is to a masonic Knights Templar site which alone has several different crosses on display, including a Christian 'Cross of Christ'. Does this mean Christianity is a masonic conspiracy? I am hopelessly adrift on what point you are trying to make.

I was replying to the other guy who was doubting the link between the templar cross and the mason cross... and even if it existed.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

I think we are already down to the "throw everything at it and see what sticks" tactic of "making a point." We started with the mythical "Mason Cross" and have degenerated from there.

Maybe there's a Beehive or a Sprig of Acacia, maybe a Pot of Incense somewhere in London... You know... A REAL Masonic symbol.

[edit on 24/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

I'm sticking to the points I originally made and I'm not thowing everthing....... that comes later.

Wow you guys are hard work.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Circling thoughts circling the drain... You previously stated "2. I agree there is no mason cross" in this thread, now you are back to saying there is one "doubting the link between the templar cross and the mason cross."

If there is no such thing as a "Mason Cross" how can there be a link to it?

Well?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
If everything with an all-seeing-eye qualifies as being Masonically-tied, then there's a number of Catholic churches I saw in Italy that must be Masonic beehives.

Yep coz thats what I said .... everything with an eye is Masonic (sarcasm)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join