It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, I will not vaccinate my children!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
How much you want to bet that I can show you that "third world" countries that don't get vaccinations get sick from contaminated water, food, and sewage systems.

But go ahead. Ignore the statistics. But don't blame your health habits on my children.

Since we didn't get the vaccinations this year, not one sniffle. While the others kids in the neighborhood got sick. My kids are healthy, and their natural immune system is taking back over.

My older daughter had terrible allergy outbreak for years.

Not this year.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I remember polio and smallpox.

So do I. Excellent post.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
But don't blame your health habits on my children.

Since we didn't get the vaccinations this year, not one sniffle. While the others kids in the neighborhood got sick. My kids are healthy, and their natural immune system is taking back over.

1. Okay, I won't. But keep your kids out of my kids' school.

2. Well, that's certainly scientific. A single datapoint. And we all know that anecdotes are evidence, right?

3. Vaccinations do not inhibit immune systems. There is not a single point of verifiable evidence suggesting that they do.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by The Good Reverend Roger]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Good Reverend Roger

So do I. Excellent post.

Good, so then you remember that you got one shot for each. Period. Remember that. Now how many shots? 10-20-30. Who knows. It's out of control.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by stompk]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

And you would stop me how?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Good Reverend Roger

So do I. Excellent post.

Good, so then you remember that you got one shot for each. Period. Remember that. Now how many shots? 10-20-30. Who knows. It's out of control.

Well, I cut myself at work, and didn't get tetanus. I think I prefer not to get tetanus.

So which vaccinations do you think are excessive? Mumps? Measles? Polio? Hep? Yellow fever?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Good Reverend, do you believe in the bible?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

And you would stop me how?

In my town/state? I wouldn't have to. Your kids would not be allowed to enroll.

I would vigorously oppose any school board appeal.

Like I said...you want to back out of society's requirements? No problem, that is your right. Jut do not be all butthurt when society then denies you its benefits.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Good Reverend, do you believe in the bible?

Apparently, you have me confused with a Christian reverend. While I am a man of the cloth, I do not follow the bleeding God.

I view the bible as a collection of histories, good advice (in parts), tribal myth, and warnings about a monstrous "God" that must be appeased with slaughter and sacrifice.

The Old Testament, though, is better reading than Sinbad.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh, OK. Your name is misleading.

# 2 Chronicles 16:12
And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.
2 Chronicles 16:11-13 (in Context) 2 Chronicles 16 (Whole Chapter)
# Job 13:4
But ye are forgers of lies, ye are all physicians of no value.
Job 13:3-5 (in Context) Job 13 (Whole Chapter)
# Mark 5:26
And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
Mark 5:25-27 (in Context) Mark 5 (Whole Chapter)
# Luke 8:43
And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,
Luke 8:42-44 (in Context) Luke 8 (Whole Chapter)

My religious reasons.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
ok, i'll give my thoughts on this. I have studied this issue for some time and here is pretty compellling evidence for me. First of all there is a HUGE mountain of evidence connecting the 1/64 kids born now with autism to the mercury AND OTHER PRESERVATIVES in vaccines. This huge growth in autism AND OTHER NEUROLOGICAL DISSORDERS very closely follows the huge additions in vaccines given to childrens recommended lists over the same time period. And as I said, its not just death or autism, there are a huge amount of new neuro diagnoses becoming prevalent since then such as ADD, ADHD, anxiety dissorders, etc all of which may be attributable to these injections.
One way to compare is by looking at similar occurances (autism, etc) in groups who refuse vaccines and other foreign invasive treatments for religious reasons such as the amish, where there have only been 3 documented cases of autism.
Of course correlation does not prove causation, so this alone my not be convincing for you...unless of course YOUR child was one of those with autism. But another thing to consider is that many people now are having success with treating autism (and reversing it, something most doctors claim is impossible) with chelation therapy...a therapy designed to remove heavy metals from the body.
You can also look perhaps at china's recent beginning of mass innoculations and compare that to their recent rapid climbs in autism.
A third thing to consider, not as to the danger of vaccines but rather to the efficacy, is wether they are worth taking as they are now found to be much less effective than reported. The CDC i believe claims flu vaccines to provide between 8-18% protection....and 80% of people who got the flu in '05 were vaccinated. Not exactly a worthwhile therapy considering that healthy eating and living and YES, vitamins can help prevent it much better.
as for vitamins, yes I personally use vitamins and had strep 3 months ago. I was treated by my naturopath with several huge doses of C (10g/day) and A (3 doses of 150k IU over 3 days) and my strep resolved in 4 days. Not bad for no antibiotics!

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
to add, one of the main problems with the people in this article is that most parents are not informed of their right to waiver, in fact this is often NEVER mentioned, neither by schools or doctors, which is essentially the same as stripping them of their rights. An arrest is when a person is given the IMPRESSION that their right to leave is restricted...in the same way, a person being given the IMPRESSION they have no rights to refuse is similar to having those vaccines Forced upon them.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Oh, OK. Your name is misleading.

No, it isn't. As I have said, I am a man of the cloth. Simply because I do not worship your God does not imply that my moniker is misleading.

As for your scriptural "evidence", I was under the impression that this was a debate about the SCIENCE surrounding the vaccination issue.

If you're just a Luddite, you should have said so.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
ok, i'll give my thoughts on this. I have studied this issue for some time and here is pretty compellling evidence for me. First of all there is a HUGE mountain of evidence connecting the 1/64 kids born now with autism to the mercury AND OTHER PRESERVATIVES in vaccines.

Then you should have no problem presenting credible evidence.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

to add, one of the main problems with the people in this article is that most parents are not informed of their right to waiver, in fact this is often NEVER mentioned, neither by schools or doctors, which is essentially the same as stripping them of their rights. An arrest is when a person is given the IMPRESSION that their right to leave is restricted...in the same way, a person being given the IMPRESSION they have no rights to refuse is similar to having those vaccines Forced upon them.

Untrue. An arrest is when the person's right to leave has been RESCINDED.

It is not the business of the "government" whether or not you choose to read readily available lists of your rights. No announcement is required, legally or morally.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
and as for polio, well my kung fu instructor had polio when he was a child and his legs atrophied all up. The doc told his mom he would never walk, but his mom (a curandera) knew better. She took him home and threw away the meds. THen each night she would wake him up several times to put him in a hot tub, then stretched his legs out and tied them to boards. It was painful yes, and difficult, but now he teaches kung fu! My point is only that conventional doctors dont know everything, they only know what the pharmaceutical companies teach them, and there are always alternatives.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Wow, another vaccine thread. I can't believe this is such a big issue.

I posted some good evidence that vaccinations DO work, it's in the 'Maryland Children Herded Like Cattle' thread.

It's amazing people actually expect you to believe videos like the one the OP posted and websites like 'wale.to'. And you say other people are fear mongering? These sites are the definition!

Are you really serious about these sources? Have you ever written a research paper? You'd be laughed at for using those sources.

Why would so many countries in the world spend billions of dollars vaccinating so many people if they didn't work? You really think it's some sort of conspiracy? An MMR vaccine costs about 80 dollars to make. How much are medical bills if you actually catch one of those diseases? If I was an evil pharmaceutical company I wouldn't even make vaccines; just let the people get the illnesses and make more money off that.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

and as for polio, well my kung fu instructor had polio when he was a child and his legs atrophied all up. The doc told his mom he would never walk, but his mom (a curandera) knew better. She took him home and threw away the meds. THen each night she would wake him up several times to put him in a hot tub, then stretched his legs out and tied them to boards. It was painful yes, and difficult, but now he teaches kung fu! My point is only that conventional doctors dont know everything, they only know what the pharmaceutical companies teach them, and there are always alternatives.

Anecdotes are not evidence. We have absolutely no way to verify this.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't think you can state categorically that vaccinations do not suppress the immune system. We don't know -what- they do, though it's thought they stimulate the immune system to produce the secondary response more quickly.

However it's now known that even minor things can affect the Immune system, including emotional distress (note how all field biologists now take time not to stress the animals they tag), and, yes, even sticking a needle in your arm (it activates certain parts of the clotting mechanisms) among other things, like activating Interleukins.

In addition it's not known if by stimulating the immune system that it will not cause a subsequent depression of it, later. The body is very 'steady-state'.

Remember when the good Dr McCoy would talk about the barbarism of 20th Century medicine? Well jabbing a needle in and injecting potential toxins into the body is quite crude.

It may turn out to be like punching a hole in the side of your car with a screwdriver in order to fill up your tank, when in reality you just don't know yet that you have an acceptable and harmless way to get the gas in there in the form of a gas cap. The body may have an acceptable way to gain natural immunity, but so far it's not known - metaphorically, it's hidden behind the rear license plate.

So there's ample reason to be cautious and to take perhaps a different route (through your family doctor, for instance).

[edit on 24-11-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Remember when the good Dr McCoy would talk about the barbarism of 20th Century medicine? Well jabbing a needle in and injecting potential toxins into the body is quite crude.

The body may have an acceptable way to gain natural immuntiy, but so far it's not known - metaphorically, it's hidden behind the rear license plate.

1. As crude as, say, waiting helplessly for the next epidemic?

2. "May". You can only work with what you know.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join