It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, I will not vaccinate my children!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I read an article a few weeks ago about the vaccinations and autism. It turns out the Amish have no cases of autism while the general population is growing. The Amish do not believe in receiving vaccinations and their children never get vaccinated. They showed the correlation because they had the data. You can try and Google autism and Amish.

Here is one article:
www.infowars.com...

[edit on 25-11-2007 by cloakndagger]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think you'll find the Amish had 3 cases of Autism in that study. 2 of which had received their shots (1 was a chinese adoptee if I remember correctly), the 3rd was unknown.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Speaking from the experience of someone who has had to get vaccines in order to stay alive, I can say that you are very fortunate if you feel you don't need one. Stop making them out to be ineffective and downright damaging however, as the opposite is true. Have you ever experienced the Flu off vaccine as opposed to On vaccine? There is a HUGE difference. How about more damaging diseases and illnesses? Unless you've experienced a severe illness with the vaccination as opposed to without it, you have no idea how important and crucial it is to obtain such a "pointless" shot.

You also take it upon your own responsibility that your child might contract an illness, which albeit only makes them sick for a week, but if spread to others with differing immune systems (some may even have a lowered immune system for a week or two depending upon any number of conditions, as all immune systems vary from time to time), that weakened individual might actually die from the very same illness.

There have always been side-effects pointed to as being potentially caused by certain vaccinations, but none have been proven. HOWEVER, the effectiveness of these vaccines in fighting against their intended illnesses IS proven. Each to their own I guess, but you really need to think of the bigger picture and not solely on whether you wish your own children to remain vaccine free. I also assume your children will never need to travel outside of the U.S., or be bitten by an animal, cut by a rusted piece of metal, or come into contact with a hepatitis infected surface.

[edit on 11-25-2007 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Funny that Polio declined at the same or better rates in countries that had no vaccinations. When one looks into the history of vaccines there is no real evidence that they work. And there is evidence that the harm and even cause that which they claim to prevent. But the sheeple heard they're necessary on the 6 o'clock news so it must be true...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

So don't take it personally, I'm not actually talking to you

mkay?

Good. Then don't talk to me...but apparently, that concept is too difficult for you.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stompk

**I'm sorry but that is just irresponsible and whimsical. And when dealing with your children's' health, just plain criminal.

The US health system is pathetic- cost and management wise, but the quality of the care is excellent. Are you saying every major medical university and half trained doctor is in on this "conspiracy"??

The recommended immunizations are there because they work and have been shown to work for years. If you have some complaints about a certain shot then please voice it, but to condemn all shots at the risk of your children is disturbing.

The internet is a great place to learn and research but don't make serious decisions based on what someone on Google posted. And please don't risk your kids health for some "possible" conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
All I know on this one is I believe our govt is not above sneaking disease in on us through vaccinations...."Remeber the blankets with small pox?"

Also I love the comments that tell other people that if they dont make their kids take the vaccines to keep their kids away from theirs and out of schools.....You guys have alot of faith in those vaccines dont ya/??

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I am so glad that ATS has taken up this thread. I was the editor for the film "vaccination-the hidden truth" and though just involved with the production I can vouch for the quality of the research and honesty of the presenters in the film. Made in Australia but based on intensive research internationally from accredited scientists.
As I remember the majority of negative cases were babies having their first or second injection and probably having a reaction to the formaldehyde used to kill the diseases being injected. The belief, simply put, of vaccinators is that it works because the "empty casings" of the disease give the immune system in effect a "shape" to practice on so that when the real disease is apparent the system is familiar and can respond appropriatly. Formaldehyde is in very very small amounts in the small volume given in the injection but to a baby in the process of massive growth is highly susceptable to this horendous poison. Its the same stuff
used in preserving specimins in jars.
But I am not a scientist,(I did two years of a science degree and bailed for TV) the people presenting "V-THS" are and the people they present as victims of the injections are genuine.
I could argue with the nay sayers here but the video says it better and more accurately than I.
What i found fascinating was the graphs showing the natural decline of diseases through better hygene and nutrition improving our immune systems, or at the very least lessening other factors and letting the body get on with its job. Had vaccinations made a real difference this would have showed in the graphs but there is no change in the lines.

There is so much money in medicine it is ripe for corruption and scare-mongering in the lust for profits.
There have been many demonstrated scare campaigns.

Watch the video.
video.google.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Alright guys, here's my problem, should I buy a Marshall MG or a Line 6 Spider amp?

HI UG!

----------------------------------------
Please read ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cw034
I wouldn't believe everything you read or see on TV. I did EXTENSIVE research before having vaccines given to my children....here are the conclusions I came to after reading tons of information both for and against....

1. No child over the age of 4 who was given their vaccines after that age have ever developed autism. So basically wait until after they are 4.

2. A doctor MUST treat your child whether they are innoculated or not.

3. The "dead" polio vaccine also known as the Salk vaccine has NEVER caused any side effect in children and can NOT give your child polio as the virus is dead. The live polio vaccine is the one that can give your child or those around your child polio if they aren't vaccinated or their titur is no longer effective. Go with the Dead vaccine.

4. Small poxs is basically erradicated except in the deep jungles of Africa. They don't even give this vaccination anymore because there are no cases of it.

5. Never give your child a vaccination when they are sick, or had been sick within 30 days of the innoculation.

6. If you don't want your child vaccinated sign the waiver. It's your choice.

7. If you child is given even 1 vaccine and then you claim the waiver, they can and will remove your child from the school unless you can prove that you have recently converted to a religion that does not believe in medical technology. Good luck with that one!

My daughter's pediatrician asks if she has been ill or ran a fever in the past 24 hours before offering a shot. Which is a far cry from the 30 days... that sounds like a much better plan.

That said, I am like stompk... I vaccinated my daughter until I researched enough to choose otherwise. I, too, live in Colorado. I signed the waiver and used it to enroll her in pre-school. The school has no evidence of any prior vaccinations, even assuming they did, they cannot require that I prove any religious reasons, as the waiver I signed was for personal reasons.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Look,

I have two autistic children.....

I have two blogs on my daily living with autistic children, and work and law school and homeschooling.....

Myself and many other parents and adult autistics who blog do not believe vaccines cause autism. My kids are vaccinated. We homeschool and do not have to but we do it because we want pur kids healthy.

True Autism is genetic and I am convinced of it. The kids have physical traits you can see when you look at them. Now, that statement is debateable as well and many disagree but that is how I feel.

I feel there are things that can happen to children that causes the "mimicing" of the traits but is not True Autism it self. Also, they are just diagnosing it more than they use to.

I am out the door to work now. I do not post much but this subject needs cleared up. We parents with autistic children love our kids. My kids are not "shells" of people but wonderful, bright and fantastic kids.

Vaccenate? You bet. They are all totaly up on there shots with no ill effects. They were autistic when born. They were made that way. They are cute and fantastic and the love of my life...I want them around a long time and healthy.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Please home school your children! Keep them away from other kids! I hope they live in spite of your decisions. Do you have a phobia of shots? Are you risking your childrens lives due to your own unfounded fears? Talk to a real MD and get qualified advice. Don't do this based on that film.

$500 bothers you? What is a child's life worth to you?

I'm old enough to remember Polio and I myself nearly died from both German Measles and Chickenpox. I got the Mumps at 13 and I tell you it was Hell!!!!!!!!!! I also remember how terrible Whooping Cough was. I still suffer from the results of two rounds of Pneumonia. All of those are preventable with vaccines now thank God.

Since I'm old enough I know for a fact these Vacinations work. Somebody has been lying to you.

You seriously almost died from the chicken pox? For real? That's sounds completely unbelievable to me.

As for me, my child will attend public school... without vaccines. My guess is she will continue to have the best immune system in her class. Strong, healthy girl... she spent 2 days in bed with me while I suffered from a raging case of strep throat... she didn't get so much as a minor sore throat. Most likely she will not pass anything onto your vaccinated child since she will most likely not get ill... and if she does... YEAH for the natural immunity she will build.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Vaccination does work. For instance, there is a vaccination for allergic reactions to bee stings. They gave all of the previously allergic patients the vaccination except for one. Guess which one had a reaction when they were all subjected to another bee sting?

**Edited spelling mistake

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Sublime620]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Speaking from the experience of someone who has had to get vaccines in order to stay alive, I can say that you are very fortunate if you feel you don't need one. Stop making them out to be ineffective and downright damaging however, as the opposite is true. Have you ever experienced the Flu off vaccine as opposed to On vaccine? There is a HUGE difference. How about more damaging diseases and illnesses? Unless you've experienced a severe illness with the vaccination as opposed to without it, you have no idea how important and crucial it is to obtain such a "pointless" shot.

When I was 12 (1977) there was a huge swine flu scare, everyone rushed down to get their shot. Unfortunately my mom made me get one too. I got the flu, along with 75% of my school mates and spent a week in bed. That was the only time I ever got a flu shot. 15 years later I caught the flu... it was bad. I seriously thought I was going to die, although I was not hospitalized. I fully recovered after about 2 weeks. So I know what you are talking about.

That said, I will never subject myself to a flu shot, why suffer every year for a mild version, when I might get a big version every 15 years or so?

Besides, everyone knows the flu shot is ineffective on the current strain...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
reply to post by Fiverz

Your point is well made.

Now if you would just be consistent enough to apply the same logic to the links drawn between vaccination and decline in certain diseases, then you would have to go back and revise your last sentence where you assert that the polio vaccine protects against polio, which of course has no conclusive evidence to support it.

I was being facetious ... sorry that didn't come across that way. I personally think for any one person the odds may be just as good of getting polio and/or having autism with OR without a vaccine. Hence the (vice versa). I don't think there's enough statistical evidence saying that vaccines are the -definite- cause of these problems, nor do I think there is enough statistical evidence saying that vaccines are the -definite- cause in the prevention of these diseases.

An aside ... no offense to you personally RogerT, but this board seems to be a bit to hasty to defend their own positions by slamming logic in others' ... often without taking the time to read over their post once or twice more. Then again, it also seems that some people have problems getting their point across (cough, me). I blame that on the peanut butter. But that's a whole different story ...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well, nobody is giving an inch here and I think I should join this heated debate. Personally, coming from a family with a ridiculous number of doctors in it (extended family), I am sure that I would remember if any of them opposed immunization. In fact, all there children are immunized and they even volunteer for special immunization drives.

But then again, that was an anecdote and its time for a few credible sources:

Polio immunization in India
Basically if immunization is ineffective, why the drop in polio cases? To quote "Polio which used to paralyse 350,000 people a year - a third of them in India - is on the verge of becoming extinct."

Polio in Canada As it says, "Eventually, poliovirus from Nigeria spread to a number of neighbouring countries with low routine immunization coverage resulting in the re-infection of 12 previously polio-free countries in Africa."

Canadian Govt. child immunization initiative "Diseases do not stop at borders. People can carry vaccine-preventable diseases into Canada and spread them to children who are not vaccinated." A reason why an un-vaccinated person is a potential threat.

Canadian Response to Autism claims A great FAQ for link between autism and vaccination, specifically the use of thimerosal.

A summation of findings by top Canadian Universities Points towards the link, or the lack of it, between autism and MMR.

IMHO, the argument here has more legal components than scientific. From what I see, people are arguing over whether they have the freedom of choice and whether the govt. is unacceptably interfering with their lives.

Also, to make clear where I stand, I am firmly in favour of immunization. I have seen first hand the effects of polio and TB, and I really think that immunization is the way to go.

Btw, for the question why flu shots dont work, it is because the influenza virus is very dynamic and its strain changes every year. This makes it really difficult to produce vaccines in time for distribution.

See it like a computer patch that is can only protect against viruses that are a year old, of course it will be ineffective against newer versions of viruses.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Good Reverend Roger
But keep your kids out of my kids' school.
[edit on 24-11-2007 by The Good Reverend Roger]

Ever thought about that the "immunized" kids won't develop signs of the disease, but could still carry the virus?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz

An aside ... no offense to you personally RogerT, but this board seems to be a bit to hasty to defend their own positions by slamming logic in others' ... often without taking the time to read over their post once or twice more. Then again, it also seems that some people have problems getting their point across (cough, me). I blame that on the peanut butter. But that's a whole different story ...

I apologise for the misinterpretation.

I replied to your post mainly because the post immediately following yours had interpreted your comments as a good pro vaccine argument, which I personally didn't think was so.

I thought it easier to reply to yours rather than their post, as it was the source of the confusion.

A better response from me would have been to ask a question rather than make an assumption. Sorry again.

Best
R

[edit on 26-11-2007 by RogerT]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by aussiespeeder

The editor of the video I posted?

Wow, that's cool.

It's an incredible video.

Even if only one of the 1000's of facts is right, it's enough for me.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

If you could supply a source or reference to this study, many of us would be very interested in looking at the procedures and the data. Much appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join