It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by RogerT
So don't take it personally, I'm not actually talking to you
Originally posted by cw034
I wouldn't believe everything you read or see on TV. I did EXTENSIVE research before having vaccines given to my children....here are the conclusions I came to after reading tons of information both for and against....
1. No child over the age of 4 who was given their vaccines after that age have ever developed autism. So basically wait until after they are 4.
2. A doctor MUST treat your child whether they are innoculated or not.
3. The "dead" polio vaccine also known as the Salk vaccine has NEVER caused any side effect in children and can NOT give your child polio as the virus is dead. The live polio vaccine is the one that can give your child or those around your child polio if they aren't vaccinated or their titur is no longer effective. Go with the Dead vaccine.
4. Small poxs is basically erradicated except in the deep jungles of Africa. They don't even give this vaccination anymore because there are no cases of it.
5. Never give your child a vaccination when they are sick, or had been sick within 30 days of the innoculation.
6. If you don't want your child vaccinated sign the waiver. It's your choice.
7. If you child is given even 1 vaccine and then you claim the waiver, they can and will remove your child from the school unless you can prove that you have recently converted to a religion that does not believe in medical technology. Good luck with that one!
Originally posted by Blaine91555
Please home school your children! Keep them away from other kids! I hope they live in spite of your decisions. Do you have a phobia of shots? Are you risking your childrens lives due to your own unfounded fears? Talk to a real MD and get qualified advice. Don't do this based on that film.
$500 bothers you? What is a child's life worth to you?
I'm old enough to remember Polio and I myself nearly died from both German Measles and Chickenpox. I got the Mumps at 13 and I tell you it was Hell!!!!!!!!!! I also remember how terrible Whooping Cough was. I still suffer from the results of two rounds of Pneumonia. All of those are preventable with vaccines now thank God.
Since I'm old enough I know for a fact these Vacinations work. Somebody has been lying to you.
Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Speaking from the experience of someone who has had to get vaccines in order to stay alive, I can say that you are very fortunate if you feel you don't need one. Stop making them out to be ineffective and downright damaging however, as the opposite is true. Have you ever experienced the Flu off vaccine as opposed to On vaccine? There is a HUGE difference. How about more damaging diseases and illnesses? Unless you've experienced a severe illness with the vaccination as opposed to without it, you have no idea how important and crucial it is to obtain such a "pointless" shot.
Originally posted by RogerT
reply to post by Fiverz
Your point is well made.
Now if you would just be consistent enough to apply the same logic to the links drawn between vaccination and decline in certain diseases, then you would have to go back and revise your last sentence where you assert that the polio vaccine protects against polio, which of course has no conclusive evidence to support it.
Originally posted by The Good Reverend Roger
But keep your kids out of my kids' school.
[edit on 24-11-2007 by The Good Reverend Roger]
Originally posted by Fiverz
An aside ... no offense to you personally RogerT, but this board seems to be a bit to hasty to defend their own positions by slamming logic in others' ... often without taking the time to read over their post once or twice more. Then again, it also seems that some people have problems getting their point across (cough, me). I blame that on the peanut butter. But that's a whole different story ...