It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you discovered comfort in Chaos?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Let me begin by mentioning that I believe something very significant will occur during the prime years of the lives in those of my generation.

In the earliest years of my life, I remember relishing in the moments of pure chaos in our family, cities, and world.

Isolation from electricity always gave me a thrill. Even driving away from home on cold winter nights and realizing that, "if the car broke down, we'd be screwed" kind of feeling was totally natural to my existence.

I wonder that if our generation was one placed here to endure the most terrific chaos we could imagine in society. Are any of you feeling as if you have been prepared spiritually for chaos?

Do you even feel comfort when the electricity goes out during a storm?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have to say that somewhere inside me I have the same feeling you describe there. Not exactly like that, but close.

I also feel like, in my lifetime, this world will change significantly, not only technologically, but also, more importantly, spiritually.

So you are right, there might be a lot of chaos before that leap in awareness happens and a new paradigm starts. Honestly I do believe we need something really big to change our perception and values.

We are all slaves to money and consumerism. We need to break this chain and set ourselves free. If we fail, we will live in a dark, dark world, much worse than this one.

We can change everything. Free will, you know. Be careful for what you wish.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
well... the electricity is always being cut in this part of the world. And it sux. I don't enjoy it, I'm just inured to it..

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Electricity going off: At home, not so much a good thing. At work or school, HOORAY!

And as for your question, very much so. I've also had frequent dreams about a "global crisis" type situation, and in these dreams I have a feeling of excitement that's hard to describe. In the dreams I'm usually with a group of friends, trying to find some other friends and head out of the city. Sometimes in vehicles and sometimes on foot. Sometimes in underground tunnels with villages in them. And a feeling of, no matter how hard life is from this point on, there's no more BS!!! NOW survival is about how well I can survive - not how well I can punch a clock on time.

I know that in reality, if there is ever a situation like that I'll probably be scared to death and deliberately separated from my friends - they'll be in the other Walmart Concentration Camp. I'll get stuck in the one on the south side.

But yes. Comfort in chaos. Those words caught my eye so that's my two cents.

new topics

top topics

join