It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. presidential candidates struggle to gauge public mood on Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

U.S. presidential candidates struggle to gauge public mood on Iraq

www.iht.com

WASHINGTON: Now that violence in Iraq is abating and other issues are consuming more of the presidential debates, political activists are wondering if the war will prove to be the defining issue that Democrats have long assumed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I stumble upon this article and although the premise I think has some validity I don't think that their still a major public support for the war still.

Yes some considerable progress has been made in Iraq on the past couple of month but not to the point that is going to become less of an issue in the coming elections.

What I do agree with the article is that some democrats presidential candidates have been so invested in defeat in Iraq that it will be a huge blow to some of them if Iraq continues in this direction, specially for Obama, and at least and republican candidate and that would be Ron Paul.

The flip side of that is that if Iraq becomes a non issue as hard that is that to believe right now, then that would mean that attention would be directed to the american people and our needs, how about that for a change?

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join