It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Iran get away with handing off nukes to terrorists?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by geocom

it is a myth that terrorism can not be committed by a government,terror is terror regardless of source.it has been used a method time immemorial,genghis khan was nothing without it.

the regimes i mentioned are all supported by the usa,and they are all committing act of terror against citizens.torture,death squads,occupation of land by force,genocide and so on.

the cia are the biggest terrorists of all time ,study their history and i promise you will come to same conclusion.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I would worry more about the unstable situation in Pakistan right now if you're concerned about a rogue nuclear threat. The US might let Musharraf be overthrown so Pakistan falls into chaos and the "terrorists" get a nuke. 9/11 gave the US gov't a blank check with the US citizens. A nuclear terrorist attack would be the ultimate "blank check" for the world, made out to Bush. It would legitimize every mistake and lie so far.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Nuclear Weapons whilst the most `visual` of the triangle of WMD`s its not actually the most dangerous - flash , bang and done - i am more scared of the Chimera Virii developed in Russia and other labs than any nuke - having my internal organs slowly liquify whilst being contagious to evrything around me (airbourne) and spreading the virii by breathing is far more terrorfying.

but hey the Iranians havne`t given over there Chem bombs or Bac bombs have they - so why do you think the will for a nuke?

read Ken Alibek`s book `BioHazrd`.

France have changed there stance on Iran since the new ex-Moassad president came to power - and will soon leave power as the government are realising how `popular` he isn`t.

Afghanistan - the US supplied the terrorist group the `mujahideen` weapons to fight the Russian invasion - the russians saw them as terrorists , but obviously the US didn`t as they were fighting the russians!

thats 1 example - 1 mans terrorist is another man`s freedom fighter , its down to which side of the fence you are on ; to those in Iraq - the US is the terrorists and they are fighting them in an honorable guerilla war ;

which reminds me - in 20007 - would the VC be labled as terrorist now

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I agree that bio-weapons are probably the biggest threat to the world today.

The VC would be terrorists unless we were allowed to put up KFC's in Vietnam.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Well......Yes in they could "give" a terrorist a nuke...If they had one. However a day or so after they hit a US city with one DOE, CIA, NEST and DOD would have a mark on the origin of fission material.......Next would come a few hundred nukes flying into Iran from US subs and midwest....So no I dont think they are that dumb......Then again Islamic nut jobs tend to make horrible decisions, so who knows. I am not willing to bet my butt on it..IMHO hit them first and hit them HARD.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
IF Iran were to build a nuclear weapon (Apparantly they aren't even working on one, according to the latest US National Intelligence Estimate), and...

IF Iran were then to successfully Test such a device...

It would be EXTREMELY unlikely that they'd ever get a chance to hand off a nuclear weapon to Anyone before Israel launched a full-scale unilateral scorched-earth style attack against them.

Please, Please! bear in mind that a nuclear weapon is NOT like a Molotov cocktail, or even a truly big IED!

You do not simply assemble all the right "glowing bits" together and expect your nuke to go Boom!

Any country (or group, for that matter) developing its own weapons (as opposed to having purchased said weapons from a proven weapons source) will need to test their device by detonating at least one of them to see if it works!

Such a detonation would be easily recognized for what it is, and the ramnifications of a successful test would be cause for immediate retaliation.

Tom Bedlam! Your sane and sagacious presence would be most welcome at this time!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join