It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why does Labour proceed with ID fraud?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

We have had lowly bureaucrats lay waste to 25 million peoples records, why do we trust politicians who want to whore our details on a national ID scheme which will give our identities to criminals.

Should we not scrap this perverse experiment into human accounting, and accept that personal knowledge is best left close to the home? And should we not dictate that any politician talking about data at least has a qualification in it?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Wow, I've seen some loaded comments before but this one is pretty extreme.

Originally posted by redled
We have had lowly bureaucrats lay waste to 25 million peoples records

- No, you cannot make this claim with any accuracy.

The problem right now is that no-one can say exactly what happened to those records.

It is perfectly possible that they are merely lost within the 'system' and nothing especially untoward has happened to them at all besides their being mislaid.

why do we trust politicians

- Because imperfect as it is democracy is the best 'system' compared to any of the other alternatives.

who want to whore our details on a national ID scheme which will give our identities to criminals.

- Of course.

That's exactly what they want.

Should we not scrap this perverse experiment into human accounting

- Anyone would think no other civilised and developed countries had an ID cards system in place the way you're talking.

.....and of course at some point I expect you'll be along to whinge about the Gov not knowing how many immigrants there are here or illegals etc etc, eh?

and accept that personal knowledge is best left close to the home?

- That's an amusingly 19th century idea.

But then I guess, like some, you're perfectly happy to have an electronic ID so long as it's only 'big business' that holds all the cards, right?

And should we not dictate that any politician talking about data at least has a qualification in it?

- No.

Democracy doesn't work like that (thank God).

That's why we have professional advisers and a Civil Service.

The best man or woman for the job is not necessarily someone 'up close' to the job or from the job.

I certainly don't want to see too cozy & impractical relationships developing where only Drs should hold Ministerial positions in the NHS or farmers are only to be allowed to run the Dept's responsible for food & agriculture etc etc (oh actually we had something close to that 10yrs back, it was a disaster).

join