It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a person have two spirits?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Can a person have two spirits? In my opinion, no, but there can be exceptions.

Everyone has one soul I believe that makes up you ego.
Unless you have a lost spirit [mojo] that accompanies you. If it wants a physical body, then you could develop a Teratoma Tumor--something you would definitely not want in your body. Follow the links to find more information on these spirits that occupy a rare number of people.

---Link to Teratoma tumors---
en.wikipedia.org...

---The Ether part 8* The spirits that can posses your body!---
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
In a simple sense one could view possession as an example of what you mean - a second spirit enters the first spirit's body and takes over.

This can be applied vice-versa too, a second spirit could enter the first spirit's body and the first spirit imprisions it.

Still, i regard all spirits to be made of what is ultimately the same metaphysical material, so it doesn't strike me as a bad thing if something tried to possess me.

I adhere to a very naturalistic method of deciding who i am and what i am going to do, so it is fairly simple for me to tell if i'm putting to much thought into something i would otherwise care little about.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
Still, i regard all spirits to be made of what is ultimately the same metaphysical material, so it doesn't strike me as a bad thing if something tried to possess me.

I really don't get what spirits are made of up.

I'm guessing it's light, since people say "God is Light" and he is a Spirit as everyone else.

Hard to believe you can turn God off and on when ever you feel like it, but maybe we don't know the full understanding of all the properties and potential of light yet in this modern era.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I do feel its a kind of spiritual attack but how do we deal with it? The excerpt you provided does state 'them coming back' and I can say in all honesty, they do.

I don't think I can deal with it, without God and the gift of His salvation through Jesus Christ. Ephesians 6:10-18 speaks of the armor of God. I try to put it on every day to protect me from evil. I also try to avoid sin, which separates me from God and makes me vulnerable to attack. I confess my sin to God and ask forgiveness. I use prayer and the Word to ward off evil.

2 Corinthians 10

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The only case I know is possession, both spirits inhabit the body but only one is in control. I was possessed very briefly once when I prepared for an astral projection, it is a really horrible experience

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join