It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a person have two spirits?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hi just wanting some feedback. Anyone ever heard anything about a person, demon, ghost or whatever having two spirits?

thanks

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i didnt hear of anything like that before but who says we really have spirits and if we do what do we use them for?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Can a person have any spirits?

Or do spirits have persons?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
ok I can see I am not getting too far with this.

lol

alright I will rephrase the question:

For those people who believe spirit exists, is it possible for an energy to have two spirits?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
some say the spirit and the soul are two different things, then you have to go through that whole rigamarol of defining what is a spirit and what is a soul.

Maybe we could start there.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There's actually quite a bit written about this from ancient history up to more modern times. I'll post a few snippets and links that you can follow up for further reading. Most of it seems to be tied to sexuality though and the way that people tried to explain trans gendered or gay members of their society.

The myth of Hermaphroditus:
The Embodiment of the Struggle to Integrate Both Genders

Androgyny - Image of Wholeness According to the myth of Hermaphroditus, this son of Aphrodite and Hermes was loved by the maiden Salmacis, but did not return her love. In an effort to make love to him, she embraced him with such passion that the two became one, and that is how s/he came to have two genders.

It's interesting to note that this myth repeats itself in various cultures. In India, the same is said of the god Ardhanarisvara, which is really an aspect of Siva, and is worshipped by gender variants in India. The Indian hermaphrodite is imagined having half his body with male attributes, and the other half with the breast, jewelry, and body curves of a woman. He is literally a blend of Shiva and Parvati, who became one person in a passionate embrace. However, this "mythic monster", in his Indian manifestation, is sometimes perceived as an unhappy marriage between opposites. I've read that, in Indian imagination at least, the male and female aspects of Ardhanari are still two separate identities, and struggle against each other for control of Ardhanari's body. Some people imagine Ardhanari, not as a Two Spirit person, but as literally two being who share one body, perhaps like siamese twins.

www.angelfire.com...

All tribes were aware of the existence of two-spirit people, and each still has a name for them. The Dinéh (Navaho) refer to them as nàdleehé one who is ‘transformed’, the Lakota (Sioux) as winkte, the Mohave as alyha, the Zuni as lhamana, the Omaha as mexoga, the Aleut and Kodiak as achnucek, the Zapotec as ira’ muxe, the Cheyenne as he man eh.

This abundance of terms testifies to the familiarity of Native Americans with gender-variant people. For proof of the sacred role they held, and hold, in Native society we again turn to Native sources. Terry Calling Eagle, a Lakota man, recounts: “Winktes have to be born that way. People know that a person is going to become a winkte very early in his life. At about age twelve parents will take him to a ceremony to communicate with past winktes who had power, to verify if it is just a phase or a permanent thing for his lifetime. If the proper vision takes place, and communication with a past winkte is established, then everybody accepts him as a winkte.

www.androphile.org...

Some examples of two-spirited people in history include the accounts by Spanish conquistadors who spotted a two-spirited individual(s) in almost every village they entered in Central America. There are descriptions of two-spirited individuals having strong mystical powers. In one account, raiding soldiers of a rival tribe begin to attack a group of foraging women when they perceive that one of the women, the one that does not run away, is a two-spirit. They halt their attack and retreat after the two-spirit counters them with a stick, determining that the two-spirit will have great power which they will not be able to overcome.

Native people have often been perceived as "warriors," and with the acknowledgment of two-spirit people that romanticized identity becomes broken. In order to justify this new "Indian" identity many explained it away as a “form of social failure, women-men are seen as individuals who are not in a position to adapt themselves to the masculine role prescribed by their culture.

en.wikipedia.org...

A more modern take on this topic would be the Church Of Scientology OT 3 level where the church teaches that we are cluster beings held together by a common incident and that we only perceive ourselves as an individual. This belief holds that one body could be host to 100's of entities. Part of this level is the clearing of engrams associated with the incident that caused the joining of many Thetans.

At least that was my take on it, though I never actually studied that level.

Certainly an interesting topic for further discussion, just don't ask the Christians, I think you'll get an emphatic no.

EDIT: bbcode

[edit on 23/11/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
For those people who believe spirit exists, is it possible for an energy to have two spirits?

No.

And while twin souls don't exist, various soulmates do for any given individual.

But when hundreds or thousands of discarnates unify their energies into a Group Entity - usually on the Fourth Plane for long periods - they can project the persona to some in the flesh that they are only two spirits, or the illusion of being one very powerful spirit.

That is how all the archaic "gods" came about.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

op by AD
Certainly an interesting topic for further discussion, just don't ask the Christians, I think you'll get an emphatic no.

Me thinks you presume too much.

Luke 8

30 And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.
31 And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.
32 And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.
33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.

Us Christians will just tell you it is a form of demonic possession.

Androgyny is not necessarily the presence of two spirits, imo, it is a different hormone balance than usual for that gender. There is nothing wrong with it. It is the habitually sinful behavior of sexual immorality it can lead to that presents a challenge. But then, in today's society we are all faced with that challenge in one form or another.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well I tend to look at it also as the spirit having the person. But the way I view things, I think that a person could have countless spirits attached to them. Basically different points of view of spiritual observation of your own life. Or the countless variations of spiritual wake/ripples one may leave behind as they walk this path of life, again seperated by different points of view.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Devils have two angels (souls). One is physical and one is superphysical.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
My personal belief is that it is a posibility...though perhaps not at the same time.

It is my belief that "Spirit" / "Soul" whatever is actually a dimensional parasite...and man is merely a host for it...to do its bidding.

Aint no-one can prove otherwise

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Normally (whatever that might mean in ATS
) "spirit" or "soul" is meant to imply the "essence" of the thing possessing the "spirit" or "soul".

Based on that, it seems to me that to be "bi-essential" would be some manner of contraction in terms. How could one have two "essences"?

[edit on 11/24/2007 by Noscitare]

[edit on 11/24/2007 by Noscitare]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Is bi-spiritual like being bi-sexual?

I dont know why people concern themselves with this psychic nonsense. All we are is a stardust body, borrowed by a dimensional parasite.

When I read some of the posts at ATS, I begin to welcome death more

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Isn't that called multiple personalities/ is more of a psychological problem than spiritual.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Not only can a person have more than one spirit in them, spirits can leave a person, and other spirits can come and take up residence.

Matthew 12

43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

You just can't be too careful with this stuff.

1 Peter 5

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

A more modern take on this topic would be the Church Of Scientology OT 3 level where the church teaches that we are cluster beings held together by a common incident and that we only perceive ourselves as an individual. This belief holds that one body could be host to 100's of entities. Part of this level is the clearing of engrams associated with the incident that caused the joining of many Thetans.

Thanks AD for the info. I was particularly intrigued by the 100 hosts ^

I saw an energy in my room and it was so heavy that if it got up and moved, I could still see him sitting in the corner.

I have learnt not to freak out as much about some of the energies I see but this one was very heavy. I watched 20 or so hosts come out of his body. He eventually left but took a long time. I decided that the energy was a demon and just kept sending him to the light.

Another energy I saw had 2 spirits came out of one. It is really baffling to say the least. I don't want to write every energy I see off as a demon but when I meditated once, I was off walking, the higher I ascended, I turn into spirit form or the color of the realm. I know from seeing that, that I have only one spirit and I always thought, one soul one spirit. But I am not sure.

Thanks for the information

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
But when hundreds or thousands of discarnates unify their energies into a Group Entity - usually on the Fourth Plane for long periods - they can project the persona to some in the flesh that they are only two spirits, or the illusion of being one very powerful spirit.

Thanks Paul. It is indeed very interesting.

I am aware of the discarnates. I am also aware of their host ability.
All I can do is keep sending them to the light.
But, sometimes that isn't enough. They come back. Very persistent.

This may sound strange but with one very heavy energy, I had to bring the light to the energy as it would not go. It took a lot of concentration/effort to do that. I felt quite tired after but refreshed once it had gone.

If there is a quicker way to send them on so they don't come back, I would love to know how to do it.

Mabus

I had read this somewhere on ATS and could not find it. It was recent post too. Next time I will add it to favorites.
A part of me is tired of thinking every energy is a demon or devils but the energy I saw with 2 spirits was not pleasant. Was very threatening, just stare at me. Very hard to ignore. But I sent it on.

The other thing is I have seen light beings and during the time when I could see the heavy ones, I just started sending everything away. One of the light beings went so quickly... so from that I think, if they are light they move on very quickly, if they are not they are difficult.

perhaps that is a way of discerning?

[edit on 24-11-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoToTheLight
It is my belief that "Spirit" / "Soul" whatever is actually a dimensional parasite...and man is merely a host for it...to do its bidding.

hi and thanks for your imput. Do you believe that the soul or spirit of a person is a parasite?

I am just not sure if you mean we are all parasites or just some.

------------------

Icarus Rising
Not only can a person have more than one spirit in them, spirits can leave a person, and other spirits can come and take up residence.

Yes it is a scarey thought. I am reluctant now to even have one glass of wine. Is that pathetic or what? lol I just kept remembering the 'be sober and vigilant verse'.

I do feel its a kind of spiritual attack but how do we deal with it? The excerpt you provided does state 'them coming back' and I can say in all honesty, they do.

cheers

[edit on 24-11-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Seriously......

I doubt that any single individual has more than one spirit.
Exceptions to this may be in the instance of siamese twins.
.......just a thought!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hi Thurisaz,

Thanks Paul. It is indeed very interesting.

You're welcome.

I am aware of the discarnates. I am also aware of their host ability.
All I can do is keep sending them to the light.
But, sometimes that isn't enough. They come back. Very persistent.

The Light also represents accountability. For many to embrace The Light, they have to strive to make amends to karmic debts. Most don't want to do that and therefore avoid The Light and the lessons of the life review. They desire to avoid being reminded of why they are not in a spiritual place. This being a form of self-delusion and denial.

The choice is their own. We can only point the way and most will not listen anyway. That is their karma.

This may sound strange but with one very heavy energy, I had to bring the light to the energy as it would not go. It took a lot of concentration/effort to do that. I felt quite tired after but refreshed once it had gone.

The ability to "bring the light" is a Gift of the Spirit in itself. Sounds like you had a minor astral battle there. These happen all the time. More so than most people realize.

If there is a quicker way to send them on so they don't come back, I would love to know how to do it.

Discarnates have free will, as we all do. They have to choose their path. If they pursue unethical activities, they will lessen their soul vibration in The Light and shrink their consciousness even more. In the traditional Seven Plane Paradigm, the First Plane is for discarnates with a Dominant Aura Color of brown; it is the most hellish of places.

My Guides say that the recent battle that you described above was with a Group Entity of discarnates on the Third Plane, i.e., they had a DAC of orange. You receive your Gifts from a fellowship of progressive angels with a DAC of violet.

Most people on either side of the spectrum have a Dominant Aura Color of orange, a level just below that of basic spirituality.

Those on the Fourth Plane, those with a DAC of yellow, can stay united in a Group Entity for long periods of time. In contrast, those on the Second Plane who have a DAC of red can only stay united for minutes at a time, with "oranges" being able to do so for only hours at a time.

That is why most discarnate communities are based on the Fourth Plane and why yellow is the most popular color attributed to angels, with violet (those on the Fifth Plane) taking second place.

Mabus

My many years of experience with demonic attack has taught me otherwise.

There are no demons in the Judeo-Christian sense. What does exist are evil people on the Other Side or spiritually indifferent discarnates who are selfish, egotistical, competitive, lusty, abusive, and irresponsible.

However, as Near Death Experience research has provided us, no one truly ever gets away with anything.

No one who is on a path of spiritual indifference and abuse can be powerful on the Other Side. Their inability to ascend into The Light prevents that from happening.

However, when you have hundreds or thousands of discarnates of common spirtuality - like the "reds" on the Second Plane - combine their energies into a Group Entity, they can project the ILLUSION of being one powerful demonic figure.

See a powerful demon?

Assume correctly that it is a Group Entity of primitive spirits

The "browns" on the First Plane have the added humiliation and frustration of not being able to combine at all into a Group Entity. Their hostility and overall depravity prevents them from being able to do so. That is the fate of all who pursue an evil path of abuse to innocents.

A part of me is tired of thinking every energy is a demon or devils but the energy I saw with 2 spirits was not pleasant. Was very threatening, just stare at me. Very hard to ignore. But I sent it on.

The other thing is I have seen light beings and during the time when I could see the heavy ones, I just started sending everything away. One of the light beings went so quickly... so from that I think, if they are light they move on very quickly, if they are not they are difficult.

perhaps that is a way of discerning?

Sure it is.

Your way of the discernment of spirits is by how heavy and light they feel to you in energy.

Try also to sense and/or see their energy color. If you sense red or orange, you are dealing with demonic energies in one or more Group Entities. If you sense yellow or violet, you are dealing with basically spiritual discarnates or angels who usually work in Group Entities to further a false god icon - so they are deceptive too. If you sense sky blue or white, you are dealing with discarnate Saints, the highest spiritual source currently available; these generally strive to be a Light onto Oneself.

Spiritual Correspondence

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join