It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oak Island Could Give Up It's Secrets Soon!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i was watching a new documentary on the lost treasures of the templars and apparently there is a link to oak island. One of the inscriptions they have found is written in coptic christan and under the beach of the island they have found coconut fibres said to be from the 7th century. And this year theres is going to be a massive dig at oak island to finally uncover the mystery once and for all. it be very interesting to read what they are going to find.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by loner007]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I was told this story of the island by my dad before I finally caught it on TV many, many years later.
I decided to make a 3d interactive model of the money pit for the few posts that think they did the pit to throw off other people. Well could be, but after you actually get an idea of the actual size you would think differently. I did this in Google sketch up which is free and recommended to use if you’re in to architecture, or like to draw. But give it a check out, the only 3d model I’ve seen was on a TV program about Oak Island.
(did make an AVI file of it, but the quality was terrible.)

sketchup.google.com...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Sippy Cup]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

Thanks for that. Visualisation certainly helps one to appreciate the complexities of the site.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I just came across this old article... By old, I mean really old... 71 years old...

Anyway, it has some historical research value regarding Oak Island and I thought I'd share with those interested.

You can visit the link here:

Goog le Books: Popular Science

PS: There are some wild inventions listed in that magazine. Thinks like, the cork screw opener!!

Or how about a "portable tire X-Rayer". Now if you have a flat, you can pull out your portable tire X-Rayer and see the nail. Amazing. Where is it!? I want one!

[edit on 19-1-2010 by ByteChanger]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hey guys, it's been a couple of years since I started this thread in the hope of finding the treasure soon... however things have conspired against the owners of Oak Island and they need some help... from us.

The treasure licence needed to dig the site has not been granted yet. Where it normally takes around 6 weeks for the government to review and grant a licence so far it has taken over 18 months, and still no news. Conspiracy???? who knows????

Anyway an online petition was set up back in January to help speed things up and put pressure on the government to get moving. I just signed and noticed the number of people who have also signed could be healthier (895). It would be really cool if anyone interested in this subject could pop over to the petition site and sign it... I'm sure we at ATS could get this number to 1,000. I'm not part of any group involved in this by the way, I just want to see whats down there already!!! By the looks of things time is running out.

I don't think I'm allowed to link the site here (not sure) so here are a couple of related links including a youtube vid.

www.youtube.com...
www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk...

Thanks guys

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by II HAL II
They've teamed up with the owner of the other half of the land and are planning an excavation some time in 08...

08?? That isn't exactly current. Have they actually done something recently?

Oops, I only read the first two pages. OK. so if we all sign the petition, then they can start to excavate?

[edit on 4/21/2010 by zachi]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I signed the petition. Not many have done so as it is well below 1000. Hopefully more people from ATS will sign this so we can solve this mystery once and for all.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just signed too.

2nd line

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation: i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

Ok Jbird fair enough, ignore my previous post.

I mean God forbid ATS members for trying to get to the bottom of a conspiracy, on a conspiracy forum. On the other hand I understand the reason for that rule so catch 22 I guess.

I dont think it made much difference anyway, only at 907 now.

Moving on, here is a great new/recent documentary by CBC on Oak Island, good watch for those interested -

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Recently I was listening to a Coast to Coast AM broadcast about the Ancient Alien theory, after watching the series I wanted to know more. On the show was one of the consulting producers and expert of the show Giorgio Tsoukalos and there was a brief mention of the Manna Machine, also featured in the Ancient Aliens series on History.

In this mention there was some speculation of where this Manna Machine might be, or The Ark of the Covenant if you'd like. One mention was in Ethiopia, the other was Oak Island.

There was some mentioning of the legend and history of Oak Island as well as The Knights Templar and how they had travelled west, and radioactivity coming from the pit on Oak Island.

Anyone here think it is possible for the Manna Machine being buried on Oak Island?

Here's a link to the interview (I don't remember which part it is in, but it is there somewhere): Coast to Coast AM - Ancient Astronaut Theory

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fergu
There was some mentioning of the legend and history of Oak Island as well as The Knights Templar and how they had travelled west, and radioactivity coming from the pit on Oak Island.
Anyone here think it is possible for the Manna Machine being buried on Oak Island?

Who is it that suggests that there is radioactivity emitted from Oak Island?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I heard it in the interview, there are probably some details I missed.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
I was told this story of the island by my dad before I finally caught it on TV many, many years later.
I decided to make a 3d interactive model of the money pit for the few posts that think they did the pit to throw off other people. Well could be, but after you actually get an idea of the actual size you would think differently. I did this in Google sketch up which is free and recommended to use if you’re in to architecture, or like to draw. But give it a check out, the only 3d model I’ve seen was on a TV program about Oak Island.
(did make an AVI file of it, but the quality was terrible.)

sketchup.google.com...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Sippy Cup]

AWESOME MAN! I rated your sketch, 5 star! Really really great, its awesome to see it visually!

Oak Island is one of the greatest Mysteries in the Americas and the great thing about it is that it could possibly be solved VERY SOON. The booby trap of sea water entering the pit is so brilliant, i think i heard that there were 3 traps to flood the pit. I will gladly sign the petition!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I've been waiting for this for many years, and still nothing...

I signed the petition and added it to Stumble, still under 1000, which is very few indeed.

I hope this situation can get some media attention.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hello forum. I also just watched the History Channel's show. And the only part of it that caught my eye was the part about the pit.

It's an amazing story. And I'm suprised there hasn't been a major financial push from a scientific or historic community to finish this story once & for all.

After reading some of the findings. It sounds like they hit the mark with the auger & destroyed contents.

Wouldn't you think that when you started hitting concrete, clay & other things that could be used as waterproofing that you should stop & realize you need to now find the way to bring it up in one piece?

If the auger had pieces of documents, gold bits, or cloth that's not the same as used for waterproofing like the coconut fabric etc.  It sounds like whatever was down there that was the real treasure, is destroyed because of carelessness with the auger...

Sure if the contents were jewels or gold etc. I can understand there would be a value to bringing those up.

If men went through something like constructing this & then using it to house a treasure. My completly novice opinion on it would be that the treasure wasn't entirely jewlels & gold. More like documents or tablets.  I can only imagine the history that we could of had a glimps back to, if this pit was was treated as historic treasure instead of monetary treasure.

If something is down there. Consider the thought to constuct it. If it was a one way trip for the contents. Then it's a one way trip. And one that still cannot be undone even today's in modern times.

If the builders could envision & construct it. Couldn't they have also designed the method to remove with great ease?

What if the ducts work with it? Maybe a key to the problem.
Not the problem?

It sounds like something a government would do, secret societies.  But all for a pirates loot?? I just don't know. Maybe some pirates with amazing conections to those who could design the pit. 

If they ever bring up anything. It will be amazing. And more amazing if they didn't destroy it years ago.   

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by modular
It sounds like something a government would do, secret societies.  But all for a pirates loot?? I just don't know. Maybe some pirates with amazing conections to those who could design the pit. 

Once again, the story I heard related to the Spanish conquest of the New World. The treasures of the continent were apparently brought to Havana, and shipped to Spain. The person in charge of that operation 'took a taste' in the process and his substantial gleanings are said to have been buried up the coast of the Americas. There is thought that this is what may be found at Oak Island, and I believe this is the theory being pitched to investors.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Once again, the story I heard related to the Spanish conquest of the New World. The treasures of the continent were apparently brought to Havana, and shipped to Spain. The person in charge of that operation 'took a taste' in the process and his substantial gleanings are said to have been buried up the coast of the Americas. There is thought that this is what may be found at Oak Island, and I believe this is the theory being pitched to investors.

How about the auger?

Do you have any reason to belive that they might of destroyed the actual "safe" holding treasure or documents etc?

Any idea what might have happened to the small parts of paper & shreds of gold that was said to have come up with the bit?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

How about the auger?

Do you have any reason to belive that they might of destroyed the actual "safe" holding treasure or documents etc?

Any idea what might have happened to the small parts of paper & shreds of gold that was said to have come up with the bit?

The owner of the site has what goodies emerged with the auger. An acquaintance of mine held some of the gold to get a 'reading' from it. He figured it was Templar treasure but nothing in the historical record really backs that notion up.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
WOW I can't believe they are still waiting for the permit!! Must be something good down there if they're dragging it out...

I signed the petition, was number 1054

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join