It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Stuff is Hurting Me...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Now that you have seen the truth about the material world (and believe me, it's hard. I spent two weeks in bed), back up, close your eyes, take deep breaths, learn to meditate, and relax. There are conspiracies all around you. The people on this website that cannot see that, and who say "don't do anything because it's BS and we don't have proof *pout pout*", are wrong about that.... but they are right about one thing. Don't fear it.
Embrace it. Learn from it. I can tell you that, once you are on the right track, peopler will try to knock you off. Find the truth, but don't let it take away your happiness. You can still laugh and have fun with your sister, just like I can laugh and play with my adorable little dog... but that doesn't mean stop paying attention. That doesn't mean stop hunting for the truth. You have started young, and that is good.

I'm 22... rather young for a person of my insight... and I can tell you that I have been assaulted physically because I was talking truth. I was told to shut up. People who I thought were my best friends turned on me, and tried to instill fear in me by doing very bad things to me... but I didn't let fear win, and I'm still talking...

because one thing is for sure... this life isn't the only chance we get. Take it all in, but take it all lightly.

To quote Bill Hicks (seriously check him out, the funniest yet most insightful man possibly to ever exist):

"It's just a ride."

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
As someone who did start studying and exploring at an early age, I tend to agree with your comment. I became isolated from everyone else, and remain so for the most part, at a very early age. No one did or does know how to approach me or what to talk to me about.

I can relate to that too, i was fairly young when i started to check this stuff out (got onto the net when I was 21, which is not far removed from being a teenager) And i have a lot of social problems, interacting with family and friends. A lot of this conspiracy stuff is very taboo, any "normal" person you talk to about this stuff will assume you're quite crazy.* That alone can make you feel very distant from your friends and family, if you dont feel comfortable to bring up certain subjects around them.

But we should all remember that it's only because they haven't opened their eyes, if they had seen the same things as us, then it would be another story. A lot of people just dont want to hear things like this. But that's whats so wonderful about ATS, plenty of likeminded people around to discuss with.

* Having said that, i dont think having an interest in ATS type stuff is the cause of any problems, just a symptom.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by unnamedninja]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Filmmaker, nobody has the whole story.

There are some fantastic possibilities for our future. Why not believe in those instead? I love the stuff about getting our DNA unlocked, a wormhole is coming to give us the keys to the universe, and stuff like moving into other dimentions. Is there any truth to it? Who knows, and the same goes for the NWO stuff. Who knows?

What was it that Ditka said last week on ESPN? "The future is a mystery, the past is history, and the present is a gift." "That's why they call it a present." I loved that, and it's words to live by. Did you see the movie Peaceful Warrior with Nick Nolte? The first rule about life? Life is always going to be a mystery, so quit trying to figure it out. He talks alot about living in the present. I actually tried some things he talks about, and it helped me.

Everybody is on thier own journey, so shape it your way. Today, right now, is yours, have some fun with it. The future will take care of itself.

Live long and prosper baby!

PS, and by the way, I totally agree with some of the other posters about venting on taking people out. When I saw that, I thought: Oooo, be careful there.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've done that.... venting..... not so long ago on this website. Mistake. I've had some pretty profound things happen to me lately, and it was foolish of me to talk about trying to solve violence with violence. Whoever made up the phrase "Fight fire with fire" was extremely ignorant.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Speaker of course life is serious. However, I see no reason to let the bad things in life take my joy. If I can change something I will. If I can't I will let it go.

My father was a political figure for 30 years of my life. That was 30 years of pure hell for my family. But it did allow me to see the reality of the inner workings of our government. I became very depressed untill I realized I could not continue to dwell on the bad things but try to enjoy the good things in life.

I didn't say I went around smiling all the time. I cry, scream and feel totally helpless at times. But I do my crying alone. I have to. Being the oldest member in my family I have to maintain order and be strong lest others see me give in to the chaos I feel in my heart at times.

Try smiling...it makes people wonder what you're up to.

Dizzie

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I remember when i first found this site was like 10 years ago and have never really posted much. I was really interested in UFO's, aliens and such things. I just read for information. I dont watch the news much, everything i do hear about is usually from this site. I like this site because if you want, you can find the truth behind the story, for the most part.

The only one thing i have ever realized is that you literally cant trust anyone. Never give anyone all your trust, its just a mistake. Observer and take in as much information as you can. You'll never know when it will come in handy. Dont believe everything you read or hear lol. Instead absorb and figure out what makes sense to you.

Besides, right now the world is one big toilet, and we're all just waiting for the flush.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well, I agree with a lot of the people who have responded to you, with a small dash of wisdom on the side. I used to worry about every little thing. Got to the point that I became an insomniac, usually getting 4 hours of sleep a WEEK. I was on my last nerve 24/7 and had really bad depression. Then my dad just threw off one of his one-liners while I was in a bad mood worrying about some nonsense... He said, and I quote "Why do you worry about the things you can't change? Worry about the stuff you can, and when they become things that you can't change... forget about it. It's going to happen anyway (whatever it is), so just be prepared is the best you can do". (Okay, it was a 3 liner, but the way he speaks, it was all one sentence. VERY wise words. Still fighting the insomnia, but the depression is almost gone, and I feel better all over. Over 3 sentences. Yep.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The old Chinese curse:

"May you live in interesting times...."

I used to be quite depressed about the obvious destruction of mankind that is looming over us, but you have to learn to enjoy life and feel excited that you are granted the chance to see change on a grandiose level. Life will be more difficult, but it will still be life, and no matter what happens you will still need to find joy in the same simple things in life.

Just recently I was horrified to learn that I was depressing those around me who respected my knowledge, and became despondant upon learning some of the truths that we take for granted around here. I took it upon myself to make sure that they understood that the World wasn't going to end tomorrow, and that all they really needed to do was set aside one small part of their lives to planning for the worst. It has worked, too. Older friends are adjusting their future plans to include a means to be self sufficient, to be able to heat their homes with wood when the natural gas becomes too expensive, to rekindle old hobbies like gardening and hunting that may become a new way of life for us all...

The realization of what is going on in this World can become a crushing burden of knowledge, the key is to realize that you don't need to worry about things that you have no control over other than to set aside that small investment of time, money, and energy to plan for the worst. This may mean planning to move out of an urban environment, or selling a gas guzzling truck. This doesn't mean it has to happen tomorrow, it means you have decided that a change is necessary and you work towards making that happen.

The other strategy that I find useful is simply to realize that you may not have the chance to live the hedonistic soft life that our industrial civilization affords us for long - so grab all the candy you can and pig out!

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197
Filmmaker, nobody has the whole story.

There are some fantastic possibilities for our future. Why not believe in those instead? I love the stuff about getting our DNA unlocked, a wormhole is coming to give us the keys to the universe, and stuff like moving into other dimentions. Is there any truth to it? Who knows, and the same goes for the NWO stuff. Who knows?

Seawolf, I would tend to agree. However, where Filmmaker seems to be at this stage of the game, I doubt that he sees any of those things on the horizon.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by filmmaker45

Filmmaker... I sent you a U2U. Please look for it. I had a lot to say, I just wanted to say it privately.

I hope it helps you.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
What is it like to be emo?

is this why we have a lot of emo kids lately?

just cheer up dude.

I've been here too long and have read quite a bit and I know the flow of this site pretty well, i can almost pinpoint when the next "hot topic" is going to be brought out; but i am careless to respond to a lot of these topics anymore because it's the same thing over and over. layouts change and it keeps you from letting you really see and read what you really want to see and read.

if you take a "break" from ATS every once so often like I do; you'll come to realize that it's the same sh*t all the time except a lot lately they've been trying to tunnel things one way or another. 5th of november? eh.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Filmmaker, I recommend you get your hugbox, listen to My Chemical Romance and have a good cry.

If that doesn't work you can always play with razorblades, thats what all the cool emo kids are doing these days!

...I wish my lawn was emo- cuz then it would cut itself!

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You have the company of your family, friends, cat. Don't worry so much about the NWO. Enjoy your life.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
filmmaker,
your post is very good and brave.
I know what you mean.
there will be a time soon , when you (and many others) must stand up and get into action.then your knowledge will help you and others.

dont forget, THEY are hurting you( and millions), ok? you are ok and intelligent, of course.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by anti72]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Filmaker, if you're still having dark moments, perhaps this mantra may help...

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference"

peace

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This thread is what makes the good in life leap ahead.

I felt in your words that your happiness is watching your sisters happiness. Don't put yourself on the outside looking in.

I feel that at 16 you feel the hurt and badness in what life has to offer at times but you also have to remember that there is good like you making your sister happy.

Go with what is inside yourself it will guide you. If you are learning film making continue and you have your first film ready and waiting to be written.

A teen going on the computer and reading all the different conspiracies and getting feelings of hopelessness but learning through members in forum thread that life is a learning experience and you have to work through to build the character you choose to be in life. Are you going to let it get you down and become evil or are you going to use the abilities that where given to you and make life better for whom ever you can.

I understand your feelings of wishing certain people would just drop off the face of the Earth and when it is there time to do so they will without your help.

There is a time for everything and people will know what they are to do and when they are to do it.

I feel as if you are a good soul so don't allow badness to creep in. Spend less time on the computer and more time making your family and friends happy and feeling good within themselves.

One step at a time, and if we all did this we could maybe just maybe make the planet Earth a better place.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hello Filmmaker,

Just look at this in a different perspective. You should consider yourself lucky to have woken up so early in life. One less in the world of sheeple. I went through life thinking everyone was good, even after a few house invasions, muggings, etc. But I never thought your own government could do harm, in order to advance their agenda. It wasn't until the last election (and I am embarrassed to say I voted for the Son of a Bush twice) that I realized something was wrong.

Before, the only source of information was a library. Today, you have the internet and ATS, and many other sources. Yes, take things with a grain of salt. However, having the knowledge is power. I recently had my first child, and like you with your sister, I recently took my daughter to the park and as I was swinging her and she was laughing away, I choked up, for the same reason you choked up. So this has nothing to do with age. I'm more than double your age and get choked up for the same reason. All I can do is raise my children and hope we can insulate them from most of this. I bet this resembles when you found out about Santa Claus. You want your sister to believe in that good.

At any rate, try not to internalize this too much. The worse thing is that you will see that 99.9% of the people you know are just in a deep sleep and don't want to be awaken. Consider yourself lucky that you know. As most have said above: You are one of us. You have people who understand you. Yes, be careful on writing about "taking people out". The Secret Service has demonstrated they act on this. I know it's tought to keep certain thoughts to yourself but you're better off. Just think that more and more people are waking up every day.

Have some fun. Life is about stages. I remember a quote from the Steven Spielberg's series "Taken": "Kids should only worry about baseball". You display a high level of maturity, unlike most of your peers. I commend you for finding the truth. Before I say goodbye, think about this: I would rather keep me mind open by wonder than have it closed by belief.

Peace.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by manticore]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
lots of great posts here

first for people who haven't dug down and found certain uncomfortable truth's (telling others who have to ignore them and think for the best is not really gonna do it..completely)

I would do my best to create the world i want for myself thru my hearts intentions....AND knowing what you bellieve and what you think you have uncovered as "truth" should also allow you to be motivated and sure to formulate a plan B, and occasionally monitor any development you find releveant to what you think you have uncovered

You should give yourself the option of doing the above if it sits well with you, and then you will probably have more balance in your life.

There are many people on ATS who have gotten thru down periods about the possible/likely state of things to come (wether it's economic chaos, WWIII, whatever) and have just learned to focus on the NOW. imporiving your life by enjoying the relationships you have, hoping for the best, while having a plan B, can help.

Lastly i would like to say improve your relationship w/ your self (even more so) and the state of mind you are in obviously effects your perception of reality and your mood something called 5htp as well as Saint johns wart (found at health food stores) increase seretonin levels and are natural substances from the earth (not med's which foster further chemical imbalances should you stop ). basically they sloowww things down yet can sharpen your critical thinking as well as make it easier to open your heart chakra (and be more giving) . let everyone else be in a great big hurry in their life.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The problem with not appreciating new stuff anymore is that life begins to feel pointless. After all, this society is built so people will work all their lives, and occasionally buy something nice as a reward for their hard work. Once you dont want the rewards, you lose the carrot, and you dont want to run the hamster wheel anymore.

I mean, whats really the point of life? Its not stuff and materialism. It wont make you happier. What matters is feeling that life has a purpose, and if you dont, well, then the depression is on the way. Its only natural. So get a girl friend or a wife and hopefully you start to feel life is fun. Or anything else that feels worthwhile to you.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Congrats Filmmaker, your awakening, as one poster said your brain is bieng rewired and you will image many things that will seem horrible.
but once the rewireing is complete you will see that you can still live the same life, yet you will also be aware of your surroundings and see hidden agendas that others who are still sleeping wont see.

it's a painfull prosses, and i went through it as well, now i consintrate on waking up others to the possability of what could be. my family used to think i was crazy, they are now starting to see some of the things i mentioned are not so crazy anymore. even though they still resist awakening wich everyone will try to do... i mean think about it.... i'm taking everything they though was good and are now seeing it for what it really is, people dont like that and try to resist.

All i'm trying to teach is to question everything, and just because someone is your leader doent mean you follow him/her with out question. we are dictated to when we should be making group dessions on whats best for us, rather than dessions made by the elites of the word as to whats best for us.

so enjoy what you have and try and help other as best you can. there is nothing wrong with you, as for bieng to young, i dont think so, a child is only a child due to the lack of experience and not because there not smart enough or educated enough. young people are plenty smart, they just have a hard time with there own intelegence due to lack of experience. have you ever really listen to a child talk about something? they have a wonderfull insight to things they hardly know about. wich is why we try to teach them when they are young. people i work with have a hard time trying something new, they think the way they have been doing there job is the only way, and dont want to take advice from someone younger or with less experience.

i truly belive life works backwords, were born smart and become dumber as we age.

Dumbing Down America

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join