It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans must hate their families.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah, you know what about the men and women over seas, the policemen, the fire fighters and the paramedics, doctors and nurses and other staff members that work in the hospital. They don't get the day off. Crimes, fire hazards and injuries don't stop for the holidays. In fact, they increase on the holidays.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If you don't like working for the man; start your own business like I did and learn to eat beans, no health insurance, adrift with the market forces...

But I'm not complaining one bit; I took off 2years once and went fishing.

For a man/woman that is not afraid to work hard and get their hands dirty; there are opportunities out there that are fantastic.

No rules, no limits and no whining!!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

whaaa (that name suites ya),

Maybe the plan is to have the Canadians work one year on the holidays and the Americans on the next round. Why don't you ask somebody who is in charge at your company to at least make the suggestion. That would seem fair to me if everybody can't have the holidays off.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
So are you saying that Canada shuts down during it's holidays?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I cannot speak for all americans, but I can say that family values are important in my family.

Of course, one of those values is... being hardworking.

My uncle, my cousin, my dad and my brother are all policemen. They do not necessarily get holidays off. (It all depends on seniority) When I worked in the medical field, I worked every thanksgiving and christmas. Not because I was made to, but because I volunteered to. Why? Because the needs of the residents in the nursing home didnt just go on pause till after the holidays and because my family works around everyone's work schedules in order to gather together for the family meal.

It is a fact of life that work is required on holidays. Gaurantee it didnt stop back in medieval time (and earlier than that) for holidays. Things have to be done, no matter what day the calendar says it is.

Count yourself lucky that you have a job that pays your bills and feeds you!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I like my time off too.

I dont celebrate holidays like Christmas..Easter et al Nor Birthdays as one poster stated they have their origins in pagan customs.

I do understand the concept of family time. No problem with this. For many the "Holidays" are the main time ..once a year where they can spend time with thier familys. I often think of peoples who work the second shift verses people on day shift. These people seldom see thier familys unless they are off for weekends.

No Americans dont hate their familys. We are just not continental in make up and many of us are in fact hard working.

Orangetom

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
If I were in charge, that would totally be something I would do. :

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
The company I work for recently partnered with an American company.
Through negotiations, certain sections of Upper management were split up, Americas side got some, and Canadas side took the responsibility of others.

Well, the Americans have decided that the Canadian production facilities are going to work over the christmas holidays.

Now I don't get to see my family because some fat slack-jawed toothless yank is taking advantage of his situation, and obviously doesnt give two ****s about family values.

The more I meet Americans, the more I want to ring their necks... please someone tell me your entire country isn't like that.

Ya know if you are unhappy with your current work schedule, you chould do one of two things:

a) Start your own business, and run it the way you see fit. You could give all of your employees days off during the holidays.

or

b) Stop whining and realize that you chose to undertake the responsibility known as your current job, suck it up, and go to work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join