It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans must hate their families.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The company I work for recently partnered with an American company.
Through negotiations, certain sections of Upper management were split up, Americas side got some, and Canadas side took the responsibility of others.

Well, the Americans have decided that the Canadian production facilities are going to work over the christmas holidays.

Now I don't get to see my family because some fat slack-jawed toothless yank is taking advantage of his situation, and obviously doesnt give two ****s about family values.

The more I meet Americans, the more I want to ring their necks... please someone tell me your entire country isn't like that.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What can I say, we're just a bunch of opportunistic capitalist pigs. lol

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
John Sky, I am froma part of Texas where a brother and sister can pass one another on the street and not even speak to one another. It';s sad, but it's the truth.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I hope that I am not like that, but some of my family are.. in my opinion we are brought up in a society that believes that work is more important then family values.. it is a pet peeve of mine since way back.. hopefully you will get a reprieve at the last moment and get out of work. Here is another example of BS... at my work, our boss told us that we had thanksgiving off but had to work the friday after or we were not getting our paycheck then on wednesday he gave us our checks and told us that we were NOT working.. I could have went up north for the holiday and see my family but no, now its too late to get plane tickets? go figure?? most people with money stink..lol.. it seems that they only care about themselves and not the 'little' people.. oh well hope that you indeed had a good holiday..

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I've said this in the past. The only Americans that I have ever had a problem with were some tourists. Pretty obnoxious really. That being said, I've been to the States 4 times, the last time was last week and the people were BEAUTIFUL. Had a great time AGAIN. You guys just have to watch out who you allow to travel. The less than 1% is giving the rest a bad name. And it's not deserved.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Intrepid, I think most of the criticism of American tourists stems from the lack of understanding most Americans have about the cultures and ettiquette of other countries. Americans go to other countries acting as they normally do, thinking that it's kosher in every society.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
The more I meet Americans, the more I want to ring their necks...

If I use your same measuring stick what could I say about the person quoted above? Is it the fault of your heritage.....how about your nationality?

Won't it be a wonderful day when you "judge" a person on their own merits rather than by their race, religion or nationality?

[edit on 11/23/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Well said. There are to many people out there that play the "Guilty by association" card.

Let me assure you johnsky, everyone is their own person. There are plenty of people here in the U.S. that hold family values in very high esteem. There are also those money grubbing people who only care about their next pay check. These type of people exist all over the world.

Well wishes to you, I'm sorry about the situation that you're in.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I so agree, and it goes both ways of course... too many people travel to other countries and expect it to be like here and vise versa.. if I travel I always remember that I am in THIER land not mine.. but I wish they would extend the same courtasy(sp)...

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yes, we are rude, vile, money grubbing people with no family values.

I can not figure out why so many Canadians come to the United States for their vacations.

I've always heard birds of the same feathers flock together.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Do you mean that you have to work on Christmas Day or that you don't get the whole week off?
Because I don't see the problem, unless you have to work on Christmas day.
You know, we Americans get flack if we don't work enough. (lazy Americans)
or if we work too much.
I don't have a problem, since I believe a lot of holidays are pagan.
Although I keep many of them for family and try to rise to the occasion with prayer.
Also, We need the work to pay bills.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by Clearskies]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My husband works for WalMart. He knows nothing but another work day, making sure there are enough plastic goodies on the shelves to stifle the whining and spiritually starved consumer hordes.

Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays?

Holidays? What are these "holidays" you speak of?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wring (not ring) my neck.

I'd rather be at my hobby.
Not sitting at home.

Call me crazy.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I've said this in the past. The only Americans that I have ever had a problem with were some tourists. Pretty obnoxious really. That being said, I've been to the States 4 times, the last time was last week and the people were BEAUTIFUL. Had a great time AGAIN. You guys just have to watch out who you allow to travel. The less than 1% is giving the rest a bad name. And it's not deserved.

Well said, Intrepid. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So should I judge all Canadians by the example set a couple of years ago by the two horses ass's I ran into just across the Al-Can border? Those two were jerks, so by association all Canadians are?

I am happy to report not so. Every other Canadian I've ever personally met have been very nice people. I would ask you perhaps give the rest of the 300 million of us a little slack, at least until you've met all of us.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Should maybe our northern neighbors [Canadians] build a fence to keep Americans out like we are going to do to the Mexicans. Let us in if we have a green card, otherwise just stay home.

Actually most ordinary Americans are great people until you give them a little power, then watch out.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Exchange "Americans" with "people" and you've got it. Most people have a tendency to allow a little power/influence to go to their heads. Americans are hardly unique in that respect.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You know, whenever I hear someone generalize a whole country full of people just because they are having an issue with their work, it makes me want to ring their neck.

Your anger should be placed with the company you work for, not Americans just because the person who made the decision just happens to be American. Im sure the same situation can happen in almost any capatalistic country.

Although you are not the only person in the world who has to work on Christmas (most convience stores are open on Christmas here), I do feel for you. However I feel your anger is greatly misplaced.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
johnsky, it does suck to have to work on any major holiday, but try to be on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think you have it rough working one holiday, look at the military.......... Things could be worse!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i used to work at best buy. i had to pull teeth to get a day off. holidays were considered mandatory work days. seriously. i actually had my manager tell me that if i took the day off or didn't show up on a holiday that i shouldn't bother coming back. the upside is we got 2.5x pay. =)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join