It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Countdown Reaching End at Midnight

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Mien says an hour and 33 minutes, personally. I'm a little confused. Oh well. We'll see, right?

DE




posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i dont think it will happen right at midnight, if anything at all. 9/11 was at 9am, not midnight.



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Mien says an hour and 33 minutes, personally. I'm a little confused. Oh well. We'll see, right?

DE


i believe the script uses your computer clock.



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I can see that they are definitely trying to freak everyone out, whomever made this. As of 11:30 PM, it says 29 Minutes and 21 Seconds left. Crazy people.



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Mien says an hour and 33 minutes, personally. I'm a little confused. Oh well. We'll see, right?

DE


ah, youre right. for some reason the clock on my computer keeps losing 10 minutes every day. i thought i had it fixed but i guess not. maybe a virus or somethin.

if the site was posted to scare us, i dont think they succeded, do you? im not scared at all, maybe a little anxious to see if anything happens.



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If a major terrorist attack on U.S. soil does occur in early-February (or, for that matter, whenever), then a critical quation is: Why were threats and related communications of an upcoming al Qaeda strike against the U.S. so blatantly posted in English language news discussion forums frequented mainly by Americans?

The posts above are hardly cryptic. They spell out threats and plans for an attack or attacks against America by Islamic extremists, purportedly involving the use of weapons of mass destruction (WMD). Should such attack(s) actually occur it would seem abundantly clear who is to blame, and maybe that is the point. A special effort is being made to convey to an American audience that al Qaeda is on the immediate verge of unprecedented terrorist strikes against the U.S., likely involving WMD and nuclear weapons in particularly. But is Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda ultimately to blame should this happen?

www.spiritoftruth.org.nz...

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by lilblam]



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I don't understand why the clock was made to suit one's personal computer, unless it was not intended to be seen by many people scattered across the country, or globally. For instance, mine says we still have 3 hours. I think NY is 3 hrs behind Phx. I thought the part about the horror lyrics was particularly creepy. But most likely nothing will happen, but I don't 'sense' things so I really couldn't tell you.



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
they would do it in the morning when everybody from around is in the city


to me it seems like this a pile of bs



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
maybe the clock is to get our attention of their intentions and then catch us off guard when it happens at an unexpected time



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
funny how that clock is a script from dynamicdrive.com if you look at the source, I'm sure Osama bin Laden uses that site often for his website scripts..



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
yea that is more likely



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Kinda pointless speculation, but it could have been written with GMT in mind rather than the other time zones?



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morrison
funny how that clock is a script from dynamicdrive.com if you look at the source, I'm sure Osama bin Laden uses that site often for his website scripts..


But is that the original clock on the original website? Isn't this just a copy to continue the timer?



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
doesn't anyone read??? the clock in the link is duplicated from the original website.

BELOW IS THE COUNTDOWN CLOCK THAT APPEARED ON A KNOWN AL QAEDA CHAT SITE WITH AN IMAGE OF OSAMA BIN LADEN WITH A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION OVER NEW YORK (the site disappeared within hours of the clock's appearance):

this website is just sharing the info



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Requiem
I don't understand why the clock was made to suit one's personal computer, unless it was not intended to be seen by many people scattered across the country, or globally. For instance, mine says we still have 3 hours. I think NY is 3 hrs behind Phx. I thought the part about the horror lyrics was particularly creepy. But most likely nothing will happen, but I don't 'sense' things so I really couldn't tell you.


horror movie, is a great song sung by a great aussie band (skyhooks)

i will be glad if nothing happens. but if something does, then we can say why werent the gov listening.



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
Here is a question.

Say NY is nuked yadda yadda
Bush declares Martial Law

Would there still be an election, or would Bush remain in power till whenever...
Reason I ask is that, what if GW wants another attack on a very large scale, would that keep him in power?
PS:35 minutes 55 seconds left

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

Doubt it...we still had elections during WWII and the Civil War.

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by Esoterica]



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Exactly


But even IF the original website used some popular java program, does that make it false? I doubt Osama would be well-versed in java script.. though ya never know he's a smart cookie!

And let's back up a bit now.. who says Osama or any Islamic people are behind any of this anyway? Could be just our government WANTING us to believe that so when the attack happens it's easier to blame it on them again.. but u never know!



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
doesn't anyone read??? the clock in the link is duplicated from the original website.

BELOW IS THE COUNTDOWN CLOCK THAT APPEARED ON A KNOWN AL QAEDA CHAT SITE WITH AN IMAGE OF OSAMA BIN LADEN WITH A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION OVER NEW YORK (the site disappeared within hours of the clock's appearance):

this website is just sharing the info


does anybody have a chache of the origional site saved on their harddrive?



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yawn.ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz



posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
well folks, mine reads 5 min.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join