It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the (best) proof the Aurora still exists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
OK, I was watching tactical to practical on the history chanel (on UAV's) and i noticed something truely awsome - they got comments from this guy who had "Aurora Research Scientist" as his job description!!!

Could this have been a slip up? Could the USAF be getting lax because they are going to let it out to the public?

any comments?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There's no proof at all. The "secret" spyplane aurora's existance is still very much unkown. There has been no photographic evidence except for strange "donuts on a rope" contrails spotted here and there. Besides there was a cargo plane named aurora if I'm not mistaken. I'll try lookin for a link.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The "Aurora" line item project in the late 80's - early 90's defense budget would not be the current name of the aircraft in question.
Therefore someone's title as "Aurora Research Scientist" most probably would not have anything to do with the aircraft or the project...
And yes, there was a cargo plane named the CP-140 Aurora maritime patrol aircraft, made (ironically enough) by Lockheed.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
ok I know there is no "proof" but given the circumstances, that the show was basically on unmanned spy planes, and given his job title, it sparked me to think that maybe the Aurora is at the point where it is so comonly accepted as fact, that it is getting useless to deny its existance. The only point to keeping something classified is to keep the enemy from knowing it exists and/or how to build it. Well im sure that if it does exist (I believe it does) then Russia, China and most other power wielding countries already know it exists.

What I was really trying to get at is that this may be another "slip up" caused by the fact that the USAF is getting tired of keeping it a secret. My guess is it is declassified in a year or two as just about everyone who wants to can find out the basic shape because of aerodynamic laws and that it would have to use pulse detenation engine.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
......why would the USAF suddenly get "tired" of keep a top-secret classified aircraft a secret? The whole point of haveing an aeroplane classified is to undergo tests, keep other world powers left in the dark (clueless), and to keep the american public wondering until the time comes. IF the "Aurora" spyplane does indeed exist, it is merely a replacement for the sr-71 blackbird that retired in 1991....even though it has been brought back into service for limited amounts of time in desperate need of its capabilities.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
granted they were talking about UAVs... but maybe it was just talking about aurora borlianis/corlianis (spelling?). it probably would have said that, but you can't be too sure. i just highly doubt that the USAF would slip up like that.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Try looking over the Crystal Face Research site.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FieryIce1
Try looking over the Crystal Face Research site.

And what would that be?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
keeping the blackbird around maybe so they have a cover for were the info is coming from

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
From cmdrkeenkid - but maybe it was just talking about
aurora borlianis/corlianis (spelling?).

Great laugh, that cracked me up.
And you are right on I think. I keep forgetting what
web site I am on. Here, nothing is as it seems, so
naturally, an "Aurora Research Scientist" cannot be
what the name suggests. Has to be a TS Plane mechanic.
How come nobody has said HAARP yet?

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
There's no proof at all. The "secret" spyplane aurora's existance is still very much unkown. There has been no photographic evidence except for strange "donuts on a rope" contrails spotted here and there. Besides there was a cargo plane named aurora if I'm not mistaken. I'll try lookin for a link.

This is actually where you are mistaken, a very close friend of mine has actual video tape of the jet in question. Now I know you all will think that I am a prick, or going on a I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DONT kiddy line, but for the best interest of the nation gov't he has not released it to the public. See there is one thing; when you really start to get involved with area 51 and all of that good stuff, you have certain levels of respect for the government. What good would it do to release pictures of a top-secret plane? Sure it would let us say "Hey kewl" or "I knew thats what it looked like" but you must also understand the flip side of this, being foreign countries go "Oooh thats how we make one"

So with this, and I know its hard to do, due to the fact of all the lamers out there, but just trust me, that aurora is indeed real.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ahh good ole tactical to practical history channel with Hunter Ellis well i didnt see this one yet hmm but ill keep watching ill see what i can get for yah.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by subscorpion
when you really start to get involved with area 51 and all of that good stuff, you have certain levels of respect for the government. What good would it do to release pictures of a top-secret plane?

You must be kidding, respect for governments?

Originally posted by subscorpion
that aurora is indeed real

Yes, I know it too but that does not justify any level of respect for governments.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The respect being I would not release a videotape of something top secret. It would just give other countries too much of an advantage. That is however the ONLY respect I have for the government. Perhaps respect isnt the word, but I feel its wrong to go against them in such way. I want to push the government to its limits, not piss them off.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The aurora is old news now. They are on to better things.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
this does not belong here, it belongs in the Aircraft prjects section of ATS, plus there was proof that it was cancelled, not only that, its origins are still unknown, could anyone say for sure where it originated? In what base?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Probably Nevada. Area 51 has a very long runway, perfect for aircraft of Aurora's ilk. I've heard that seismologists in California have picked up sonic booms travelling at Mach 5...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
When was the video taken? How does he know it's the Aurora?

new topics

top topics

join